X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iverson staying in philly

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5786094

I have mixed feelings

one of the main contenders to get him was atlanta, that would have been amazing, but if hes happy im happy

He should retire and give the younger guys a try to prove themselves...well either that or have his minutes cut down, his game is wearing down.

Delam mikhad be Esfahan bargardam...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFI6ao7LY8

Comment

Originally posted by Amir H F
      He should retire and give the younger guys a try to prove themselves...well either that or have his minutes cut down, his game is wearing down.
      wearing down? Statistically he was the best player in the NBA last year

Comment

Originally posted by nyc3469
        wearing down? Statistically he was the best player in the NBA last year
        oh god dont give me that shit again dude, im not in the mood for LONG posts...just refer to that official nba thread and you'll see he clearly wasnt.

Comment

i dono wut ur talking abouttt amir HF.... IVERSON issss stilllllllll the besttt obviously u cant sai whos the best.. but for sureee hes top 5

Comment

He's gonna stay in philly cuz he wants to be remembered as the one and only guy who stayed there his whole career. He knows he wont fit in anywhere else

btw, nyc his stats are the best right now cuz NBA players SUCK now days LOL hardly any good players left. There are few stars here and there but the league as a whole sucks!

P.S. Iverson is like Farhad Majidi LOL

Comment

Originally posted by persian_rapper
              i dono wut ur talking abouttt amir HF.... IVERSON issss stilllllllll the besttt obviously u cant sai whos the best.. but for sureee hes top 5
              do you even know NBA? I can tell you right now for one Lebron James is easily better statistically and effectively...ok ill tell you why since you dont know anything about basketball.

Comment

Ok you asked for so here is why Lebrons better statistically.

Originally posted by Amir H F
                Ok well lets compare them "STATISICALLY" shall we....

Iverson 32.8 pts, 3.3 rebs, 7.5 assts, 2 steals, no blocks, 45%FG
                James 31.5 pts, 7.3 rebs, 6.7 assts, 1.6 steals, 1 block, 48%FG

And keep in mind this is a 20 year old vs an All-Star Veteran and I said James had 6rebs 6assts until I looked it up and its actually more like 7rebs 7assts wow By the way add those 5 stats together and Lebron has 48.1, and Iverson 45.8 if that means anything, and dont cry about rebounds and height because as someone who is 6'1'' myself I learned if you correctly position yourself and box out you can grab quite a few, more than 3 at least! ESPECIALLY if you play 43mins a game!!!

SO you say "statistically" does that mean adding how many they have advantages in and saying "3-2 Iverson is better"? sorry but thats a retarded statement! Ok points Iverson is only 1.3 better and takes more shots, rebs well NO COMPARISON, assists only .8 better for someone who plays point guard to a frequent Small Forward!!!, blocks again no comarison, and steals is pretty much tied with Iverson only .4 ahead, PLUS he shoots better from the field!!! So the ones Iverson leads in are SLIGHTLY better so you give me that 3-2 NONSENSE.

By the way Iverson averages 25.4 shots a game and Lebron 23. So you decide what he could do with that "2 shots" maybe pass him with assists and points both!!! I cant put it in front of you any more CLEARER just look at those numbers and RECOGNIZE fool, check yo'self.

Comment

How the hell do you expect one of the smallest players in the NBA to get blocks? If anything,its a knock on lebron for being so tall and athletic and ONLY average 1 block.

Rebounds, OK, LEBRON JAMES IS A BETTER REBOUNDER THAN ALLEN IVERSON. Wow. A 6'8'' guy who sometimes plays small forward has more rebounds than a 6'0 165 pound point guard. Hats off to lebron there.

Now lets go to the statistics where you can REALLY compare these two players. Allen Iverson has MORE points than Lebron james (actually when the season ended iverson finished with 33 points, an increase, and lebron with 31.4, a decrease) AND he has more assists.
                  STATISTICALLY, i cannot stress this word enough, STATISTICALLY, Allen Iverson is the best player in the NBA. Better than LeBron, better than everyone. CASE CLOSED.

