The United thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good News About Ronaldo
    Winger Cristiano Ronaldo is expected to make an early return from injury for Manchester United's opening Champions League match against Villarreal.

Ronaldo, sidelined for two months after undergoing an ankle operation in July, was expected to be out until October.

But manager Sir Alex Ferguson said Ronaldo could feature on Wednesday, as well as against Chelsea next weekend.

"He's been making great strides in the direction towards first-team football," said the United boss.

Ferguson added: "Ronaldo is training now, he's with the first team and he's aiming to be a substitute at Chelsea on 21 September. He's come on leaps and bounds.

"I think we mentioned a couple of weeks ago he was making rapid progress in terms of overcoming the injury problem he had and the training he's been doing with the physios and Tony Strudwick the fitness coach."

United will be without midfielder Michael Carrick, who injured his right ankle midway through the first half of Saturday's 2-1 defeat by Liverpool, for the start of their European Cup defence.

The 28-year-old England international is expected to miss the Premier League clash against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, as is Nemanja Vidic after the defender was sent off at Anfield.
    Backing Daei since 1992, to this day.
    GazKhor

Comment

Ok. Pretty boy with the big dream is back. Ok.

My message to him: Amuse us.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post

there there, no need to be bitter about ronaldo's personal agenda

who can blame him for wanting to join the biggest club in the world?!!

i mean it is every players dream

Comment

Ok.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post
            there there, no need to be bitter about ronaldo's personal agenda

who can blame him for wanting to join the biggest club in the world?!!

i mean it is every players dream
            I agree. if you wanna be something in the History of football you gotta play for either Real, Barca or Milan or you have to win the world cup othewise you'll be just a player that has been.
            He'll go (trust me).
            ...............................................sigpic..........................................00000000 0000000000000000000000000..HOWAY THE LADS

Comment

Originally posted by roy View Post
              I agree. if you wanna be something in the History of football you gotta play for either Real, Barca or Milan or you have to win the world cup othewise you'll be just a player that has been.
              He'll go (trust me).
              you forgot to mention Newcastle.

Comment

Rather confrontational and war-mongering but here you go:

do you remember, 2-1 in anfield this september?

Comment

lol, someone sounds a little bitter

Comment

Originally posted by Daei_The_King View Post
                    Good News About Ronaldo
                    damn you are such a traitor. how did the 2-1 feel?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaebi View Post
                      lol, someone sounds a little bitter
                      crystiano will do eff all this season. there is no way he will score more than 20 goals in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
                        crystiano will do eff all this season. there is no way he will score more than 20 goals in the league.
                        that is the antithesis of reality. if crystiano as you say wants to make it to madrid he'll have to prove he aint a one hit wonder, while helping us retain our title.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Heesham1 View Post
                          that is the antithesis of reality. if crystiano as you say wants to make it to madrid he'll have to prove he aint a one hit wonder, while helping us retain our title.
                          as i said last season, there is no way he will repeat last seasons success.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
                            as i said last season, there is no way he will repeat last seasons success.
                            didn't lots of people say that after the 06/07 season too?
                            if so yeah he didn't repeat it, he doubled it

Comment

Carrick's out for 6 weeks with a broken bone in his foot he got against Liverpool. He is the man that makes our midfield tick and a passing trump card Well now is the time for Anderson to really prove his worth alongside Hargreaves and possibly Fletcher since Scholes is suspended for tonight.
                              sigpic

Comment

Wes Brown models Man U's new AIG-less kit:

Comment

Working...
                                X