No announcement yet.

The Arsenal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My prediction is that Wenger will get rid of half the squad during the summer and get new player !!
    sigpic

Comment

It's a shame that Arsenal never get rewarded for the beautiful football that thye play...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
        My thoughts are..

Typical Arsenal season.. So much expectations, but really never deliver.

Whats your worst moment?

1- 2-0 up home vs ur local rivals, but losing it 2-3?
        2- losing 1-0 to a 'rugby' team (ipswich) at carling cup (semi final first leg)
        3- 4-0 up vs newcastle, but messing it up and ends 4-4
        4- not having a shot on target vs barca (2nd leg)
        5- losing in the carling cup final vs birmingham.
        6- losing to two new promoted teams at HOME in league (lost to newcastle and WBA)
        They were the ones that killed us this year.

As much as a i like Eden Hazard i think he is to small to play out wide for us, we need some strong players like Hulk (Porto) to sit on the wing without being bullied by English defenders, we need to replace Bendtner with a some like Falcao (Porto) he is a poacher/finisher as we lack a lot of depth upfront when RVP is injured (which is frequently). We need a big experienced CB to add to the depth in the back, with TV back next season and the experience Laurent & Johan picked up this season i dont think its to critical we splash out for a big name defender.

Comment

where exactly are arsenal heading to? denilson and bendtner have come out and said that they want to leave the club because of a lack of success. now, i know both these players were not important for arsenal, but if the fringe players are not happy, surely the same thought would have crossed the mind of the senior players as well. the future of nasri and fabregas is unclear. the team just lack the mentality to win. there is no other way that they could actually finish 4th in the league in spite of being just two points behind us with a game in hand in january/february.

it was shocking to watch how their entire season imploded once they lost the carling cup. they dont seem to be able to bounce back from losses. wenger must surely take some blame for this. he has been quoted as saying that he thinks coming second or third is a success as long as they play well.(pity they came fourth).. that is not very encouraging if you are an arsenal supporter or a player.

did the loss in the carling cup affect them in a deeper way? do the players not believe in the manager anymore? do you think they will finish in the top 4 next season or do you think they need a change?
          I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

guess what fellow gooners? I'm going to watch Arsenal live at an actual stadium for my first time. The team is coming on 13 July to take on Malaysia. I just got my ticket and I'm so excited

I'll try to take many pics and post them when I go.

Liverpool and Chelsea are playing Malaysia here also after Arsenal.

Comment

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/englan...-team-arsenals

Gervinho played for only the first 29mins (due to minor injury)
              BUT he scored 2 goals on his debut. Welcome to Arsenal gervinho!

Also new youngster defender, Jenkinson scored a crazy own goal
              Last edited by Farhad-7; 07-24-2011, 09:32 AM.

Comment

http://www.arsenal.com/media-watch

KEEP UP WITH ARSENAL RUMORS/BIDS HERE. (quite reliable)

Comment

haha. Jenkinson wow.

Comment

Bumping thread ahead of tomarow game against united.
                    match thread: http://persianfootball.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97497
                    I'll be honest, things are not looking promising ahead of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by soniq View Post
                      Bumping thread ahead of tomarow game against united.
                      match thread: http://persianfootball.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97497
                      I'll be honest, things are not looking promising ahead of the game.
                      lol yeah.
                      Arsenal will sign Park Chu Young by tomorrow. He's decent back up I guess and has the experience.

Arsenal are also trying to get a DM and CB by the end of transfer season. Wenger just made an improved 12million bid for Gary Cahill. Hope that works out.

Comment

Hey guys I have a strong feeling we're gonna win this game 6-4
                        Jenkinson is gonna score the rest of our goals after half time

Comment

Originally posted by soniq View Post
                          Hey guys I have a strong feeling we're gonna win this game 6-4
                          Jenkinson is gonna score the rest of our goals after half time
                          hahaha

Comment

Santos and Mertesacker signing:
                            http://persianfootball.com/forums/sh...&postcount=122

Comment

^

Looks like we may get Arteta or Benayoun also...

I'm slightly worried about the quality of these signings. Although in Arsenal's present state, they do present an improvement.

Comment

Working...
                              X