The Arsenal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ridi-Q-Lus View Post
    and throw in decent center forward while you are at it.
    Chamakh and he is also signing someone else

Phillipe Mexes has been heavily linked to a move to Arsenal for 10 million, that should help the backline

Comment

Originally posted by The-Iron-Ghost View Post
      Okay,

Arsenal have a poor keeper/s, there back line is a solid back line but without depth.

Gael Clichy - He is a pacey and brilliant LB, French International
      Thomas Vermalen - easily top 3 CB's of the season
      William Gallas - Im sorry but he is still solid he knows how to organise his backs.
      Bacary Sagna - Is another solid RB, one of the best in the league, French International

But the problem for Arsenal is that when one of these players gets injuried especially in the CB's we have been relying on Sol and Silvestre. We need 2 solid established CB's in the team so we have depth.

Arsenal's Problem is mainly goal keeping and depth
      Didn't the same back four(except Gallas) play vs Barcelona, and get walked over...???

Please don't tell me they are solid

Sagna is France RB, he is good i admit. Clichy is no way good enough.. He is young, but he hasn't been good enough this year, and has lost the defensive ability and lacks positioning.. Plus, he is only in the French squad, Evra is the Left Back of France.
      I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Gael Clichy - He is a pacey and brilliant LB, French International
        that doesn't really mean all that much when he's the 3rd choice on france's lb lol. but yeah he is def amongs the worlds top 10 lb's, maybe even top 5

Comment

Originally posted by chuck bass View Post
          that doesn't really mean all that much when he's the 3rd choice on france's lb lol. but yeah he is def amongs the worlds top 10 lb's, maybe even top 5
          I think the above are better:

1 - Patrice Evra
          2 - Ashley Cole
          3 - Fabio Grosso
          4 - Eric Abidal

you can also add people who are right-footed, that can play LB, such as Lahm and Zanetti.
          I don't think Clichy is that good.
          I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

arsenal needs to buy one the serie A goal keepers for a cheap amount...they have some good keepers who havent made a name yet...like marchetti and de sanctis or even storari

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
              Didn't the same back four(except Gallas) play vs Barcelona, and get walked over...???
              Please don't tell me they are solid
              Sagna is France RB, he is good i admit. Clichy is no way good enough.. He is young, but he hasn't been good enough this year, and has lost the defensive ability and lacks positioning.. Plus, he is only in the French squad, Evra is the Left Back of France.
              No they had Sol and Silvestre in the CB, and if you look at the goals you will notice that Silvstre was the reason we conceded 3 of them, and if you had watched the first game you would know that Messi was no where to be scene because Clichy's pass kept him out, last season in game one vs Man Utd it was Clichy that kept Ronaldo out of the game. It is his consisting movement and pass that create chances for Arsenal.

Seriously don't comment when you don't watch games, as a fan who watches all Arsenal matches i can tell you the problem is depth in defense and a goal keeper.

Comment

dude you have to admit that clichy had a poor season. And i'm sorry but for a team that's trying to finish first, Gallas and Vermalen don't cut it. Sagna is solid though, and Clichy when his head is in the game is a great LB, but out central defense is not what it needs to be. We need CB's with high football IQ's who can play the ball out from the back and who can keep the defense organized.

Comment

No they had Sol and Silvestre in the CB, and if you look at the goals you will notice that Silvstre was the reason we conceded 3 of them, and if you had watched the first game you would know that Messi was no where to be scene because Clichy's pass kept him out, last season in game one vs Man Utd it was Clichy that kept Ronaldo out of the game. It is his consisting movement and pass that create chances for Arsenal.
                  Seriously don't comment when you don't watch games, as a fan who watches all Arsenal matches i can tell you the problem is depth in defense and a goal keeper.
                  lool..

Your telling me that Clichy kept Ronaldo quiet, I'm presuming your talking about the Champions League.. I'm sure it was Gibbs that played vs Ronaldo (home and away). If your talking about the league, then I don't recall Clichy doing thaat much.

I feel sorry for you, if you think your only problem in defence is 'depth'.

Comment

I think the above are better:
                    1 - Patrice Evra
                    2 - Ashley Cole
                    3 - Fabio Grosso
                    4 - Eric Abidal
                    you can also add people who are right-footed, that can play LB, such as Lahm and Zanetti.
                    I don't think Clichy is that good.
                    Grosso isn't better (LOL btw), the rest are.

Comment

lool..

Your telling me that Clichy kept Ronaldo quiet, I'm presuming your talking about the Champions League.. I'm sure it was Gibbs that played vs Ronaldo (home and away). If your talking about the league, then I don't recall Clichy doing thaat much.

I feel sorry for you, if you think your only problem in defence is 'depth'.
                      you feel sorry for me because i watch 99% of Arsenal Games and you dont, but yet you can identify what there problems are?

Mate i feel sorry for you lol

I was not referring to champions league or else i would have said champions league.

Comment

well it looks like gallas isnt going to renew his contract and wenger has already said on the official site that he wants a new defender before wc ends. We have been linked to mertersaker. I hope we get a new keeper too and i hope its not lloris.

Comment

not an impressive start to the season, i dont think Almunia did a bad job...did better then Reina lol

Whats your thoughts lads for this season with else, what do you think we need to adjust to have a more sucessful season?

Comment

We need to give Nasri more of a role in midfield, especially if Arshavin is going to keep playing like this (i don't remember the last time he had a good game). With Cesc and Song back, we'll be able to push Diaby up a bit (his attacking abilities are underrated) which will make a big difference offensively.

I really like what i've seen of Chamakh so far, and the same can be said about ***. Our defense still looks sloppy at times though. I hope that our center backs stay healthy though.

And as far as Almunia goes, he did alright, but he was partially at fault for that goal. He was WAYYYYY out of position there.

Comment

6-0 good result, Squllaci looks to be heading our way, all we need is a keeper....a world class one, not aged Given or Schwazer

Comment

3 - 0 over City, could have been 4 if Cesc netted from the spot....

what kills me more is Mancini's post match interview

Comment

Working...
                                X