The United thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

khair, here was Ole's testimonial vs Espanyol

As always some smart movement and deadly strikes by Solksjaer. Goal was scored by Frazier Campbell in 81th minute as United won 1-0.

Great play in between.

Thanks again 20LEGEND
    sigpic

Comment

nice. i cant imagine how rauls will be.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
        nice. i cant imagine how rauls will be.
        That will be a real emotional game I can imagine. Hierro, Figo, Zidane, Redondo, Roberto Carlos, Morientes all will wanna take part.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
          That will be a real emotional game I can imagine. Hierro, Figo, Zidane, Redondo, Roberto Carlos, Morientes all will wanna take part.
          Thats exactly what I was about to post.
          Itll be something to remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
            casillas, ramos and guti too.

Comment

i read somewhere fergie says frazier campbell can be our new ole.

Comment

I wanted Giuseppe Rossi to be our now Solksjaer ^_^
                sigpic

Comment

rossi is overrated imo, but this campbell has potential

Comment

Originally posted by Kaebi View Post
                    rossi is overrated imo, but this campbell has potential
                    I think Rossi has done himself rather good at Villareal - although many of his goals are penalties (albeit well-taken ones too). But hey, I wish we could have had him as Rossi is a DEADLY finisher.

Campbell did rather well in the tough Championship with Hull City last season, at United he can and will be a good back up. But I think another youngster Danny Wellbeck (only 17/18) has some massive potential as he's big, strong, fast and some really nice skill about him.
                    sigpic

Comment

how old is campbell?

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                        how old is campbell?
                        He'll turn 21 in September this year. Young lad, and now is the chance for him to get his chance and make a name for himself at United.

Its been a long time since United had a proper striker coming through the youth ranks. The last good striker from United's youth academy was perhaps Mark Hughes.
                        sigpic

Comment

Rooney set to miss season opener

Striker Wayne Rooney is set to miss the opening match of Manchester United's Premier League campaign on 17 August after picking up a virus.

The 22-year-old contracted the mystery virus on United's pre-season tour of Nigeria and has not trained since.

"I doubt Wayne will be fit for the start of the season," said United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

"It's a virus he picked up in Nigeria and it's not a nice one. He's not been back in training yet."

Ferguson revealed Rooney's illness was diagnosed by the club's own laboratory.

He also added that the squad had all taken malaria tablets ahead of the trip to Africa, while the club confirmed that the touring party have all had the required Yellow Fever vaccinations within the past 10 years.

Rooney's illness leaves Ferguson facing a selection dilemma ahead of the opening match of the season at home to Newcastle.

Cristiano Ronaldo will miss the first two months of the season following ankle surgery regardless of whether he moves to Real Madrid or stays at Old Trafford.

Portuguese midfielder Nani is suspended while Anderson is on Olympic duty with Brazil.

Rooney's problems could also reignite Ferguson's interest in signing Tottenham forward Dimitar Berbatov.

As it stands, Ferguson has only Carlos Tevez, untested youngster Fraizer Campbell and Louis Saha to choose from up front.

"I don't know whether we will have a team ready," said Ferguson. "Nani is suspended, Anderson is in the Olympic Games.

"(Michael) Carrick's come in this morning and he may play a part of the game on Sunday."

Rooney had sat on the sidelines when Manchester United played FA Cup winners Portsmouth in a friendly in Abuja on 27 July.

He then missed his club's two subsequent pre-season fixtures against Espanyol and Peterborough.

The virus means he could also miss England's friendly against the Czech Republic at Wembley on 20 August.

Comment

But now is chance for Frazier Campbell to prove his worth
                            sigpic

Comment

Its sad to hear about Rooneys virus.
                              Oh well.

We will still win

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli34 View Post
                                Its sad to hear about Rooneys virus.
                                Oh well.
                                We will still win
                                exactly its only newcastle .... managed by mr. i would loove it we beat them.

even if we had chris eagles playing centre half and no goalie, we'd still win.

Comment

Working...
                                X