Chelsea - Barca...your thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chelsea - Barca...your thoughts

1-0 to Chelsea, they were pretty good but was really surprised at how poor Barcelona were.

Ronaldinho was awful, Deco was very wasteful in his passing and Chelsea's destructive players dominated.

The thing that surprised me more than anything was Rijkaard's poor substitutions.

Barca kept trying to go through the middle despite Chelsea having four central midfielders and then he took off their only striker in Gudjonsson and kept Ronaldinho on and from then on they lost their focal point. Also why he brought on Iniesta to supplement the similarly anonymous Edmilson I'll never understand.

What did y'all think?

we were alot better than them, we deserved to win. We weren't amazing but Barca were very very poor. Boulahrouz was class, pure class, he killed Ronaldinho throughout the game. I was at the stadium, fantastic atmosphere, not a very lively game though.
    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Boulahrouz, Essien, Drogba and Makalele controlled the game. Boulahrouz was amazing at the back. He stopped Ronaldinho all by himself. Im surpsrised. I didnt know boulahrouz was that good when they first bought him.
      I guess Mourinho know what he is doing.

Chelsea played safe and stabile and they deserved to win.

Comment

NO ETO'O

Comment

Pretty boring game, I expected fireworks with that much talent. But both coaches seemed to have the wrong formation. Lampard-Ballack-Essien with Makalele behind them made little sence to me. As the commentators said a few times, they had no width, and the balls down the middle were easily intecepted. I think Mourinho has to damage some of those players ego's for the sake of the team. Either Lampard or Ballack need to be benched, and Sheva if he doesn't start producing.

Barca line up was just as bad, poor Eidur had little support, 2 selfish players on the side of him(Messi-Ronaldinho). Next game will be great, Camp Nou usually is, and hopefully they line-ups are better fitted.
          STADIO OLIMPICO, 8 FEBRUARY 2004
          A.S. ROMA 4-0 F.C. JUVENTUS

Comment

sweet goal by drogba

Comment

Beautiful goal by Drogba, such a typical Drogba goal too, stopped the ball, turned and BOOOM in the lower corner, nothing VV could do about it.

And I think Eto'o missing was VERY BIG for Barca

Comment

Salar, seriously man, how many times a year do you go back and forth from england to iran? freakin hate you man; you are everywhere

Comment

Drogba has been playing REALLY well this season, wow he has really proved himself as one of the best in the world...RESPEK to Drogba!!!

Delam mikhad be Esfahan bargardam...
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFI6ao7LY8

Comment

Yeah, Boulahrouz played very well but I think by the same token Ronaldinho was terrible. It was obvious what he was going to try and do every time he got the ball and Boulahrouz just didn't dive in and stole the ball from him every time.

Comment

Boring game but expected, You dont expect fireworks when Chelsea and Murinhio are on one side of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34
                        NO ETO'O
                        end of story!

Comment

Originally posted by Salar
                          we were alot better than them, we deserved to win. We weren't amazing but Barca were very very poor. Boulahrouz was class, pure class, he killed Ronaldinho throughout the game. I was at the stadium, fantastic atmosphere, not a very lively game though.
                          chelsea play ugly football.
                          arsenal and liverpool are most intertainin salar
                          Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fan_londonuk
                            chelsea play ugly football.
                            arsenal and liverpool are most intertainin salar
                            Actually both Liverpool and Chelsea play ugly boring football
                            sigpic

Comment

Barca should have played Saviola with Gudjohnsen and benched Giuly, also Thuram should have played. Chelsea were very good but not great. Drogba was phenominal as was Bouhlarouz and Essien. Ashley Cole was sub-par as was Frank Lampard. However, it was great to see Hilario get the shutout.

Comment

Working...
                              X