Comment

damn iverson is 165?

lol he's a skinnny bastard, im 185 and 5'9''

Comment

How the hell do you expect one of the smallest players in the NBA to get blocks? If anything,its a knock on lebron for being so tall and athletic and ONLY average 1 block.
                      Rebounds, OK, LEBRON JAMES IS A BETTER REBOUNDER THAN ALLEN IVERSON. Wow. A 6'8'' guy who sometimes plays small forward has more rebounds than a 6'0 165 pound point guard. Hats off to lebron there.
                      Now lets go to the statistics where you can REALLY compare these two players. Allen Iverson has MORE points than Lebron james (actually when the season ended iverson finished with 33 points, an increase, and lebron with 31.4, a decrease) AND he has more assists.
                      STATISTICALLY, i cannot stress this word enough, STATISTICALLY, Allen Iverson is the best player in the NBA. Better than LeBron, better than everyone. CASE CLOSED.
                      What about assists? they are about the same but Iverson plays point guard at times...Lebron is way more balanced and if you add the overall stats he's clearly better. But you dont seem to understand that cuz you are still at an age where you go by what you believe and wont change your mind (basically laj bazi) but you'll eventually grow out of it with age...but in the meantime I wont argue this issue with you any further.

ps Iverson didnt even finish top 8 in MVP balloting and if I remember correctly Lebron was top 2 or 3...and this is by PRO analysts around the country, that refers more to the 'better player' debate though. Anyways PEACE in this subject.
                      Last edited by Amir H F; 07-26-2006, 04:51 PM.

Comment

wow i actually can't believe someone is trying to compare the two. Lebron is compared an Heir to JORDAN. He was second in the MVP balloting. He lead his team to the playoffs and almost beat the DETROIT PISTONS. He can do everything on the floor. He is a much better passer. And defender. Iverson circa 2000-2001 was a great player but its been downhill since then (im not talking statstically, im talking playoff success, team success) .

And who the F u ck cares about statistics. Its an age old adage that "NUMBERS ALWAYS LIE". Iverson loves padding his stats now adays. And his assists are Stephon Marbury assists. Sure he always gets 5 or 6 but there all garbage ones. Congrats NYC you like a player that hasnt done shit in 3 years and wont be doing much soon. All i can tell you is all the statstics in the world wont make iverson the true better player.

and on the rebound issue? Look at jason kidd. One of the best rebounders in the game and his also a point guard.
                        The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

Originally posted by mf_doom
                          wow i actually can't believe someone is trying to compare the two. Lebron is compared an Heir to JORDAN. He was second in the MVP balloting. He lead his team to the playoffs and almost beat the DETROIT PISTONS. He can do everything on the floor. He is a much better passer. And defender. Iverson circa 2000-2001 was a great player but its been downhill since then (im not talking statstically, im talking playoff success, team success) .
                          And who the F u ck cares about statistics. Its an age old adage that "NUMBERS ALWAYS LIE". Iverson loves padding his stats now adays. And his assists are Stephon Marbury assists. Sure he always gets 5 or 6 but there all garbage ones. Congrats NYC you like a player that hasnt done shit in 3 years and wont be doing much soon. All i can tell you is all the statstics in the world wont make iverson the true better player.
                          and on the rebound issue? Look at jason kidd. One of the best rebounders in the game and his also a point guard.
                          Very well said. I am glad im not the only person on PFDC who knows what their talking about regarding the NBA. By the way even though its not all about stats, Lebron is still better in that category as well...Iverson's days are over, and Lebron will achieve MUCH more than Iverson ever did over the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by mf_doom

Jason Kidd is a premier rebounder? Really? Hes not even in the top 40.

And talking about team success, compare the 2 teams. James has an All-Star center on his team and a lot of other really good players. The last time iverson had a decent center? The sixers went to the NBA finals and were the first team to beat the lakers in like 25 games in that finals series. Who else was on that team? George Lynch, Matt Geiger, Tyrone Hill; all players that are REALLY BAD. There was only one other decent player on that team, the center, motumbo (even then he was past his prime). Other than that 1 year, Iverson has never had ANYONE that was good on his team, nobody that is even as good as the three other best players on the Caveliers THIS SEASON; Illgauskas, Gooden, and flip murray. Despite this, about a month before the end of the season, Philly was only 2 games behind cleveland, but then Iverson got injured, missed 5 games, and they totally fell apart at that point.

And Iverson has garbage assists!?!?!? Are you blind? Have you seen all the all they ally-oops and no look passes he makes? LEBRON didnt even make the top 10 assists list. Iverson did, look at #7. (amir, while you are there, maybe you can check out the sixers beating the jazz in the summer league)

A better arguement can be made for dwayne wade

Comment

psh whatever the Jazz have a pretty good set of rookies comin in (or at least so far theyve been good), we REALLY were hopin for Redick but barely missed him...oh well I hope with the acquiring of Derek Fisher and a healthy team they can get back to the playoffs just like the old days.

Comment

Working...
                              X