No announcement yet.

The Arsenal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now ARSENAL scores through a mistake!!! 89th min 2-1 Arsenal (Arshavin 2nd goal)

3 goals in 3mins lol
    Last edited by Farhad-7; 08-01-2009, 10:21 AM.

Comment

FT 2-1 Arsenal.

it was well deserved I guess since Arsenal dominated the game.

Comment

lol arshavin messiahed for arsenal. imagine if you had that luxury 15-20 games a season.. when its all even and you know its gonna be a tie but somehow out of nowhere a player says "time to win" and automatically makes a goal happen.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
          lol arshavin messiahed for arsenal. imagine if you had that luxury 15-20 games a season.. when its all even and you know its gonna be a tie but somehow out of nowhere a player says "time to win" and automatically makes a goal happen.
          since Henry left, Arsenal has been having a missing ingredientand in the team and he had done many great things for club when his time at his peak was over to be honest when he moved on to Barca though he's still a great player. The 2008/2009 EPL season showed Arsene Wenger we needed a game breaker player and there came Arshavin mid way. and yeah you're right imagine only if Arshavin was there with Arsenal with the season's start as we lost/drew to low league teams even though Arsenal played better in the games and had bad fortune with injuries but we missed a guy like him to make it happen for us. Also having no Arshavin in Arsenal in UCL (getting raped by Man Utd) showed the difference between having Arshavin in EPL against top teams even with all those injuries like the 4-4 vs Liverpool was brilliant.

To make things short, it's a pleasure to have players like Henry, Messi, Arshavin, etc in the world of football who can change games around. I'm looking forward to the new season

Also I wonder if there is anyone to step it up for Man Utd. since Ronaldo left and he always had the game winners for them like vs Porto and many other games. I don't think Valencia or Owen could be the answer....will be interesting to see how they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
            since Henry left, Arsenal has been having a missing ingredientand in the team and he had done many great things for club when his time at his peak was over to be honest when he moved on to Barca though he's still a great player. The 2008/2009 EPL season showed Arsene Wenger we needed a game breaker player and there came Arshavin mid way. and yeah you're right imagine only if Arshavin was there with Arsenal with the season's start as we lost/drew to low league teams even though Arsenal played better in the games and had bad fortune with injuries but we missed a guy like him to make it happen for us. Also having no Arshavin in Arsenal in UCL (getting raped by Man Utd) showed the difference between having Arshavin in EPL against top teams even with all those injuries like the 4-4 vs Liverpool was brilliant.

To make things short, it's a pleasure to have players like Henry, Messi, Arshavin, etc in the world of football who can change games around. I'm looking forward to the new season

Also I wonder if there is anyone to step it up for Man Utd. since Ronaldo left and he always had the game winners for them like vs Porto and many other games. I don't think Valencia or Owen could be the answer....will be interesting to see how they do.
            valencia+owen will be at least as good as crystiana.

and we have kaka.

Comment

Only vid that is out yet, I'll post highlights later, here's Arshavin's 2nd goal, seeing a reply, how the heck did he get it in from that angle. wow!

EDIT: goals here

Originally posted by milad View Post
              valencia+owen will be at least as good as crystiana.
              and we have kaka.
              Haven't seen Kaka play yet with Real but will surely be one of Reals best player if fit
              Last edited by Farhad-7; 08-01-2009, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Rangers should be easy today. They only just barely won yesterday and also pedro mendes admitted in the sky sports news thing that they do have a few fitness worries.

Comment

Originally posted by alborzb View Post
                  Rangers should be easy today. They only just barely won yesterday and also pedro mendes admitted in the sky sports news thing that they do have a few fitness worries.
                  it's only a friendly tournament but still it'd be good to win the Emirates Cup

Comment

it's only a friendly tournament but still it'd be good to win the Emirates Cup
                    I understand that its a friendly tournament but if we loose, it'll be a slight embarrasment to loose our own tournament 2 years in a row.

Comment

I understand that its a friendly tournament but if we loose, it'll be a slight embarrasment to loose our own tournament 2 years in a row.
                      True.
                      Here's some nice pics from yesterday's game I wanna share:
                      This is Englands and Arsenals FUTURE STAR, Jack Wilkshere. Great playmaker with lots of trickery skills and quick feet. Only 17.

EDIT: I just realized I'm the 1000th poster on the Arsenal thread. woo

Comment

True.
                        Here's some nice pics from yesterday's game I wanna share:
                        This is Englands and Arsenals FUTURE STAR, Jack Wilkshere. Great playmaker with lots of trickery skills and quick feet. Only 17.

Pics arn't working for me

Comment

EDIT: I just realized I'm the 1000th poster on the Arsenal thread. woo
                          Congrats!

Comment

Only vid that is out yet, I'll post highlights later, here's Arshavin's 2nd goal, seeing a reply, how the heck did he get it in from that angle.
                            i personally think he was just trying to keep it in for eduardo to finish but kept it in in such a way that it squeezed in.

players i expect to start today: song, diaby, vermaelen, walcott, vela, fabianski/almunia

and probably: fabregas,clichy/gibbs and i hope rosicky again

Comment

Originally posted by Shervin. View Post
                              i personally think he was just trying to keep it in for eduardo to finish but kept it in in such a way that it squeezed in.
                              players i expect to start today: song, diaby, vermaelen, walcott, vela, fabianski/almunia
                              and probably: fabregas,clichy/gibbs and i hope rosicky again
                              and Arshavin/Eduardo perhaps since they came into A. Madrid game in only 66th min.

Comment

Pics arn't working for me
                                they don't work for me either, seems they can't be used on other sites.
                                here, use this http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/footba...al/photos.html

look at first couple of pages for vs. A Madrid.

Comment

Working...
                                X