The United thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mf_doom View Post
    Well it helps when you benefit from one of the dodgiest penalty calls and then benefit from one of the worst offside non calls this side of Korea in 2002. Alex Ferguson really did a great job of changing his side for the second half but to act like you team is some sort of wonder team and not even acknowledge the bullshit refereeing is rather idiotic.
    the pen was a bit doggy but wtf are u on about the offside..:bs:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
      the pen was a bit doggy but wtf are u on about the offside..:bs:
      a bit dodgy? Thats like calling amy winehouse a bit of a drug addict.

The berbatov goal was miles offsides.
      The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

a bit dodgy? Thats like calling amy winehouse a bit of a drug addict.
        The berbatov goal was miles offsides.
        lol....dude what are you on about....http://videos.sapo.pt/8CBuaj0zi1gpysooBnkZ there was only one goal that had a hint of offside and after watching match of day and highlights theres no way in hell that was offside....stop complaining we scored 5 you scored 2...nuff said

Comment

I have seen such penalty shouts given for other teams in other matches...

do you really expect the ref to see just a finger touching the ball from such an angle ?? We only seeing it was a close call penalty shout AFTER seeing a TV replay a few times from all sorts of angles.

I think Gomes could have easily been sent off for that foul on Carrick.

and quite frankly Spurs could have easily conceded a total of like 10 goals yesterday given those barrage of attacks and shots on target.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
            I have seen such penalty shouts given for other teams in other matches...
            do you really expect the ref to see just a finger touching the ball from such an angle ?? We only seeing it was a close call penalty shout AFTER seeing a TV replay a few times from all sorts of angles.

I think Gomes could have easily been sent off for that foul on Carrick.

and quite frankly Spurs could have easily conceded a total of like 10 goals yesterday given those barrage of attacks and shots on target.
            Just because there are other bad calls in other matches doesnt make ths one any less retarded. My brother, who could careless about both teams, saw the ball ricochet off gomes's hands. If you are gonna call a penalty, you better be damn sure its one, not something that kinda sorta maybe looked like one. Man united are a great team but the ref was behind this amazing comeback not their skill. Honestly im surprised they didnt give the man of the match to Howard Webb, seeing as he was united's best player on the park.

And gomes being sent for the foul on carrick? are you mad? have you ever watched soccer before? What ref, even one as baised as webb, would send of gomes for that? :bs:
            The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

i dont think any of us have watched a soccer match before.

Comment

Just because there are other bad calls in other matches doesnt make ths one any less retarded. My brother, who could careless about both teams, saw the ball ricochet off gomes's hands. If you are gonna call a penalty, you better be damn sure its one, not something that kinda sorta maybe looked like one. Man united are a great team but the ref was behind this amazing comeback not their skill. Honestly im surprised they didnt give the man of the match to Howard Webb, seeing as he was united's best player on the park.
                And gomes being sent for the foul on carrick? are you mad? have you ever watched soccer before? What ref, even one as baised as webb, would send of gomes for that? :bs:
                you completely neutered your point of view with a question like that.

and its called FOOTBALL

and trust me, it was United's skill in coming for 2-0 down to win 5-2...Spurs did nothing and were thoroughly dismembered in the 2nd half when they were actually really good in the 1st half. Dont blame the ref if your team got overwhelmed and torn apart. They still had a lead, they blew it, they still had a point, they blew it, and got 3 past them....is it really the ref's fault ?

it was a dodgy, but as I said, refs have given those penalty calls in the past.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
                  you completely neutered your point of view with a question like that.

and its called FOOTBALL

and trust me, it was United's skill in coming for 2-0 down to win 5-2...Spurs did nothing and were thoroughly dismembered in the 2nd half when they were actually really good in the 1st half. Dont blame the ref if your team got overwhelmed and torn apart. They still had a lead, they blew it, they still had a point, they blew it, and got 3 past them....is it really the ref's fault ?

it was a dodgy, but as I said, refs have given those penalty calls in the past.
                  i can see arguing with you is like arguing with a five year old. Because i called it soccer, it completely destroys my argument? Your logic is impeccable.

Like i said before, united are a great team and they showed their skill on Saturday. But think how differently that match would have been if that dubious penalty was never given.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Heesham1 View Post
                    i dont think any of us have watched a soccer match before.
                    that explains everything!
                    The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
                    For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
                    http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
                    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
                    http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

funny vid

Comment

i can see arguing with you is like arguing with a five year old. Because i called it soccer, it completely destroys my argument? Your logic is impeccable.
                        Like i said before, united are a great team and they showed their skill on Saturday. But think how differently that match would have been if that dubious penalty was never given.
                        I just didnt like this question/jibe "Have you ever watched soccer ?"

of course I ****ing have !!! what's the point when anyone asks such a jibe ?
                        sigpic

Comment

we totally dominated and raped aresnal we should of had at least 2 more im just afraid not scoring the goals might harm us in the next game but to be honest this aresnal team has nothing to offer and fingers crossed we can make it to the final but arsenal should thank god they have almunia.

Comment

Patrice Evra had baby Walcott in his back pocket all night, the midfield troika of Anderson, Carrick, and especially Darren Fletcher completely NEUTRALISED the Arsenal midfield.

We should have scored more and deserved it if it was 2-0 or 3-0 for United
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                              this aresnal team has nothing to offer .
                              Come on man. That's such a bs comment. The performance today was disappointing, yes, but don't dare to say Arsenal has nothing to offer. Arsenal outclassed United in the first encounter this year. Also don't forget RVP will be back for next leg.

Comment

Originally posted by nimster22 View Post
                                Come on man. That's such a bs comment. The performance today was disappointing, yes, but don't dare to say Arsenal has nothing to offer. Arsenal outclassed United in the first encounter this year. Also don't forget RVP will be back for next leg.
                                Winning 2-1 and having the winning goal by Nasri being a rather weak shot that went in goal after it took TWO deflections from defenders is not exactly being 'outclassed'.

The only memorable moment in that game was Rafael Da Silva's goal
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X