Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henry Set To Miss United Clash

Henry Set To Miss United Clash

Arsenal captain Thierry Henry is rated at only "10-15 per cent" to face Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday.

The France striker missed the midweek Champions League trip to Hamburg with a foot injury which was sustained during recent international duty.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said: "On Sunday, there is just a little chance he will play - 10 or 15 per cent. I will not put him on the bench."

Forward Robin van Persie is also a major doubt and will have a scan on his injured hip.

But defender Kolo Toure is expected to play despite hobbling off against the Germans with a similar problem.

Goal-scoring midfielder Tomas Rosicky is pressing to keep his place in the starting XI, although Freddie Ljungberg was rested in midweek and could return.

Theo Walcott and recent signing Julio Baptista are also available.

Philippe Senderos (shoulder), Gael Clichy (foot), Lauren (knee) and Abou Diaby (ankle) are all around four to six weeks away from a return.

Cristiano Ronaldo will return to the United starting line-up as they look to extend their winning start to the Barclays Premiership season.

Ronaldo sat out the midweek Champions League triumph over Celtic through suspension but with Ryan Giggs ruled out for a month with a hamstring strain, the Portugal winger will be offered an immediate recall.

Source

Arsenal played great without henry against hamburg, its time to show the world arsenal isnt a one man team.

Comment

hope abedayor will play

Comment

Doesnt matter Man United will OWN them anyways But I would like to see Baptista get a shot next to Van Persie...or Adebayor is good also.

Delam mikhad be Esfahan bargardam...
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFI6ao7LY8

Comment

if i may ask what is the point of your arsenal thread? Isnt it for posts like these? Step yo game up soniq...

and amir, i agree, i would love to see baptista play. He could get a chance.

Comment

i have never thought that Arsenal is a one man team, u dont win the EPL numerous times and also make the CL final with a one man team.

Henry is the best striker in the world IMO so naturally he is going to shine more then most players and naturally he is the player that will be the go to man.

I am looking forward to seeing Baptistan play however, i really hope he can make an impact.

I would also like to add this to my Arsenal brothers. I feel so secure with our defence now that we have Gallas, his experience is worth much more then his price.

Comment

Working...
            X