Arsenal & Chelsea Make Deal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsenal & Chelsea Make Deal!

Glad it's over. Chelsea improve and now have the 2 best English LB's. And Arsenal get a very versatile defender in Gallas. I think he'd play great beside Toure, they need him in the centre more than on the side backs. Too bad it wasn't made earlier so Arsenal could spend that 5million pounds on another signing.
    STADIO OLIMPICO, 8 FEBRUARY 2004
    A.S. ROMA 4-0 F.C. JUVENTUS

I must say I think Ashley Cole is grossly over-rated, I'm glad he left Arsenal. When he first started to play for Arsenal in the premiership he had this boundless energy and vibrance, always running up the field at every opportunity and ATTACKING and SCORING GOALS. These days, he stays firmly in his own half and doesn't attack anything like the way he used to. He has had some very disappointing games for Arsenal and made quite a few defensive mistakes.

In short, his performances have declined since the start of his career and you get the feeling Chelsea only really want him because he is English.

Comment

Good move for Chelsea, Woo

Comment

Most ppl rate this a sucess for Arsenal and being an Arsenal fan i have to agree. Firstly Ashley didnt want to be at Arsenal so u cant hold him there.
        Secondly i need to say that i think Gallas will be playing left as Arsenal has Djourou and Toure who are doing well together and wen senderos comes back he will replace Dhourou.

Good luck to my boys and i hope these two new signing will help us gain confidence and be the team we always have been in the past.

Comment

I think Chelsea got the better deal. Both clubs had 2 let go of their respective defenceman. Gallas is 29, he's aging still very good, but he has maybe 3-4 top years left in him. Cole is 25 and is the best LB in England, possibly the best LB in EPL. Swap an unsettled player and 5mill for Cole, quite the deal. Both parties benefit but I think in the long run Coles career will overshadow Gallas'.

I think you're right Babak, Gallas will probably play on the left. I was hoping they had some young talent at LB to keep him in the centre...and I think Clichy is injured.
          STADIO OLIMPICO, 8 FEBRUARY 2004
          A.S. ROMA 4-0 F.C. JUVENTUS

Comment

man i was a big fan of gallas. sad to see him leave. like Sraosa said, ashley cole is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Muradistan
              I think you're right Babak, Gallas will probably play on the left. I was hoping they had some young talent at LB to keep him in the centre...and I think Clichy is injured.
              I think whoever plays is better then Hoyte, that kid has been the reason Arsenal has played so shit. He is the target area for the opposition.
              But now with.........

------------Lehmann---------------
              Eboue---Toure----Senderos---Gallas
              Hleb----Fabregas-Baptista---Rocisky
              --------Van Persie--Henry----------
              All of a sudden Arsenal is looking a differnt team and much better if i may add. Baptista will be a great threat in midfield.

Comment

Working...
              X