Had to post this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to post this!

Although nothing to do directly with TM, a very unfortunate (but definitely bizarre) story.

Note to TM: DO NOT get into the shower at any stadium (especially Maracana), until you're satisfied with the temperature of the water that is coming out of the faucet!!!

Botafogo goalkeeper Lopes sidelined by shower injury

RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug 15 (Reuters) - Botafogo goalkeeper Lopes has been sidelined for at least a month after being scalded in the showers at the Maracana stadium.

Lopes said the players had gone to have showers following Sunday's game against Palmeiras but could not get the hot water to work.

"Suddenly, a jet of boiling water came directly at my face and I couldn't get out of the way," he told the club's official Web site.

Team doctor Marcio Cunha said the player suffered second-degree burns and would have to avoid exposure to the sun for 30 to 40 days.

Lopes said he had authorised Botafogo to take legal action against the Rio de Janeiro state government which owns the stadium.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slu...ters&type=lgns

if something has nothing to do with persian football, you can make the thread in the general sports forum
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

ouch!

Comment

Must have been a water geyser at full blast.
        sigpic

Comment

hehe....kinda funny

Comment

second degree burns ?? i didnt think that would be possible!
            sigpicPrepare For Glory!

Comment

Working...
            X