The United thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
    rooney's goal looked perfectly legitimated to me and not offside at all.
    on the otherhand, berbatov's goal seemed offside!
    Both of Berbatov's goals had offside issues. The first one was the linesman's fault with Dimi just about offside, the second not really that much with Berbatov in an offside position when Ronaldo had just hit the freekick...so I dont think a real issue there.

Berba's a theif

The Rooney's first legit goal was actually ruled offside, so that probably counters the first goal. He was on fire yesterday.

I am sure that if Ronaldo had an amazing season for 2 years running, this time its Rooney's turn
    sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post

i had my doubts on berba but he's shown that he deserves to wear that sacred shirt!

Comment

Let the juices flow !!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Celtic 1-1 United

Shit first half performance, Celtic got a good goal. But 2nd half we absolutely tore those fat ugly drink irish-parasts apart and should have won by a few goals. What a shot from distance by Ronaldo to get a rebound for Giggs to score best Ronaldo performance so far this season, and in such a testing atmosphere at Parkhead, he was brilliant alongside his team mates esp. in 2nd half

But hey, at least we are still unbeaten.
            sigpic

Comment

Great game.
              LOL at Ronaldo kicking the Celtic player and not even getting a card

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli34 View Post
                Great game.
                LOL at Ronaldo kicking the Celtic player and not even getting a card
                stupid.
                sigpic

Comment

It really was.
                  But I am saying LOL at him not getting a red, that was the most blatent foul I have seen for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli34 View Post
                    It really was.
                    But I am saying LOL at him not getting a red, that was the most blatent foul I have seen for a while.
                    I was amazed at the Ronaldo played with some real gheyrat tonight and he was taking fouls (and some pretty wild lunges by those fugly Irish wannabees) and still running like George Best did in those clips on youtube - which bear in mind was an era where vicious tackling seldom meant trouble for defenders.

sigpic

Comment

so its time man utd fans admit, the blue jersey is sexier and the team looks much classier in them

Originally posted by siavasharian
                      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

so its time man utd fans admit, the blue jersey is sexier and the team looks much classier in them
                        as long as its away.

then again, United won the Cup for the first time in 1968 wearing blue.
                        sigpic

Comment

suprah...gone are the days of george best and gerd muller...
                          u reckon we will see such goal scoring machines anytime soon in football???

for some reason i dont...dunno why...
                          maybe cos football has become more of a teams game now and less individualistic?? and at the same time.... defensive football, defenders and the whole concept of team defense and individual defense has improved??

another reason could be that, players switch teams more often than before and are not that dedicated to a certain club anymore? specially strikers....
                          i can hardly think of any striker who is so dedicated to a single team in todays football...raul may be one of the few that comes to mind and maybe totti...

looking at the man utd squad...how many real dedicated man utd players do u see?? i have a feeling it will be hard for u guys to see more of players like scholes, neville and giggs... any real man utd players?? who is gonna be the next scholes or giggs for man utd?? for some reason, i can see only rooney, ferdinand and maybe fletcher or hargreaves playing long years in man utd....
                          Originally posted by siavasharian
                          ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                          بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

maybe cos football has become more of a teams game now and less individualistic?? and at the same time.... defensive football, defenders and the whole concept of team defense and individual defense has improved??

another reason could be that, players switch teams more often than before and are not that dedicated to a certain club anymore? specially strikers....
                            i can hardly think of any striker who is so dedicated to a single team in todays football...raul may be one of the few that comes to mind and maybe totti...

looking at the man utd squad...how many real dedicated man utd players do u see?? i have a feeling it will be hard for u guys to see more of players like scholes, neville and giggs... any real man utd players?? who is gonna be the next scholes or giggs for man utd?? for some reason, i can see only rooney, ferdinand and maybe fletcher or hargreaves playing long years in man utd....

Comment

That is true, the game has changed so much and team work and partnerships have a greater tendency to decide games than just some crazy goalscoring all the time.

Quite frankly if someone like Muller, Best, Puskas etc were to emulate these goals today then it would be a really bad shame towards the opponent defenders, and quite frankly it would have to be against lower league teams at which that could be consistently capable.

Its football in general that has changed, and has become a major industry today with all the money used.

I dont know, lets see what youths at United's academy can come up and step up to make a name for themselves. Some of the kids there are foreigners too who cant sign contracts until they turn 18. Fabio and Rafael, as well Rodrigo Possebon come in mind who were taken from their Brazilian club academies and drafted in to United's academt.
                              sigpic

Comment

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/kit...-how-its-done/

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X