Inter-Roma Italian Super Cup [Results]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inter-Roma Italian Super Cup [Results]

A comeback for the ages, my 2 favourite teams, who actually play the game fairly. If only I could've watched this game.

Looks like those signings really paid off for Mancini. Serie A is Inters for the taking.

Patrick Vieira scored twice for Internazionale as The Nerazzurri completed a thrilling 4-3 win over Roma in the Italian Super Cup.

Roberto Mancini's side found themselves 3-0 down in the first half, before drawing level to take the game into extra time.

A Luis Figo strike then handed them the first silverware of the Italian season, as they defeated a stunned Giallorossi.

Roma raced into a formidable lead inside 34 minutes, as Mancini's opening goal and a brace from Alberto Aquiliani gave Luciano Spalletti's side a firm grip on the tie.

However Inter, who won the Coppa Italia last season as well as being awarded the league title after match-fixing punishments handed out to Juventus and Milan, showed fantastic spirit to fight back and Vieira kick-started the resurgence a minute before the break.

The French midfielder, who moved to the Nerazzurri from demoted Juve, then grabbed his second after on-loan Chelsea striker Hernan Crespo had also netted whilst back in an Inter shirt.

With Roma in disarray, it was left to Portuguese hero Figo to seal the win with a free-kick after 95 minutes, whilst Roma's misery was compounded when Cristian Chivu was dismissed with ten minutes to go.
    http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...+Inter+cup+win
    STADIO OLIMPICO, 8 FEBRUARY 2004
    A.S. ROMA 4-0 F.C. JUVENTUS

WOW !!! A comeback win is awesome.

FORZA INTER
    sigpic

Comment

i can probably find a download link for the game if anybody interested PM me

Comment

Working...
      X