Maradona to become Honduras coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maradona to become Honduras coach?

Argentina legend Diego Maradona has been invited to hold talks with the Honduras soccer federation about becoming national team coach. The federation is keen for Maradona to lead Honduras' charge to qualify for the 2010 World Cup.

"We'd like to know his intentions so we can analyse whether we are economically able to contract him," said federation president Rafael Leonardo Callejas. Maradona said: "Everything is possible if we shoot in the same direction."

The 1986 World Cup winner added: "I'm sure we could form a good team. I have spoken with many people who say this football team is good." The 45-year-old briefly coached Argentine provincial club Deportivo Mandiyu in 1994 and the more prestigious Racing Club the following year.

The last high-profile coach to be hired by the Central Americans was Bora Milutinovic, who resigned in 2004 after less than one year in charge, saying he was tired of criticism of his work and of comments that his wages were too high.

I don't think he has any coaching qualifications, does he? If not then simply by hiring a great footballer as a coach does not grant you success.

taha
    you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
    sigpic

Comment

i wont be surprised if the whole honduras team gets banned by FIFA for doping...
      Originally posted by siavasharian
      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia
        i wont be surprised if the whole honduras team gets banned by FIFA for doping...
        c'mon now respect

Comment

He was an AWFUL manager when he managed two Argentine clubs back in the mid 1990s, and I doubt he can make any difference at Honduras, other than getting all their money coz of his name value.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN
            c'mon now respect
            teami ke morabish teryaki bashe...
            ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
            بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia
              teami ke morabish teryaki bashe...
              Yea i agree...
              But most Taryaky coaches in football be turning out good coaches
              Jalal Talebiii....
              that niggaz lipz where az black as "zoghal"

Comment

hehehe..christoph daum also
                ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

all iranian coaches take crack exeption branko,branko i love u cum back to iran

Comment

I saw Maradona's brother coaching a Caribbean national team when they came to Canada for a friendly, they look really alike.

But He's bro is probably better and Maradona should stick to his tv shows and other publicity rather than coach.
                    The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
                    For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
                    http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
                    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
                    http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

Working...
                    X