CANNAVARO or MALDINI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CANNAVARO or MALDINI?

Who is the greatest defender of all time?

Maldini is a legend for how long he's been playing and all the titles he's won like Serie A championship and Champions league but he has no Euro cup or World Cup unfortunately

He has always been one of my favorites along with Baggio, Zola, Baresi and them.

CANNAVARO on the other hand has won the world cup and definitely put on a SIGNATURE PERFECT performance at this world cup. He lead his team to win and he made NO MISTAKES...

nO warnings, no fouls, no yellow card, won every ball, man handles bigger players, won every single aerial play.....just perfect

IF YOU DONT BELIEVE THE ABOVE ^^^^^

check for yourself, you're more than welcome to prove me wrong!
    Cannavaro
    0%
    Maldini
    0%
    Other (explain)
    0%

The poll is expired.

canavaro, maldini hasnt got a wc to show for himself. But canavaro still has more to offer. a good few years with madrid!

Comment

i don't think a proper comparison can be made.

maldini was a left-back who was always contributing to the offense, as well as the defense. he plays a much harder position and did it the best out of everyone.

if you're talking about purely defending, then it must be cannavaro
      but if you're talking about all positions in defense, and the best in the world, it would have to be Maldini for the left-back position.

not completely comparable
      We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

I like both of them but ive always liked Maldini as possibly my all time favorite defender so I give him the edge...I dunno maybe cuz I am a Milan guy too.

Delam mikhad be Esfahan bargardam...
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFI6ao7LY8

Comment

I didnt even think they should be compared...

Maldini is the greatest defender of all time. Persoanlly i would even take a fit Nesta over Cannavaro.

To me greatest Italian defenders as far back as i can remem.

1)Maldini
          2)Baresi
          3)Nesta
          4)Cannavaro

Comment

Carles Puyol
            ok u gotta give him at least top 5
            ABED1ZADEH -KAR8IMI -BAG6HERI Forever

Comment

Thuram

Comment

Originally posted by 186forever
                Carles Puyol
                ok u gotta give him at least top 5
                I hope u dont mean top 5 ever man. That would be funny if u did.

Maldidni, Baresi, Cannavaro, Nesta, Thuram, Desially, Rijkaard, Sammer, Koeman and Costacurta.

If you think Puyol is better then any of these man then u are sorely mistaken

P.S I missed two more Keown and Adams of England

Comment

well i didnt mean exact comparison as far as positions but just as pure defenders and being a captain

Comment

I think as a leader and a defender, he is unmatched and the World Cup win proved that Fabio Cannavaro is (quoting Triple H) THAT DAMN GOOD !!!

But I cant answer who was the greatest just yet; guys like Beckenbauer, Bobby Moore, Baresi, Costacurta, Maldini, and the various names of Italian catenaccio of the 1960s spring up in mind. Cannavaro is best right now though.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by babak_australia
                      I hope u dont mean top 5 ever man. That would be funny if u did.

Maldidni, Baresi, Cannavaro, Nesta, Thuram, Desially, Rijkaard, Sammer, Koeman and Costacurta.

If you think Puyol is better then any of these man then u are sorely mistaken

P.S I missed two more Keown and Adams of England
                      no I meant currently in today's football

but seriously he is the most aggressive and undersized defender with hardly any dirty fouls
                      that s impressive

Comment

no I meant currently in today's football
                        but seriously he is the most aggressive and undersized defender with hardly any dirty fouls
                        that s impressive
                        I guess based on todays defenders he would be in the top 5. He really has come of age in the last few years.

I think todays top 5 are
                        1) Cannavaro
                        2) Terry
                        3) Lucio
                        4) Puyol
                        5) Thuram

All time top 5
                        1)Maldini
                        2)Baresi
                        3)Thuram
                        4)Cannavaro
                        5)Desailly

Im sure there are others but to me these guys were all rocks and had a distinct impression on the performances of their respective teams.

Comment

well, i thought rio ferdinand deserved to be there somewhere, especially b/c he performed much better than Terry in the world cup.

Nesta should also be included somewhere in there as well.

there are just too many quality defenders to truly pick 5.

Babak jan, your list looks pretty decent
                          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by babak_australia
                            I guess based on todays defenders he would be in the top 5. He really has come of age in the last few years.
                            I think todays top 5 are
                            1) Cannavaro
                            2) Terry
                            3) Lucio
                            4) Puyol
                            5) Thuram
                            All time top 5
                            1)Maldini
                            2)Baresi
                            3)Thuram
                            4)Cannavaro
                            5)Desailly
                            Im sure there are others but to me these guys were all rocks and had a distinct impression on the performances of their respective teams.
                            how the hellllllllllll did u get lucio???? please man.....he isn t even top 10....I remember looking at some list before the world cup....common u puting lucio there is as bad as me saying puyol is the all time best D
                            here are the defenders I think are better than Lucio:
                            Nesta
                            Every freakin materazzi
                            Marquez...
                            shoot Hyppia
                            and many more man

Comment

how the hellllllllllll did u get lucio???? please man.....he isn t even top 10....I remember looking at some list before the world cup....common u puting lucio there is as bad as me saying puyol is the all time best D
                              here are the defenders I think are better than Lucio:
                              Nesta
                              Every freakin materazzi
                              Marquez...
                              shoot Hyppia
                              and many more man
                              My apologies to all, i dont know what i was thinking wen i put Lucio, i meant to put Nesta. I luv Marquez as well but my current top 5 minus Lucio and add Nesta is the best i think.

Originally posted by faraz
                              well, i thought rio ferdinand deserved to be there somewhere, especially b/c he performed much better than Terry in the world cup.

Nesta should also be included somewhere in there as well.

there are just too many quality defenders to truly pick 5.

Babak jan, your list looks pretty decent
                              Cheers man.

I gotta say man, at the begininnig i was never a fan of Terry but he is fast growing to be one of the greats. He is very sure of himself and rarely puts a foot wrong wen it comes to club football and international. I think you could put him in any league and he will cope.

I didnt even mean to put Lucio in that list. It should have been Nesta instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X