Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the hell do people keep saying Italy is boring and has no offense???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by faraz
    now maybe this is one thing we can definitely agree upon...
    it was EXTREMELY boring...
    Yes we can....

94 matches that were great:
    Italy vs Bulgaria
    Brazil vs Sweden (grp stage)
    Bulgaria vs Sweden (3rd place match)

3 of the best World cup games i have ever seen

the best ever being Hollands vicotry over Argentina in 98. WHAT A GOAL BY DENNIS THE KING

Originally posted by ali_asghar
    I said i hate penalty kicks. I didnt say i hate any penalty kicks Italy wins.
    06 was the only time they ever did win one

Comment

Italy plays passive football, but they win

Look at holland, everyone praises them for their beautifull style of play they show every now and then. But have they won anything besides the european cup in '88?

Comment

I said i hate penalty kicks. I didnt say i hate any penalty kicks Italy wins.

Everyone does but its much much more fair than the stupid Golden Goal.

But you gotta give it up to Italy for breaking the penalty jinx, they had lost all of their WC penalties and the last one was against France.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN_GANGSTA
          Everyone does but its much much more fair than the stupid Golden Goal.
          But you gotta give it up to Italy for breaking the penalty jinx, they had lost all of their WC penalties and the last one was against France.
          golden goal was amazing. the quality of the games were high because of golden goal. and its way more fair than penalties. penalties=luck. golden goal= skill because you have to score.

Comment

Originally posted by milad
            golden goal was amazing. the quality of the games were high because of golden goal. and its way more fair than penalties. penalties=luck. golden goal= skill because you have to score.

NO!

Penalty = confidence, concentration, professionalism, etc...
            120 min. is enough time for both teams to do the best they can, if they dont then its fair to do penalties.

Golden goal = nothing that football stands for, cuz if the game was to be decided on one goal then why do we play 90 min?? Its to see who can finish the game, not who can score first. Just cuz a team scores first doesnt mean they should be declared winners. EX: japan-brazil in the WC, japan scored the first goal...does that mean they were better? NO, they lost 4 to 1 !

Comment

They should be able to have unlimited subs in extra time. Then they can have more chance of scoring a goal. Either way penalty kicks suck. They dont prove anything.
              ----kaabi--sheys--nosrati--sadeghi---
              ----------nekounam--teymourian
              ---- --------- shojaei--
              ------badamaki----charmahali----oladi-----

Comment

They should be able to have unlimited subs in extra time. Then they can have more chance of scoring a goal. Either way penalty kicks suck. They dont prove anything.
                I agree, i think there should be more than 3 subs allowed period.

But penalty kicks have been part of the game forever, its part of football and you cant hate it. If after 120 min. no team can score, then its fair to have penalties. If you can't score in 2 HOURS...then you wont score anymore.

Comment

I agree, i think there should be more than 3 subs allowed period.
                  But penalty kicks have been part of the game forever, its part of football and you cant hate it. If after 120 min. no team can score, then its fair to have penalties. If you can't score in 2 HOURS...then you wont score anymore.
                  Yeah i get that but i think they should try to change the rules so their is as small a possibility of going to penalty kicks as their can be.
                  ---- --------- shojaei--

Comment

Yeah i get that but i think they should try to change the rules so their is as small a possibility of going to penalty kicks as their can be.

Do you have any suggestions?

They tried golden goal for a few years and they saw how unfair it was, so they took it away. Anything else would be too unfair. At least penalty kicks, there is 5 chances.

Comment

The Silver goal was ok i rekon.

In case no one knows what it is....It is wen team scores a goal in extra time, the opposion have till the end of that half only to score a goal back. If no goal is scored by the end of the half then the game is over.

Its tough about this boys, there really is no either choices by Fifa.

One good thing about penalties is you get to see how mentally tough some players are and how weak others really can be.

EG. C.Ronaldo took one of the greatest penalties i have ever seen
                      and at the same time Lamps and Gerrard missed.

Comment

One is the unlimited subs thing. I heard this one from someone else and it made sense. In Basketball scores used to be low because their would be the big men just planted in the key and players would have to shoot from outside all day. Thats y they made the three second rule so more one on one and penetration to the hoop equals more scores. Maybe they should try (keyword try) this with football. Have a so ever many second rule in the box. Other than that i think teams have gotten defensive and have deserted the total football era that spoiled that generation with incredible football scorelines.
                        ---- --------- shojaei--

Comment

One is the unlimited subs thing. I heard this one from someone else and it made sense. In Basketball scores used to be low because their would be the big men just planted in the key and players would have to shoot from outside all day. Thats y they made the three second rule so more one on one and penetration to the hoop equals more scores. Maybe they should try (keyword try) this with football. Have a so ever many second rule in the box. Other than that i think teams have gotten defensive and have deserted the total football era that spoiled that generation with incredible football scorelines.

The equivalent of that in football is OFFSIDE

Comment

Originally posted by babak_australia
                            The Silver goal was ok i rekon.
                            In case no one knows what it is....It is wen team scores a goal in extra time, the opposion have till the end of that half only to score a goal back. If no goal is scored by the end of the half then the game is over.
                            Its tough about this boys, there really is no either choices by Fifa.
                            One good thing about penalties is you get to see how mentally tough some players are and how weak others really can be.
                            EG. C.Ronaldo took one of the greatest penalties i have ever seen
                            and at the same time Lamps and Gerrard missed.

Exactly

We can all agree golden goal or silver goal (whatever) was stupid cuz it didnt give the other team a chance to equalize and thats what football is all about. You gotta have a chance to equalize, otherwise it would suck for a team to get eliminated by a keeereee tap in goal or even an own goal.

Comment

Exactly
                              We can all agree golden goal or silver goal (whatever) was stupid cuz it didnt give the other team a chance to equalize and thats what football is all about. You gotta have a chance to equalize, otherwise it would suck for a team to get eliminated by a keeereee tap in goal or even an own goal.
                              Well i actually like the idea of silver goal as it gives the opposition till the end of that half to score an equaliser. Nothing wrong with that.

Also i think they got rid of golden goal as it gave more marketing time which equals more advertising money to the hosts.

Comment

Originally posted by babak_australia
                                Well i actually like the idea of silver goal as it gives the opposition till the end of that half to score an equaliser. Nothing wrong with that.
                                Also i think they got rid of golden goal as it gave more marketing time which equals more advertising money to the hosts.

How is it fair for a crappy team to end the game with an own goal? Its not fair at all. One goal should not determine the whole game. You're supposed to play the FULL TIME to find who the best team is. This is football we're talking about, its not the score and number of goals, its about who FINISHES on top. Its different than any other sport.

Comment

Working...
                                X