No announcement yet.

The United thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roma captain Francesco Totti is struggling to come to terms with his team's humiliating defeat at Manchester United on Tuesday night.

The Eternal City giants were swept away by Sir Alex Ferguson's team in a 7-1 defeat, knocking them out of the Champions League at the quarter-final stage in resounding fashion.

'It is the saddest night of my sporting career,' admitted Totti.

'I had never conceded seven goals in a Champions League match before. Each shot they took, they found the target.'

Having taken a 2-1 lead in the opening leg in Rome, few could have expected that the Italians would be defeated in such a manner.

Totti blamed his team's poor start as the reason behind their shocking defeat, with Roma 3-0 down after 10 minutes.

'We have conceded three goals in nine minutes,' continued Totti. 'We tried to react but in those conditions it was really difficult.'

The result was also a hammer blow for the 5000 Giallorossi fans that travelled with the team to Manchester.

'I have to thank our travelling fans,' said Totti. 'They showed a lot of heart by coming here to support us.

'Unfortunately, we have come across a better team.'

Totti had hoped to dominate the game, but was overshadowed by Manchester's Cristiano Ronaldo, who stole the limelight.

Ronaldo scored two goals and was a menace all night as grabbed two goals and continued to torment Roma as he hunted his hat-trick.

'Before the game I said that Cristiano Ronaldo is a great player,' said Totti.

'I hoped that we could have limit his play like we did in the opening game, but he has found every punch.'

The Italy World Cup winner is hoping that in the near future he will have a chance to avenge this loss.

'I would love to have another opportunity in the future to play another game like this one,' he said.

'But with a different result. I would really want to give something back to our fans.'
    Karimi 8 Gerrard
    th wonders of the world

Comment

Originally posted by taha
      i never liked roy keane, and i don't think i ever will, nothin but a thug and a lout
      , he is a twat (we all know it) even sunderland supporters ated him before (well, they hat everyone) and now just coz his tiking them back up they love him (even tho they know that he's wanks his dog).
      He was a twat to the iran players in the dublin game in 2001 (see the game), i'll never have respect for an eejit like him.
      ...............................................sigpic..........................................00000000 0000000000000000000000000..HOWAY THE LADS

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya
        Dear fellow Manchester United fans:
        What did the wise man Adesor Vafaseya told you before the game yesterday evening in this very thread?
        no comments!
        don't call me god, just adore my Moustache

Originally posted by roy
        , he is a twat (we all know it) even sunderland supporters ated him before (well, they hat everyone) and now just coz his tiking them back up they love him (even tho they know that he's wanks his dog).
        He was a twat to the iran players in the dublin game in 2001 (see the game), i'll never have respect for an eejit like him.

he's got that fighting Irish blood in him. Sure he becomes a maniac and a brute many times, but that shows his passion for the game and the team he represents. That's what makes a powerful leader. He's as inspiring as he is scaring to the team

truth be told...there is only one keano
        sigpic

Comment

congrads to ManU fans.
          Real bueatiful football was played by Perspolis_e Engilis and that must be respected.
          sigpic
          Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

this was the biggest win in europe for 39 yrs....yeeeeeeeeee
            you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by taha
              this was the biggest win in europe for 39 yrs....yeeeeeeeeee
              ahem....50 years...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The-Red
                congrads to ManU fans.
                Real bueatiful football was played by Perspolis_e Engilis and that must be respected.
                HOW DARE YOU!!
                Karimi 8 Gerrard
                th wonders of the world

Comment

United vs Roma
                  i Wonder what the score would be if these teams play on a neutral Pitch?

Full credit to united as they played superb but
                  Roma's goalkeeper was responsible for 4 of the 7 goals.

A better keeper would have saved them from a humilating defeat.

WELL SAID BY EKBATAN
                  That was the worst goal keeping I had seen from Italy.

I dont understand why they have a Brazilian keeper when italy is full of great goal keepers. Also the defense was terrible too, they gave too much space to Man U. You can't give space to english teams, thats the biggest no no.

Comment

GHERMEZZ????????????????????? WTF?

LIVERPOOL is the Persepolis of England! Liveprool own the title, "The Reds". Man U come after as "The Devils". Or "red devils" if you like. But NEVER mistake man u as " the reds"/

Liveprool are, always have been, always will be, THE MIGHTY REDS
                    Backing Daei since 1992, to this day.
                    GazKhor

Comment

^^ edit ur post... i'm being serious, thats very insulting on

Comment

Ok sorry to interrupt all this.. but I thought you might be interested:

Arsenal average age: 24
                        Liverpool average age: 25.1
                        Chelsea average age: 26
                        Man. Utd. average age: 26.1

Comment

Originally posted by Daei_The_King
                          GHERMEZZ????????????????????? WTF?
                          LIVERPOOL is the Persepolis of England! Liveprool own the title, "The Reds". Man U come after as "The Devils". Or "red devils" if you like. But NEVER mistake man u as " the reds"/
                          Liveprool are, always have been, always will be, THE MIGHTY REDS
                          actually its Nottingham Forest that first called themselves the Reds
                          sigpic

Comment

i hate MAN U with all my guts. for some reason, i just hate them.

Comment

^^same applies to u.. edit ur post

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMMELLI#1
                                i hate MAN U with all my guts. for some reason, i just hate them.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X