Rooney's ref reveals what happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rooney's ref reveals what happened

http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/article.aspx?hlid=406666&CPID=4&clid=114&lid=2&tit le=Rooney+ref's+revelations

World Cup referee Horacio Elizondo has castigated Wayne Rooney for forcing his hand in England's World Cup exit to Portugal.

The Argentinian official dismissed the Three Lions' golden boy for a stamp on Ricardo Carvalho's groin in the quarter final defeat, effectively ending England's dream of recapturing the title for the first time since 1966.

Rooney reacted with disbelief, and there has since been an outcry in the English media against Cristiano Ronaldo for his part in the affair, but Elizondo stands by his decision and has criticised the Liverpudlian youngster for his petulance.

"Rooney was complaining all the time, always coming close to you and saying 'Referee this, referee that'," Elizondo told the Sun.

"Protests and more protests - he reminded me of my kids!"

But the revelations do not stop there. Elizondo has also revealed how England's outgoing manager Sven Goran Eriksson came to his dressing room after the crushing loss.

"He wanted to congratulate us. I really appreciated that. We chatted and he mentioned the red card. 'Rooney stamped on him, didn't he?' he asked. I nodded," he added.

"He told me: 'I can't understand how a professional player can react like that'. Then he left."

The game was Eriksson's last match in charge of The Three Lions before Steve McClaren officially took charge at the helm.
    sigpic

rooney is a b*tch!

Comment

^^ dude its a conspiracy they wanted to send off Rooney so England would have no chance of winning the WC

Comment

^^^ so they implanted a chip in his brain which allowed him to be controlled by remote control and thus causing him to stamp on Carvalho's goolies.

Comment

Originally posted by HHHa
          ^^ dude its a conspiracy they wanted to send off Rooney so England would have no chance of winning the WC
          What are u talking about man.

they guy stamped on someones balls and then pushed another guy (Ronaldo) away. If there ever was a "lat" in football its Wayne Rooney.

Where is the conspirocy??

Comment

Originally posted by babak_australia
            If there ever was a "lat" in football its Wayne Rooney.
            hat title.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
            X