The Arsenal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishyboy1209 View Post
    oh yeah i forgot, preseason matters a lot more than the actual season. you wanna see games?
    Last season:
    Man city 3-0 Arsenal
    Arsenal 1-4 Chelsea
    Plus you guys almost freaking lost to ROMA in the champions league....
    So go ahead and win all your preseason games and we'll see how far you get in the real competitions.
    ps i am chill.
    i forgot, but what trophy did liverpool win last year?

Comment

Originally posted by IranSoccer#8 View Post
      i forgot, but what trophy did liverpool win last year?
      the same one arsenal won.

But seriously, I hope we can aspire to win great things like arsenal, such as the Emirates Cup.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
        dude he was joking, chillax and at least Arsenal wins their games unlike Liverpool's preseason:

Club St. Gallen 0-0 Liverpool
        Club SK Rapid Wien 1-0 Liverpool
        Thailand 1-1 Liverpool

and how about last night nigga?

Espanyol 3-0 Liverpool
        Lol Farhad Jan these morons don't have a sense of humour.

Fishboy - Farhad just owned your liverpool ass!!! once Alonso is gone and Javier is gone, you will be fighting it out with Man City for 4th place.

Comment

fishyboy who the **** cares about last season, this season we kicked their ass and made the semi and where was Liverpool? trying to win EPL and failing?

Half of Arsenal's important players were injured and we made it that far with sucha small squad. please don't tell ohhhh torres was injured and stevie G later because you just can't rely on two players, learn from Arsenal who still managed to get 4th place in EPL and semis in FA CUP, semis in UCL with a shit squad.

ohhh and enjoy EPL 2009/2010 with players like Arbeloa and Alonso leaving. hah

Comment

learn from Arsenal who still managed to get 4th place in EPL and semis in FA CUP, semis in UCL with a shit squad.
            Won't be a shit squad for much longer. Seems we're buying handeland, viera and huntelaar??

Comment

Originally posted by alborzb View Post
              Won't be a shit squad for much longer. Seems we're buying handeland, viera and huntelaar??
              I meant with the injuries we had to big players our team wasn't to its potential.

Huntelaar is going to AC Milan most likely. Looks like Fulham won't give Hangeland away.

Viera and Chamakh are 50-50 (we never know what Wenger does)

There's also talk of Solomon Kalou being a target of Wenger. In Jan 2009, Wenger had 6 million bid rejected and now hes paying more for him. I doubt Chelsea will give him though.

Comment

I meant with the injuries we had to big players our team wasn't to its potential.
                Huntelaar is going to AC Milan most likely. Looks like Fulham won't give Hangeland away.
                Viera and Chamakh are 50-50 (we never know what Wenger does)
                There's also talk of Solomon Kalou being a target of Wenger. In Jan 2009, Wenger had 6 million bid rejected and now hes paying more for him. I doubt Chelsea will give him though.
                I really doubt Chelsea would sell kalou.. and Didnt sunderland put in a bid for chamakh? what happened? rejected or are they still discussing his contract?

Comment

And according to the Swizz Fa, everything with Senderos is sorted and he's leaving to Everton: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...deal-done.html

Comment

Originally posted by The-Iron-Ghost View Post
                    Lol Farhad Jan these morons don't have a sense of humour.
                    Fishboy - Farhad just owned your liverpool ass!!! once Alonso is gone and Javier is gone, you will be fighting it out with Man City for 4th place.
                    Macherano isn't leavin and alonso won't be as big of a loss as everyone thinks.
                    Apparently u are the one who needs to get a sense of humor cuz I was just playin wen I said that. And at least my team can get 2nd with gerrard and torres being out. And u think we're gonna get 4th? LOL I forgot....who got 4th this year...
                    sigpic

Comment

Macherano isn't leavin and alonso won't be as big of a loss as everyone thinks.
                      Apparently u are the one who needs to get a sense of humor cuz I was just playin wen I said that. And at least my team can get 2nd with gerrard and torres being out. And u think we're gonna get 4th? LOL I forgot....who got 4th this year...
                      wow you must be so proud knowing Liverpool got second this year. WELL DONE!

hmm when was the last time in this decade Liverpool won the EPL in the past 2 decades, lemme think, oh shit none? Last time was in 1989

in the past two decades: number of EPLS for liverpool: big fat 0
                      Arsenal: 4

buddy Liverpool tried so hard to win the EPL this season they fed up Carling Cup, FA Cup, and UCL way earlier than Arsenal of course (missing half of squad compared to 2 players lol) and they still couldn't win the EPL and came 2nd.
                      Last edited by Farhad-7; 08-04-2009, 09:02 AM.

