The United thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
    Chelsea has too many players in the starting line-up in their 30s and going past their peak.
    We have a fairly young squad of starters (Giggs and Scholes arent that regular, and Neville is almost done) and they are learning each season while Chelsea's squad has already crossed their zenith.
    thats true but there are also very good players at a young age ex. Essien, A. cole, di santo (even though he isnt a starter), J. cole (injured now tho), Obi mikel, malouda, bosingwa, ivanovic, kalou, terry, alex

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
      ^
      Yeah probably Chelsea is the strongest team in world with Guus but they appoint him late and so no trophies so far.
      maybe only the FA cup.
      but since Barca got the treble and Man utd won 3 titles this season and both made the UCL final they are the top 2.
      perez..... bring the goose to madrid!

imagine guuslacticos! we will reign once again son.

Comment

Originally posted by radin119 View Post
        the people saying that united and barca are the best teams in the world are wrong, chelsea with guus is definitley better than united
        We can't judge on the results and Tactics only bro We have to see them playing against each other anything could happen ! If we Visualize It yes Definitely I could Say Chelsea have done a better performance Lately Than Manchester United , but I will not agree with that !
        sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Man. people were calling the Barcelona side under Rijkaard with Ronaldinho et al. as a great side that will dominate Europe for a many years after they won in 2006. They didnt win anything for 2 seasons after that.

Quite frankly I dont rate Rijkaard as a good coach despite his exploits, he only got the job because Johann Cruijff has too much influence in Barcelona board. Now Cruijff has left to be part of Ajax, and they made a relatively untested Guadriola as manager.

Barcelona are amazing, but not invincible. Look we played shit, we dont play like this and our players were shaken up after the first goal. If we had a bit more focus and a bit more grit, Barcelona would have had their toughest game in Rome. But we messed up, and Barcelona exploited well. Credit to them.

One really good season no doubt, but it will be a real test what they can emulate next season. Whatever happens, we will learn from this and get the tactics right enough to not only win our 19th league title (12th EPL title in 18 years) but also show we are good enough to win our 4th European Cup.

I am confident we will recover from this setback and be a better side.
            sigpic

Comment

^
              The team under Rijkard played very nice but most goals came from Ronaldinho or at least he created them. It was a one man show most of the time. Thats why when Ronaldinho was marked so well or had a bad day Barca struggled but Pep's dream team hands down is actually a TEAM of individuals each contributing to the success, each of them capable of creating a goal. Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Henry Etoo...
              I doubt this team will end up like Rijkard's team.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

^
                The team under Rijkard played very nice but most goals came from Ronaldinho or at least he created them. It was a one man show most of the time. Thats why when Ronaldinho was marked so well or had a bad day Barca struggled but Pep's dream team hands down is actually a TEAM of individuals each contributing to the success, each of them capable of creating a goal. Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Henry Etoo...
                I doubt this team will end up like Rijkard's team.
                That still didnt stop Ronaldinho to be amongst the top goalscorers in La Liga for Barcelona in those two barren seasons. Frankly, I feel Rijkaard's bubble had burst and people knew how to deal with his tactics.

To beat a team, one needs to understand their tactics first and then their players.
                sigpic

Comment

^
                  To beat Barca, teams first have to get the ball off Xavi and Iniesta

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

^
                    To beat Barca, teams first have to get the ball off Xavi and Iniesta
                    Exactly I see Messi as more of a deception tactic while the real danger men are these two pocket sized dynamite players
                    sigpic

Comment

to beat barca, you need to be real madrid with a president and no half team injuries. even next year it will be a bonus for us to win because we are starting from scratch while barca had same team for years. this year was supposed to be only our 2nd year with same team but injuries struck. oh well next year even with a new team with no practice we will silence barca... just like we did after last time they won champs league.

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
                        Chelsea has too many players in the starting line-up in their 30s and going past their peak.
                        We have a fairly young squad of starters (Giggs and Scholes arent that regular, and Neville is almost done) and they are learning each season while Chelsea's squad has already crossed their zenith.
                        true. maybe in 2 3 years, if chelsea keeps the same squad and so does man utd, man utd's midfield will become better, but not at the moment.

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                        I disagree! we as a team are fully capable of playing the "chelsea" style and defending with 10 men and dare i say we did that last yr against barca both legs where the team defended brilliantly and worked very hard.

On issue about the talented midfield of chelsea i would argue that only Lampard is better then anyone in the man utd midfield and as for Balack i honestly dont think hes all that anymore and i would even say Anderson is better right now, if you you had argued this a few yr ago u might have had a point but not now.
                        i think the combination of lampard, ballack, essien, mikel is much better than any combination of man utd midfielders given that giggs and scholes are not the same anymore.

chelsea's midfield is hard working and runs a lot, is intelligent and make good one touch passes, is physical and not easy to push over, have height and aerial advantage while at the same time, can take great shots on goal.
                        they also have a very good combination of experience, determination and inspiration.

that is a very talented midfield, and ur under rating ballack.
                        ballack covers a lot of distance more than anyone in man utd, including park (or gatusso for that matter). in every game he starts and finishes, he covers over 13km!!
                        he has great shots on him, can head the ball really well, has great leadership qualities and is very strong physically which gives him the advantage in one on one tackles. and he is very well experienced.

anderson is only faster than ballack and more technically skilled than him.
                        besides that, he is inferior to ballack in every way.

that being said, again, u have to compare the whole midfield of ballack with the whole midfield of man utd not just 1 or 2 players.

as for parking the bus infront of the goal like chelsea, chelsea could do it because they had a 2 legged game and in both games, the results were going their way. at nou camp, they got a 0-0 result and at stamford bridge, they took an early lead, defended well and relied on counters which they did well and in reality were mistreated by the referee...

man utd on the other hand had to play a 1 legged game and in that game, they succumbed to an early goal and didnt have the option to park the bus in front of their goal....
                        although i still believe man utd couldnt play the tactical game chelsea played that efficiently...
                        Last edited by yashar_fasihnia; 05-29-2009, 06:13 AM.
                        Originally posted by siavasharian
                        ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                        بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
                          to beat barca, you need to be real madrid with a president and no half team injuries. even next year it will be a bonus for us to win because we are starting from scratch while barca had same team for years. this year was supposed to be only our 2nd year with same team but injuries struck. oh well next year even with a new team with no practice we will silence barca... just like we did after last time they won champs league.
                          that already happened..the injury prone real knew how to handle barca better than the non injury prone real haha

Comment

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/fol...isappointment/

Amazing read.

Any United fan should read it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Suprah, go party in Islamabad

Comment

man utd should sign casillas. they need him more than old man van der sar

Comment

Working...
                                X