The Confederations Cup has space for only one Asian team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Confederations Cup has space for only one Asian team

...and judging from what I have seen from the World Cup, I think a team that isn't Asian will play in the next Confederations Cup, and that team is Australia.

I'm realizing this as I watch the Women's Asian Cup. Just like the Australian men's team, the Australian women's team is among the best in the Asian Group. As far as I can see, it looks like the Australian women's team will win this tournament.

Think about it. In the next Confederations Cup, there could be a time when none of the teams representing the Asian Group will be Asian. In other words, we might see none of the Asian teams qualify.

I believe Australia joining us will help make our group become more competitive, and our team will improve through that. Unfortunately, this means that it's become more difficult for Asian teams to qualify.
    Korea vs. Germany Video

When is the next Confederations Cup? Not till 2009? I guess they aren't having one in 2007. Just our luck.. that means Egypt has to win the 2008 African Cup to be there.

Comment

yeh whoever wins - australia

Comment

The Confederations Cup must be next year, which means that we must win the asia cup.

The Confederations Cup is 2 years

Comment

It is in 2009.

Comment

So who's gonna be part of it??

Will the world cup champs italy be in it or is it who ever wins the Euro 2008??

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN_GANGSTA
              So who's gonna be part of it??
              Will the world cup champs italy be in it or is it who ever wins the Euro 2008??
              Its usually the winners of the 6 continents, world cup winners so yes Italy will be in it , and finally the host nation. But now that its been reduced to five continents I dont know maybe they'll grab another European or actually another South American team would be better since Italy's already going from Europe. Also couldnt get the exact details on weather its in 2007 or 2009 but I hope its 2007 as long as we win the Asian Cup and were included.

Delam mikhad be Esfahan bargardam...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFI6ao7LY8

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh
                When is the next Confederations Cup? Not till 2009? I guess they aren't having one in 2007. Just our luck.. that means Egypt has to win the 2008 African Cup to be there.
                lol, Egypt indeed is always unlucky! more than Iran!

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
                CITY

Comment

We always see Japan playing the Cup.

Comment

Don't overrate the Kangaroos.

Comment

Australia is not that great. If IFF and tm get their act together they can win the asia cup and qualify for confederation cup.
                      The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by khabalood
                        Australia is not that great. If IFF and tm get their act together they can win the asia cup and qualify for confederation cup.
                        agreed

Comment

At the moment, with all the hoodoo facing IFF and TM, alongside the post-World Cup situation in Saudiland, Korea and Japan, Australia stand out as the most stable sides in Asia, even if Hiddink has now gone to coach Russia (wtf??). I am certain that Australia currently stand as among the favourites for the AFC Asian Cup 2007.

And Pakistan ?? Well it will be a miracle if we are able to overcome Oman, Jordan and UAE and scrape and scratch our way to qualify for the Asian Cup...no small feat, but its highly unlikely
                          sigpic

Comment

It is 2009 in South Africa. 2005 it was in Germany. FIFA changed after 2005 the CONFED-Cup for every 4 years. And all teams send their A-Teams.

We only have Italy und South Africa so far. What we are missing is the Asian-Cup champion, Africa-Cup champion, Copa de America champion, GOLD-Cup champion, European champion and OCEANIA champion.

Comment

Originally posted by khabalood
                              yes! well said!

If we are that good that we think, we could compete there! we should go out in AFC Cup and show instead of blaming all around
                              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X