Future of MLS???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future of MLS???

Major League Soccer will finish its 11th year tomorrow with a final between Houston and New England that is being played in a soccer specific stadium which is a big deal. The league will have 13 teams by next year, including a Toronto team. Two of the 12 teams (Galaxy and Dallas Burn) have finally started making a profit, the league finally got a decent TV contract, and all new teams are required to have plans to make their own soccer specific stadium which will enhance profits greatly.

I think the future of MLS is very bright and once the salaries go up, in 10 to 15 years MLS will be the equivalent of EPL, Serie A, La Liga, etc. What do you guys think?

that new soccer specific stadium you're talking about is beautiful. i think i'll make the trip to it tomrow if tickets arent sold out

Comment

Originally posted by IPityDaFool
      Major League Soccer will finish its 11th year tomorrow with a final between Houston and New England that is being played in a soccer specific stadium which is a big deal. The league will have 13 teams by next year, including a Toronto team. Two of the 12 teams (Galaxy and Dallas Burn) have finally started making a profit, the league finally got a decent TV contract, and all new teams are required to have plans to make their own soccer specific stadium which will enhance profits greatly.
      I think the future of MLS is very bright and once the salaries go up, in 10 to 15 years MLS will be the equivalent of EPL, Serie A, La Liga, etc. What do you guys think?
      I agree with you, soccer is rising rapidly in Americ and only trails really Football and Basketball, Baseball is still ahead but losing popularity and hockey is pretty much done.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryaan21
        I agree with you, soccer is rising rapidly in Americ and only trails really Football and Basketball, Baseball is still ahead but losing popularity and hockey is pretty much done.
        i would say overall currently sports in the US:

1. football
        2. basketball
        3. baseball
        4. hockey
        5. soccer

soccer will never be the top 2 but it CAN be the 3rd, it will just take lots of time.

Comment

i cant wait till Toronto FC starts in 07. its good having MLS north of the border.

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMMELLI#1
            i cant wait till Toronto FC starts in 07. its good having MLS north of the border.
            my turkish friends tryin out for them, he said if u make it u get a certain amount of money each week until u have age allegibilty to play

Comment

So Toronto FC is gonna be in the league next year?

Comment

So Toronto FC is gonna be in the league next year?
                yes... if you read the first post you would know.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJo23
                  yes... if you read the first post you would know.
                  Dude chill out, wat is with your attitude, calm down dont have a hissyfit.

Comment

guys dont expect toronto FC to do good next year, we will suck badly because it s our first year.

Comment

i doubt they will become a top 3 or 4 sport anytime in the next deacade or so but if they can continiue to exist beyond 12 years they might have some hopes...i myself looking forward to the soccer specific stadium they are suppose to built for the kc wizards in the next two years....but they already had a major set back in form of a tax ammendment which got defeated heavily by the local residence in nov. 7th...
                      i find the competion at the current leage very weak and i dont think they will ever become anything close to EPL, SERIE A OR SUCH...even in the next 20 years.( for a simple reason, not enough money from advertisement because of the 90 min. game with very few commercial breaks).....nevertheless i like the fact that at least they are around.

Comment

Next year in MLS it was just announced we will see the following:

-Games broadcast on ESPN and Spanish television.

-Significant raise in the salary cap.

-"Beckham Rule," each team can buy up to two players over the salary cap....which means Beckham, Ronaldo, and Figo can be coming to America.

Comment

anyone here trying out for Toronto FC?

there is a fee of $115 to try out, and u get a free t-shirt and a pair of tickets to one of the games.

Comment

When are the tryouts?

Comment

Dude chill out, wat is with your attitude, calm down dont have a hissyfit.
                              lol all he did was tell you that it said so in the first thread, he even had a smiley face at the end

Comment

Working...
                              X