UEFA anounces 12 nominees for Eufa club Footballer of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UEFA anounces 12 nominees for Eufa club Footballer of the Year

Twelve top stars form the list of nominees for the UEFA Club Football Awards, which will be presented during the UEFA Champions League group stage draw to be held in Monaco on Thursday 24 August at 18.00CET.

Brilliant displays
    The list was announced by UEFA on Monday, and features players who set the UEFA Champions League alight with their brilliant and consistent displays last season. There are four award categories: UEFA Club Goalkeeper, Club Defender, Club Midfielder and Club Forward of the Year.

Voting panel
    The newly-established voting procedure gives a selected number of experts, consisting of the coaches of the 16 teams that reached the knockout phase of the 2005/06 UEFA Champions League, and the members of the UEFA Technical Study Group the possibility to cast their votes.

The short list of nominees is as follows:

UEFA Club Goalkeeper of the Year:UEFA Club Defender of the Year:UEFA Club Midfielder of the Year:UEFA Club Forward of the Year:
    Samuel Eto'o (FC Barcelona)
    Thierry Henry (Arsenal FC)
    Ronaldinho (FC Barcelona)

Club Footballer award
    The UEFA Club Footballer of the Year 2006 - formerly known as the Most Valuable Player - is elected by the 16 coaches only, from the above pool of 12 nominees.

Most Valuable Player award
    The Most Valuable Player of the 2005/06 UEFA Cup will be given an award during the UEFA Cup draw to take place in Monaco on 25 August at 13.00CET. For this accolade, only the eight coaches of last season's UEFA Cup quarter-finalists give their vote. Four nominees are in contention: Daniel Alves (Sevilla FC), Enzo Maresca (Sevilla FC), Javier Saviola (Sevilla FC) and Mark Viduka (Middlesbrough FC).

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/Keytopics/k...Id=444749.html

CANNAVARO the Great!

check out my sig. to see why, he is not human!

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN_GANGSTA
      CANNAVARO the Great!
      check out my sig. to see why, he is not human!

Last edited by MoJo23; 08-15-2006, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Comment

If this has to do with "clubs", then i'll have to go with Ronaldinho in all categories that he can win.

he is without a doubt the most important player to his club.
          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

If it is club then it should be:
            Lehamnn (10 clean sheets for Arsenal in CL)
            Puyol(I know Cannavaro is better but he is the capn of the winning team in CL)
            Riquelme
            Henry <----Just being biased. hehehe. It will be Ronnie

Best player: Ronnie

Comment

Let me tell you, Eboue is amazing.

Comment

the selection for midfield is horrible. Riquelme is the most overrated player ever. It should be ballack.

Comment

Originally posted by nyc3469
                  the selection for midfield is horrible. Riquelme is the most overrated player ever. It should be ballack.
                  HMMMMM, did u watch the CL brother. he got them to the Semis man. He has an amazing footballing brain. I agree wen some say he slows down the game but the way he can turn a game in in instant is simply amazing.

Also man, Ballack didnt do much to me, players like Cesc, Vieira, Pirlo, Lampard, Essien did much better then Ballack in my eyes.

P.S Iranian soccer fan you are 100% rite, EBOUE IS AMAZING, yet again Wenger just doesnt surprise by givinh a youngster a game and the youngter getting instant world recognition.

Comment

Originally posted by babak_australia
                    HMMMMM, did u watch the CL brother. he got them to the Semis man. He has an amazing footballing brain. I agree wen some say he slows down the game but the way he can turn a game in in instant is simply amazing.

Also man, Ballack didnt do much to me, players like Cesc, Vieira, Pirlo, Lampard, Essien did much better then Ballack in my eyes.

P.S Iranian soccer fan you are 100% rite, EBOUE IS AMAZING, yet again Wenger just doesnt surprise by givinh a youngster a game and the youngter getting instant world recognition.
                    PIIIRLO HOLY SHIT i forgot him, he deserves it too. As a matter of fact all those players that you mentioned other than lampard i feel deserves it more than the 3 nominees

Comment

Persoanlly i think Riquelme deserves to be there simply cause he took his team to the CL semis. Im not saying he is better then the others but this award is based on this season in which he was definitely a stand out.

I would have liked to see CESC there becasue i think he was a stand out in Europe this year, repalcing Patrick Vieira the way he has.

Comment

I think the gunners may just take all three this year. No contest among goal keepers. Puyol was ok and cannavero got raped by arsenal so eboue may take that. I think this is henry's year cuz he was the lone man in a very young lineup this year.
                        ----kaabi--sheys--nosrati--sadeghi---
                        ----------nekounam--teymourian
                        ---- --------- shojaei--
                        ------badamaki----charmahali----oladi-----

Comment

Originally posted by ali_asghar
                          I think the gunners may just take all three this year. No contest among goal keepers. Puyol was ok and cannavero got raped by arsenal so eboue may take that. I think this is henry's year cuz he was the lone man in a very young lineup this year.
                          You are a champion bro.

Well spoken.

And what makes it worse is that i feel CESC should have been there.

Comment

Originally posted by babak_australia
                            You are a champion bro.

Well spoken.

And what makes it worse is that i feel CESC should have been there.
                            No doubt man but Cesc will certainly take a lot these as the years come.
                            ----kaabi--sheys--nosrati--sadeghi---
                            ----------nekounam--teymourian
                            ---- --------- shojaei--
                            ------badamaki----charmahali----oladi-----

Comment

It's not a general thing...it's about the most valuable player of last year for their clubs.

Then these were the ones:

Lehmann - broke the record of minutes of keeping a clean sheet in the CL.

Puyol - Barca won both La Liga and the CL, with him being the general in the back (even tho I admire Cannavaro).

Riquelme - if it wasn't for his presence, Villareal would've never reached the semi's in their first year of playing CL.

Forwards is a tough one...but I gotta go for Ronaldinho...he was very influental in a lot of crucial/important matches.
                              Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Working...
                              X