The United thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rooney hopes Tevez opts to stay

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney is confident Carlos Tevez will pledge his long-term future to the Old Trafford club.

The Argentina international has indicated he would be keen to stay on at United when his loan deal expires next year.

"I don't see why that shouldn't happen," said Rooney. "Carlos enjoys playing his football here.

"He's got his wife and child with him, who don't live too far away from me.

"He's a nice quiet lad who gets on with his job and he's enjoying his life."

In the space of 12 months Tevez has gone from saving West Ham from relegation to winning a Barclays Premier League title with United.

He has formed a good understanding with Rooney and the respect is mutual ahead of the Champions League final against Chelsea in Moscow on Wednesday.

"Carlos is a great player and works really hard for the team. I had no doubts at all we could play together," said the England striker.

"From his first day in training with us, you could see the qualities he had.

"I couldn't wait to play alongside him. He's been brilliant, he's a battler, he works so hard for the team - it's been unbelievable."

It is a big time in Rooney's life, both professionally and personally as he is due to marry Coleen McLoughlin next month.

Beating Chelsea and getting a winners' medal would be a perfect early gift, he admits.

"Yes, it will make the wedding a bit better," said Rooney. "Of course, I'll enjoy the summer more if I win.

"However it wouldn't be unbearable if we lost because you have your football and your family life.

"They are two different things and you can't really let it upset you too much.

"You've still got people there around you and you don't want to be sitting around grumpy.

"When I am with my family, football doesn't get mentioned that much."

Rooney is well aware of the threat posed by their league rivals, especially when it comes to striker Didier Drogba.

"He's big, strong, he scores goals - left foot, right foot, headers - at times he is unplayable," said Rooney.

"Sometimes it seems as if his head's not quite right but when he's at his best he's an unbelievable player.

"I hope it's like a Premier League game, an open game and end to end.

"If Chelsea go one up it is very difficult to get back at them as they are more defensive than us.

"If we go one up, we'd keep trying to get a second goal. That's the main difference between the teams.

"To win the Champions League on the back of winning the league would be a great achievement - we just have to go there to enjoy it."

Comment

Korean could achieve a first for Asia Soccer
      Koreans will remember Bun Kun Cha in the Bundesliga for Leverkusen and Frankfurt over 20 years ago. Asians will recall Ali Daei, the Iranian helping Bayern Munich to the Champions League final in 1999, but not being selected for the final itself.

If Park does start in Moscow, two men who believed in him will be on his mind and in the stadium. One is his father, Sung Jong Park, who persuaded him to swallow boiled frog extract to build up his scrawny body as a boy.

The other is Guus Hiddink. Now the coach of the Russian national squad, Hiddink chose Park for South Korea's 2002 World Cup and converted him from a defensive midfield player to an attack-minded winger. Hiddink then took Park to Eindhoven and tried to stop his moving on to United.

The Dutchman warned the Korean that English soccer might be too fast, too physical for a Korean, and Park might end up a bench-warmer at Old Trafford.

Hiddink's mistakes are few; this was one.
      God I love Park Mr Three Lungs
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
        God I love Park Mr Three Lungs
        if only karimi had his attitude.

Comment

Comment

im sorry.. but Park sucks

Comment

Originally posted by persian boy View Post
              come on man he a gd player and he works his arse of!!

Comment

explain why
                sigpic

Comment

he ruins Manchesters flow in a game. and he does nothing useful, hes just a neutral player. its not like Manchester would be lower without him. very ineffective and overrated player

Comment

he ruins Manchesters flow in a game. and he does nothing useful, hes just a neutral player. its not like Manchester would be lower without him. very ineffective and overrated player
                    Ruins it ? The kid ends up doing stuff he isnt asked to do. He goes back and defends when Evra has gone too far up front. He gets into a challenge and just runs at players with or without the ball to make them do a mistake, and he succeeds more often than not. He's immense in making sure United dont lose the edge whenever he's on. The lad's all over the place, running and running and running. He's fully effective in making things tidy, and to be honest, under-rated for my liking.

The only thing he lacks is perhaps scoring goals, but with Ronaldo hogging the spotlight, I dont blame Park because he does his part of the job well.
                    sigpic

Comment

your blinded by your love for Manchester United, meaning you cant NOT LIKE any of your players. im different, if theres a Chelsea player I dont like, I just dont like. i.e. Bridge, Pizarro, Ben Haim

Comment

^^thats because you live in canada.

there is a reason park has played more than expected the number of games in recent months for united and its cos fergie sees his importance, and expirience at final stages of the CL... and no1 knows better than sir alex... not in football atleast.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Heesham1 View Post
                          ^^thats because you live in canada.
                          there is a reason park has played more than expected the number of games in recent months for united and its cos fergie sees his importance, and expirience at final stages of the CL... and no1 knows better than sir alex... not in football atleast.
                          it has nothing to do with where i live. face the facts man, you guys just think every one of your players is amazing.

Comment

it has nothing to do with where i live. face the facts man, you guys just think every one of your players is amazing.
                            thats usually how you make it to manchester united

Comment

your blinded by your love for Manchester United, meaning you cant NOT LIKE any of your players. im different, if theres a Chelsea player I dont like, I just dont like. i.e. Bridge, Pizarro, Ben Haim
                              That's coz Bridge Pizarro and Ben Haim ARE crap. Ji Sung gives his all on the pitch for the team and as I already mentioned above HE DOES THINGS YOU DONT EXPECT ANYONE ELSE TO DO when United dont have the ball - puts opposition under pressure by running at them, ties defenders in confused knots because of his charging at them, and just basically acts like a steam engine. So to me Ji Sung Park isnt shit....he's the shit
                              sigpic

Comment

i'm not even a man utd fan, but i have to admit, park is alot better than what he gets credit for..i'd like to see drogba run as much as he does for just ONE game

Comment

Working...
                                X