Comment

wow you must be so proud knowing Liverpool got second this year. WELL DONE!

hmm when was the last time in this decade Liverpool won the EPL in the past 2 decades, lemme think, oh shit none? Last time was in 1989

in the past two decades: number of EPLS for liverpool: big fat 0
                        Arsenal: 4

buddy Liverpool tried so hard to win the EPL this season they fed up Carling Cup, FA Cup, and UCL way earlier than Arsenal of course (missing half of squad compared to 2 players lol) and they still couldn't win the EPL and came 2nd.
                        hahaha did you not just say urself that last year doesnt matter? SO why should the year before that or the year before that count?! Oh, i get it, only the years that liverpool owned ur ass dont count, but all the other ones do...wow...
                        But since u wanna talk about history...
                        in the past fifty years number of Champions leagues won.
                        Liverpool: 5
                        Arsenal:a big fat goose egg 0!
                        and i hope u agree that Champions league > Premier league
                        sigpic

Comment

hahaha did you not just say urself that last year doesnt matter? SO why should the year before that or the year before that count?! Oh, i get it, only the years that liverpool owned ur ass dont count, but all the other ones do...wow...
                          But since u wanna talk about history...
                          in the past fifty years number of Champions leagues won.
                          Liverpool: 5
                          Arsenal:a big fat goose egg 0!
                          and i hope u agree that Champions league > Premier league
                          baba it seems you misunderstood my point. Liverpool is a club that can concentrate on one cup and **** everything else while other great clubs like Man Utd and Arsenal don't screw every cup for something to make fans happy like in 2005 doing horrible in EPL getting 6th and winning champs league.

and dude well done to Liverpool for winning 5 european cups+champions league in 50 years lol. I actually don't ignore facts about EPL like you do.

but you gotta admit champs league is different from EPL. not winning the EPL in 2 decades is a bit of joke being apart of top 4 in EPL

even Liverpool fan friends I have are starting to get impatient without an EPL trophy for that many years

Comment

baba it seems you misunderstood my point. Liverpool is a club that can concentrate on one cup and **** everything else while other great clubs like Man Utd and Arsenal don't screw every cup for something to make fans happy like in 2005 doing horrible in EPL getting 6th and winning champs league.

and dude well done to Liverpool for winning 5 european cups+champions league in 50 years lol. I actually don't ignore facts about EPL like you do.

but you gotta admit champs league is different from EPL. not winning the EPL in 2 decades is a bit of joke being apart of top 4 in EPL

even Liverpool fan friends I have are starting to get impatient without an EPL trophy for that many years
                            now i know everyones gonna be like "well uve been saying that for 20 years!" but i really think we could win it this year. If we win the small games and play hard against Arsenal , chelsea man utd and maybe man city and aston villa, then we can do it IMO.
                            And yeah, we kinda did (in the past) concentrate on one cup, but we did great this year. (2nd in prem league and made it to the quarter finals of the cham. league.) But the FA cup carling cup and little stuff like that doesnt really matter.
                            sigpic

Comment

now i know everyones gonna be like "well uve been saying that for 20 years!" but i really think we could win it this year. If we win the small games and play hard against Arsenal , chelsea man utd and maybe man city and aston villa, then we can do it IMO.
                              And yeah, we kinda did (in the past) concentrate on one cup, but we did great this year. (2nd in prem league and made it to the quarter finals of the cham. league.) But the FA cup carling cup and little stuff like that doesnt really matter.
                              Carling Cup might not really be that important but FA Cup is the oldest cup in the world and most prestigious.

ok we will see if Liverpool can win it this year but I personally think losing Arbeloa and especially Alonso is going to be hard to cope with. Alonso IMO was one the best Liverpool players and always had his presence heard in every game working off his ass than most players. Aqualilani is OK but we will have to see how he settles down. You say it's unlikely but Barca are in need of another DM and who wouldn't want to go to Barcelona? We'll have to wait and see if he leaves. Since time left before transfer season ends.

It's not always about beating the big teams to win EPL, Liverpool beat Man Utd 4-1 but they didn't manage to win it after getting some draws with other clubs.

Good luck to Liverpool in their quest trying to win the EPL after 20 years (I mean it as a compliment)

Comment

Carling Cup might not really be that important but FA Cup is the oldest cup in the world and most prestigious.
                                ok we will see if Liverpool can win it this year but I personally think losing Arbeloa and especially Alonso is going to be hard to cope with. Alonso IMO was one the best Liverpool players and always had his presence heard in every game working off his ass than most players. Aqualilani is OK but we will have to see how he settles down. You say it's unlikely but Barca are in need of another DM and who wouldn't want to go to Barcelona? We'll have to wait and see if he leaves. Since time left before transfer season ends.
                                It's not always about beating the big teams to win EPL, Liverpool beat Man Utd 4-1 but they didn't manage to win it after getting some draws with other clubs.
                                Good luck to Liverpool in their quest trying to win the EPL after 20 years (I mean it as a compliment)
                                lol thanks for the "compliment" and rafa said hes not selling both def. mids...either alonso or mash and it looks like alonso
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X