Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norway - Brazil [R] Norway the only team that does well against Brazil

Brazil have never beaten Norway!

OSLO, Aug 16 (Reuters) - Norway extended their unbeaten record against Brazil to four matches when they held the five times world champions 1-1 on former captain Dunga's debut as coach on Wednesday.

An inspired Norway side opened the scoring in the 51st minute with Morten Gamst Pedersen's free kick from 25 metres unexpectedly bouncing past a clutch of players and looping into the top far corner of the goal.

Brazil, playing for the first time since their defeat by France in the World Cup quarter-finals, fought back with striker Carvalho firing a hard, low shot inside the near post from 15 metres after a brilliant display of passing in Norway's box.

The Brazilians, fielding an experimental team without Ronaldinho, Kaka or Ronaldo, started slowly and looked vulnerable to counter-attacks until they began to dominate late in the game.

They had several more opportunities to win against a team they have never beaten in four attempts but could not get past Charlton Athletic goalkeeper Thomas Myhre, who made some fine saves.

PFDC 10 Years & Counting
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
    For some nice Lounge & Chillout head to -->http://www.youtube.com/user/mkbf86

why did i click here? I wanted to watch tonight on goal tv

Comment

yea WC 98 was awsome
      ABED1ZADEH -KAR8IMI -BAG6HERI Forever

Comment

you forget brazil's other weak point is france
        they have not had a single good match against the french in my memory
        its been like a curse to them
        i still could not believe they were not one of the last 4 teams in the finals !!
        sigpicPrepare For Glory!

Comment

Working...
        X