X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea i like babak's list except Lucio

Comment

This is incorrect to compare these two.

Maldini is a legend and he is in top 4 best defenders of all time. (based on Fifa and Uefa)

Cannavaro is a great deffender. although he has gotten the WC, but in no way I would compare him with Paolo the great. Both are excellent leaders but it takes more than a WC to become a legend like Maldini.

Maldini didn't get any international championship, but it was not his fault! He had been flawless through his career.

in 1990, Italy lost against Argentina in the Penalty shootouts. Maldini was not at fault. he got a third place medal.
      in 1994, Italy lost against Brazil in the Penalty shootouts. Maldini was not at fault. he got a second place medal.
      in 1998, Italy lost against France in the Penalty shootouts. Maldini was not at fault, I think he scored one of the penalties too.
      in EURO 2000, Italy lost against France in the Final by a golden goal. Maldini was not at fault. he got a second place medal.
      in 2002, Italy lost against Korea due to a mistake by Cannavaro.

PAOLO MALDINI’S CAREER
      DEBUT: January 20, 1985 Udinese-Milan 1-1
      TOTAL APPEARANCES WITH MILAN: 819 (record)
      TOTAL ROSSONERI GOALS: 31
      (27 Serie A, 1 Italian Cup, 3 in Champions League)
      SEASONS IN SERIE A WITH THE SAME TEAM: 22 (record)

23 TROPHIES CONQUERED WITH MILAN:

7 Italian League Titles
      4 Cup of Champions
      2 Intercontinental Cups
      4 European Champions' Cups
      1 Italian Cup
      5 League Supercups

MILAN 2005/2006 SEASON:
      LEAGUE
      Appearances: 14
      Minutes played: 1140
      Goals: 2

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
      Appearances: 9
      Minutes played: 544
      Goals: -

NATIONAL:

Debut: Yugoslavia-Italy (March 21, 1988)
      Appearances: 126 (record), 74 times as captain
      Goals: 7
      World Cups: 4 (1990-1994-1998-2002)
      VIVA ITALIA VIVA MILAN VIVA MALDINI

Comment

Thanx Viva for all the details....Maldini is tha mothaf-ckin man

Comment

Yeah I just wished Maldini would have came with the squad one last time just to taste the world cup glory, after four consecutive times of losing in PK shootouts he really deserved to hoist the world cup trophy. Man he wouldve made a good left back instead of Grosso or Zaccardo...or at least come off the bench, I bet he regrets not coming this time but nevertheless a legend and a brilliant career.

Delam mikhad be Esfahan bargardam...
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFI6ao7LY8

Comment

Originally posted by Amir H F
            Yeah I just wished Maldini would have came with the squad one last time just to taste the world cup glory, after four consecutive times of losing in PK shootouts he really deserved to hoist the world cup trophy. Man he wouldve made a good left back instead of Grosso or Zaccardo...or at least come off the bench, I bet he regrets not coming this time but nevertheless a legend and a brilliant career.

I know man that was the missing piece of this world cup win but GROSSO did hell of a job for a left back and he was one of the main reasons they won

Comment

Originally posted by VivaItalia
              This is incorrect to compare these two.

Maldini is a legend and he is in top 4 best defenders of all time. (based on Fifa and Uefa)

Cannavaro is a great deffender. although he has gotten the WC, but in no way I would compare him with Paolo the great. Both are excellent leaders but it takes more than a WC to become a legend like Maldini.

Maldini didn't get any international championship, but it was not his fault! He had been flawless through his career.

in 1990, Italy lost against Argentina in the Penalty shootouts. Maldini was not at fault. he got a third place medal.
              in 1994, Italy lost against Brazil in the Penalty shootouts. Maldini was not at fault. he got a second place medal.
              in 1998, Italy lost against France in the Penalty shootouts. Maldini was not at fault, I think he scored one of the penalties too.
              in EURO 2000, Italy lost against France in the Final by a golden goal. Maldini was not at fault. he got a second place medal.
              in 2002, Italy lost against Korea due to a mistake by Cannavaro.

