No announcement yet.

The United thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is Suarez before going to Liverpool.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
      what happened with suarez and evra? i missed it
      EPL is wack these days
      thats a joke right?
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I dont see how people say Man city are better than Manchester united while we're still performing incredibly in the premier league . We may not have the best squad right now and yet apparently this must be one of our weakest squad , but let me tell you for a weak team we're doing a hell of a job. Defending our titles until the end fighting non stop even in the dying seconds . 2 of our Legends scored today , I could have not been any happier specially that it was Giggs 900th appearance for the club.
        sigpic

Comment

Sitting on top of the premier league with 5 points ahead . Im smelling the 20th tittle baby
          sigpic

Comment

Ferguson braced for City clash

6 December 2012

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes a victory over Manchester City on Sunday would go down as one of his best-ever results.
            United go into the game at Etihad Stadium with a three-point lead over their local rivals, and could move six points clear with a win.

However, having shipped 21 goals already this term, including three in their last league outing away at Reading, Ferguson knows if his side want to take anything away from the game, they will need to tighten up defensively.

"If we win it will be one of our best-ever results," Ferguson told MUTV.

"They are a really good, powerful team with massive players. It won't be easy and if we defend like we did at Reading we'll be in trouble.

"The important thing for us is to take lessons from the mistakes we're making and do something about it. We need to find a solution."

Ferguson also refused to rule Chelsea out of the title race, despite Rafael Benitez's men being 10 points behind United and without a win in the Premier League since October

"At this time in the season you can't really say it's a two-horse race," he said.

"If you think back we were 12 points behind Chelsea at one point and when Arsenal beat us in the league in 1998 we were 11 points clear."

Ferguson hopes forward Wayne Rooney will be firing on all cylinders going into the derby clash, after he was the only player to feature in both of the club's last two games, at Reading in the league and against Cluj in the Champions League.

"Wayne has another 90 minutes under his belt and hopefully by Sunday he is in real top form," he said.

"He is approaching that now but Sunday will be a different kettle of fish altogether."
            sigpic

Comment

Man this thread use to be so lively back in the day!

Glory glory man united!

Comment

^all of the club threads used to be, no one talks about european football here anymore idk why

Comment

Pl week 16

16' W. Rooney (assist by A. Young)
                  29' W. Rooney (assist by Rafael)

P. Zabaleta 86'
                  R. van Persie 90'+2
                  sigpic

Comment

Pl week 19

sigpic

Comment

As a Chelsea fan, I am getting sick and tired of seeing these ridiculous clubs from Manchester scoring in the bloody 90th minute in each game. Seriously...

Comment

Clearly you didn't watch the game. We were dominating in the second half , we should've have won the game earlier with the amount of chances we had ... on top of that Newcastle's second goal was complete offside. Our major issue is our defense we were horrible in the back Newcastle walked around the pitch and scored easily. And also you clearly don't watch enough EPL matches because you should know better its the league of late drama.. Just Man city this season has scored 15 goals in the last 10mins of their games.

Nway, 7points clear right on top above the Noisy **** neighbors. Sir Alex really wants to get the title this year just because its city that is holding it right now.

Last edited by PouriaAkaBarut; 12-26-2012, 07:06 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PouriaAkaBarut View Post
                          Clearly you didn't watch the game. We were dominating in the second half , we should've have won the game earlier with the amount of chances we had ... on top of that Newcastle's second goal was complete offside. Our major issue is our defense we were horrible in the back Newcastle walked around the pitch and scored easily. And also you clearly don't watch enough EPL matches because you should know better its the league of late drama.. Just Man city this season has scored 15 goals in the last 10mins of their games.

Nway, 7points clear right on top above the Noisy **** neighbors. Sir Alex really wants to get the title this year just because its city that is holding it right now.

Seriously, how old are you that you make the trivial 'clearly you don't watch enough *blank* *blank* *blank*' or 'clearly, you don't understand the fundamental *blank* *blank* *blank*' arguments. It's no lie that both City and United have got many of their points off last minute goals thus far this season. Obviously you wouldn't say anything against it given that you're a United fan. You did say one thing correctly - United's defence is extremely terrible and will cost them both the premiership and any chance of progressing in the UCL.

Comment

Although I agree that Manchester united has scored MANY last minute goals.... chicharito really deserved that last minute goal.... he was denied at least 5 consecutive times in one half.
                            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                              Seriously, how old are you that you make the trivial 'clearly you don't watch enough *blank* *blank* *blank*' or 'clearly, you don't understand the fundamental *blank* *blank* *blank*' arguments. It's no lie that both City and United have got many of their points off last minute goals thus far this season. Obviously you wouldn't say anything against it given that you're a United fan. You did say one thing correctly - United's defence is extremely terrible and will cost them both the premiership and any chance of progressing in the UCL.
                              I agree It was a bit low from my part but even as a United fan I look at everything from a neutral point. But I am confident enough we could improve in our defense simply because we have no other choice if we wanna play Madrid. The main reason for Man united being so poor in the back is because it all starts with out midfield they constantly keep losing the ball or are too slow to react which gives our defenders more job to do. Vidic is slowly getting back to his top form so I think it will be a huge boost. We simply need a good creator in the middle. We should never start Scholes another game. He is bad for the team - great player, a living legend but not our heartbeat anymore. Same thing for Giggs he can play still do something out wide but not in the middle.

Its way to early to say but none of the teams this year have been amazing there has been always been some up and downs so I don't see how Chelsea and Man City are gonna pull through if United keeps playing like this despite getting scored every time.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PouriaAkaBarut View Post
                                I agree It was a bit low from my part but even as a United fan I look at everything from a neutral point. But I am confident enough we could improve in our defense simply because we have no other choice if we wanna play Madrid. The main reason for Man united being so poor in the back is because it all starts with out midfield they constantly keep losing the ball or are too slow to react which gives our defenders more job to do. Vidic is slowly getting back to his top form so I think it will be a huge boost. We simply need a good creator in the middle. We should never start Scholes another game. He is bad for the team - great player, a living legend but not our heartbeat anymore. Same thing for Giggs he can play still do something out wide but not in the middle.

Its way to early to say but none of the teams this year have been amazing there has been always been some up and downs so I don't see how Chelsea and Man City are gonna pull through if United keeps playing like this despite getting scored every time.
                                No worries - I tend to get into heated arguments with my friends, most of which are United (or Barca) fans. Overall, the EPL hasn't been too interesting this season. Without being biased, Chelsea probably has the rawest talent at their disposal given players like Hazard, Mata, and Oscar. City have improved immensely in recent years thanks to their over funding but they still don't carry the weight and prestige and that Chelsea and Manchester United (more-so than Chelsea) do. I don't know how much longer Ferguson will be in charge at United but it will be extremely interesting to see Guardiola in Chelsea and Mourinho in United.

Comment

Working...
                                X