No announcement yet.

The Arsenal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a bad game, boring first half, good second half.
    after we fell behind 1-0 we attacked like crazy and finally Toure got a header through to make it 1-1.

i give arsenal a 6.5/10 couldda done better

Comment

Julio Baptista, scorer of both Arsenal goals in the first leg, has been ruled out with the groin injury he picked up in the latter stages of the 1-1 draw with Bolton on Sunday. However Gilberto will start after completing a three-match ban for his red card at Blackburn on January 13.
      Despite recalling the 30-year-old World Cup winner, Wenger has vowed to stick with the formula that saw his side come from behind to draw 2-2 in the opening rubber.
      “It will be a young side and an experienced bench,” he told Arsenal.com. “So it will be pretty similar to what happened at White Hart Lane.
      “Julio Baptista will be absent for this game. It is a big regret for me because he has led the team recently with a huge spirit. His mental strength was obvious in the game at Tottenham because he scored an own goal then he put two in the net at the other end. That is always the best answer you can give.
      “I think he will miss the Tottenham game and the Middlesbrough game. But I hope he will be back after that. Gilberto is available again and will play.”

Comment

Arsenal Midbrough on right now, first half finished 0-0.
        Boring game so far, not alot of good passing going on by either sides and lack of good finishing prevented goals.

Comment

Originally posted by soniq
          Arsenal Midbrough on right now, first half finished 0-0.
          Boring game so far, not alot of good passing going on by either sides and lack of good finishing prevented goals.
          very boring. so many mistakes too i dunno why players dont use their brain instead of passing the ball to the opponent. makes me mad lol.

Comment

Game over, Mid's goal was a penalty, as a result sendros got a red card and mid'l made it 1-0. around 77th minute a header pass by adebayor reached henry and he easily scored.
            final score 1-1
            my comments: Henry has some nice dance moves with adebayor

Comment

Arsenal Vs. Bolton, 15:05 ET, word is that ando is starting
              Arsenal has always had problems with Bolton
              Can arsenal manage to pass bolton?
              Can ando score a beauty against arsenal?
              Will arsenal move all the way upto the FA cup final?

.....stay tuned

Comment

1-0 for bolton
                1-1
                missed penalty by arsenal
                2-1 for arsenal
                missed penalty by arsenal
                3-1 for arsenal

many more missed chances
                ando had a great shot on goal.....
                good game............(although i slept on half time and missed the whole second half i was tired gunner fellas, sorry to let u down) but from what i saw from first half and extra time, it was amazing

Comment

Denilson is absolutely brilliant. The guy is ridiculously intelligent on and off the ball. He's absolutely better than Diaby and Flamini, possibly conbined. Him and Cesc are the future of Arsenal's midfield.

Comment

Congrats once again to my Arsenal brothers.
                    Although Henry is really missed when it comes to penalties. However im glad to see a great player like Denilso is making his way up. He will be the perfect replacement for Gilberto when his time is up.

Comment

Originally posted by babak_australia
                      Congrats once again to my Arsenal brothers.
                      Although Henry is really missed when it comes to penalties. However im glad to see a great player like Denilso is making his way up. He will be the perfect replacement for Gilberto when his time is up.
                      Must I tell you again? AND SISTER!

Despite missing 2 penalties and a 100%, we still won 3-1. Just goes to show how damn good we are Although we really do need to work on penalties!

And you all have me to thank Arsenal hasn't lost a game since I became a fan.. Muhahah

Comment

Originally posted by Tala

Must I tell you again? AND SISTER!
                        Despite missing 2 penalties and a 100%, we still won 3-1. Just goes to show how damn good we are Although we really do need to work on penalties!
                        And you all have me to thank Arsenal hasn't lost a game since I became a fan.. Muhahah
                        Sharmade Tala jan, hey faramoosh mikonam.
                        And yes we are DAMN good. How long have u been a fan of Arsenal ?? And who did u follow before us

Comment

Sharmade Tala jan, hey faramoosh mikonam.
                          And yes we are DAMN good. How long have u been a fan of Arsenal ?? And who did u follow before us
                          You besta not forget it next time

Hahah.. well.. look at it this way. I knew absolutely nothing about football [well, that's a lie, I still played REP level] before the WC. As in, I didn't know who the hell Karimi was, if Arsenal was a football team or a cookie brand, etc etc.
                          So basically, before this season, I was a bit [more] of a dumbass [than a I am now]
                          While being like that, I was forced to choose teams. Naturally, I picked a team with big names after the WC, namely Chelsea.
                          I mean, I didn't know who the hell Toure or Clichy or Hleb was, but Shevchenko, Drogba, Ballack, Robben, etc etc.. was a different story.

Then I watched the Bolton-Arsenal game [which we lost 3-1] because I'd made a fun [no money] bet on it. Which is when I fell in love with the way Arsenal played, despite their loss.

Next game I watched - Arsenal-Chelsea - I was a Gunner.

THE END

Actually, saying we haven't lost a game since I became a fan is a lie; we haven't lost a game I've WATCHED as a Gunner fan
                          [Like in the Wigan game, we scored twice as soon as I started watching ]

Comment

I promise i wont forget.

I have loved Arsenal for prob 12-13 years now. They have always IMO been the best team to watch. With Wenger they have always been the most entertaining team in the world i think. They may not have won it all but at least they always entertain.

Wenger managed to do all he has done and prob spent a tenth of what Chel, Man or Liv have spent.

Comment

I promise i wont forget.

I have loved Arsenal for prob 12-13 years now. They have always IMO been the best team to watch. With Wenger they have always been the most entertaining team in the world i think. They may not have won it all but at least they always entertain.

Wenger managed to do all he has done and prob spent a tenth of what Ars, Man or Liv have spent.

Amazing. How old are you?
                              Arsenal truly is an incredible team; I'm surprised they're not getting better results!

Simply amazing.

Comment

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/6472440
                                We can dream cant we!!!
                                ----kaabi--sheys--nosrati--sadeghi---
                                ----------nekounam--teymourian
                                ---- --------- shojaei--
                                ------badamaki----charmahali----oladi-----

Comment

Working...
                                X