DEBUT: January 20, 1985 Udinese-Milan 1-1
              TOTAL APPEARANCES WITH MILAN: 819 (record)
              TOTAL ROSSONERI GOALS: 31
              (27 Serie A, 1 Italian Cup, 3 in Champions League)
              SEASONS IN SERIE A WITH THE SAME TEAM: 22 (record)

23 TROPHIES CONQUERED WITH MILAN:

7 Italian League Titles
              4 Cup of Champions
              2 Intercontinental Cups
              4 European Champions' Cups
              1 Italian Cup
              5 League Supercups

MILAN 2005/2006 SEASON:
              LEAGUE
              Appearances: 14
              Minutes played: 1140
              Goals: 2

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
              Appearances: 9
              Minutes played: 544
              Goals: -

NATIONAL:

Debut: Yugoslavia-Italy (March 21, 1988)
              Appearances: 126 (record), 74 times as captain
              Goals: 7
              World Cups: 4 (1990-1994-1998-2002)
              one mistake, the korea loss 2002 was all maldini baby, he was marking ahn, he didnt jump, i see it as it was yesterday.. nevertheless i voted maldini, i think they are very close though, and nesta wil join them to, next worldcup is his...
              btw the wiltord goal EC 2000 was a very lucky one, first nesta made a misjudge and the ball went over his head, then the ball was shot UNDER the feet of fabio, and finaly toldo who should have stopped it with his feet but chose for the hands and missed, minor mistakes from the three of them..
              Gal'e Noii

Comment

Originally posted by morti
                one mistake, the korea loss 2002 was all maldini baby, he was marking ahn, he didnt jump, i see it as it was yesterday.. nevertheless i voted maldini, i think they are very close though, and nesta wil join them to, next worldcup is his...
                btw the wiltord goal EC 2000 was a very lucky one, first nesta made a misjudge and the ball went over his head, then the ball was shot UNDER the feet of fabio, and finaly toldo who should have stopped it with his feet but chose for the hands and missed, minor mistakes from the three of them..
                No baby!

The first goal (min 89-90!?) was Fabio's blunder! you may need a new glasses to review the history!
                VIVA ITALIA VIVA MILAN VIVA MALDINI

Comment

Terry Butcher was the best

Comment

Here is CANNAVARO'S great performance at the world cup:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WUCOWr7CB...20cannavaro%20

wow!

Comment

viva whatever,
                      maldini is or was not the top 4 defenders in th world..and also where do you come up based on fifa and uefa...
                      Also he is no legend..He got to be where he is now cuz of his daddy..
                      have a good day...

Comment

^^^ Looool

Comment

Originally posted by Land of Samba
                          viva whatever,
                          maldini is or was not the top 4 defenders in th world..and also where do you come up based on fifa and uefa...
                          Also he is no legend..He got to be where he is now cuz of his daddy..
                          have a good day...
                          If we had a comment of the week bro. YOU JUST WON IT.

Maldini is in the top 10 best players of the last 50 years in Uefa. Voted by the people!!!!

Man if u r gonna say something at least say something slightly rite man, Maldini is the best defender there ever has been.

Comment

Maldini's Defense is still 97 in freaking Winning Eleven and the man hardly plays lol
                            What I like about him is because he is a nice gentleman (don t get offended but u hardly see any Italian player who is known for his personality and sportsmanship) and also the fact that he is still fit and does great compared to his age
                            ABED1ZADEH -KAR8IMI -BAG6HERI Forever

Comment

Originally posted by VivaItalia
                              No baby!

The first goal (min 89-90!?) was Fabio's blunder! you may need a new glasses to review the history!
                              lol baby u need the glasses, i thought u were talkin bout the golden goal, cause that 88 min goal was neither fabio or paolo, it was that stupid panucci, the golden goal was maldini
                              Gal'e Noii

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN_GANGSTA
                                Here is CANNAVARO'S great performance at the world cup:
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=WUCOWr7CB...20cannavaro%20
                                wow!
                                nice video man, cannavaro deserved this cup soo much
                                Gal'e Noii

Comment

Working...
                                X