The United thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suprah
    Okay heesham that will start some stupid fighting and smacks.
    I dont want THIS thread to be ruined by that okay ??
    nah.. dont worry bout it m8.. its just a question... why chelsea

Comment

Ive taken an oath.... from now on I'll stop posting banter on this thread.... if you guys would do the same for Liverpool thread... So yeah, only actual meaningful stuff from me fro now on, k?
      Backing Daei since 1992, to this day.
      GazKhor

Comment

Originally posted by 1Heesham1
        nah.. dont worry bout it m8.. its just a question... why chelsea
        Hey man...each man has its reasons what and which club to support. Look at roy he supports Newcastle and why shouldnt he ? TMfan supports Chelsea why shouldnt he ?

Maybe he likes Mourinho, maybe he like Lampard, maybe when he was young and wanted to support a team he found Chelsea too good to ignore (a-la Roman Abramovich )

Each one has its own reasons

Originally posted by Daei_The_King
        Ive taken an oath.... from now on I'll stop posting banter on this thread.... if you guys would do the same for Liverpool thread... So yeah, only actual meaningful stuff from me fro now on, k?
        Hey I dont ruin teh Liverpool thread...okay maybe its heesham...but he's a fiesty Red Devil isnt he ?
        sigpic

Comment

the reason i asked is TM1 is north american so must have chosen Chelsea for a reason instead of man u or liverpool

but roy's lives in toon

i support man u bcuz it was passed down the family..

btw DTG hell NO

Comment

You know I actually remember a time when Chelsea in the late 1990s were the 'retirement club' for players in their 30s. Players like Zola, Vialli, Gullit, Desailly, Gus Poyet etc.

I actually loved the way Zola played though
            sigpic

Comment

My brother remembers chelsea in teh second division.... thats when he started supporting them.......
              GazKhor

Comment

My brother remembers chelsea in teh second division.... thats when he started supporting them.......
                sibling rivalry eh ?
                sigpic

Comment

he's got that fighting Irish blood in him. Sure he becomes a maniac and a brute many times, but that shows his passion for the game and the team he represents. That's what makes a powerful leader. He's as inspiring as he is scaring to the team

truth be told...there is only one keano
                  From The Sunday Times ( http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...icle511049.ece )
                  February 6, 2005

The top 10 Roy Keane battles

BY JOHN AIZLEWOOD

1 The Highbury tunnel affair Who hasn’t wanted to taunt prissy footballing shop steward Gary Neville mercilessly at some point? Patrick Vieira, captain of Arsenal, just couldn’t help himself before Tuesday night’s encounter with Manchester United at Highbury. As the teams waited in the tunnel before the match, Vieira taunted the United full-back about what experts the world over have agreed was “something or other”. As you might expect, this all proved too much for our brave hero Roy. Eyes blazing, he took it upon himself to fight Neville’s battle for him. “Vieira is 6ft 4in and was having a go at Gary,” explained Keane. “So I said, ‘Have a go at me’. If he wants to intimidate our players and thinks that Gary is an easy target, I’m not having it.” As a fearful Vieira blinked, referee Graham Poll quickly moved in to save the day. Before a ball had been kicked, Keane had won the game.

2 Mick McCarthy With his heavy Yorkshire accent and reluctance to pander to players’ egos, Ireland manager McCarthy was always going to be on a collision course with his star. It all came to a head at the Irish training camp in Saipan before the last World Cup. Keane made his grievances clear in an interview with The Irish Times, and then McCarthy rounded on him. The move backfired spectacularly. “I didn’t rate you as a player,” Keane told him in front of the whole squad. “I don’t rate you as a manager and I don’t rate you as a person. You can stick the World Cup up your b*******.”

3 Alf-Inge Haaland4 Prawn-sandwich eaters In November 2000, after a Champions League victory over Dynamo Kiev, it was Keane’s turn to make small talk with journalists. Only small talk is not his thing. Instead, he berated the fans at Old Trafford: “Away from home our fans are fantastic, but at home they’ve had a few drinks and probably their prawn sandwiches and don’t realise what is going on out on the pitch. ” Naturally, he felt not so much misquoted as misunderstood. He wasn ’t having a go at corporate junketeers, you see, but “United fans in general”. As in the people who pay his wages. A career in the diplomatic service awaits upon retirement, Mr Keane.

5 Alan Shearer Perhaps Keane’s equal in sheer bloody-mindedness, Alan Shearer’s superior self-control usually meant he had the upper hand when they locked horns. In September 2001, as United lost 4-3 at St James’ Park, Shearer prevented Keane from taking a throw-in. Keane threw the ball at Shearer, who called the Irishman a “prick”. Keane then tried to strike the striker, earning a dismissal in the process.

6 His teammates Having already publicly stated that the Treble-winning United side should be broken up, Keane was not an especially happy bunny after the 2001-2 season. After being knocked out of the Champions League by Bayer Leverkusen, the FA Cup by Middlesbrough (in the fourth round) and finishing third in the Premiership, Keane looked at his colleagues and found them a spineless lot, particularly the England player (was it Wes Brown, Nicky Butt or Paul Scholes?) whom he’d caught shaking with fear before the Leverkusen match. He blamed United’s loss of form on the players’ Rolexes, the fleets of cars, the multi-millions, and told them they had lost their hunger. Their response has not been recorded.

7 Jason McAteer In 2002 at the Stadium of Light, Keane received his 11th red card for an attack on Sunderland’s Jason McAteer, his successor as Ireland captain. The two had been grappling for an hour or so before McAteer responded to a Keane foul by miming writing motions, mere days after the midfielder had said he’d rather buy his son a Bob The Builder CD than Keane’s autobiography. Soon afterwards, they chased for a loose ball, Keane elbowed McAteer in the head, and off he trudged. Class, sheer class.

8 Leanne Carey and Maxine Rourke In May 1999, after an afternoon celebrating another Premiership title, Keane and most of his teammates retired to a bar, where two women ordered Keane and Ryan Giggs to buy them a drink. The footballers ignored them. One of the women threw a champagne flute at Keane, cutting him beneath the eye. The women were asked to leave. They telephoned the police, but only after telling their tale to The Sun. Keane was arrested and invited to sleep off his exertions in the cells. When he woke up, there was Alex Ferguson and a solicitor, who sorted bail.

9 Referees Eyes ablaze, veins bulging from the side of his head, mouth contorted into a contemptuous snarl: this was once the standard reaction to a refereeing decision that did not find favour with the combustible Keane. The red card has been waved at him 11 times since he joined Manchester United 12 years ago, three times by his dear old chum David Elleray. “I’m pleased to hear you’re hanging up your red card at last,” he wrote, touchingly, when the whistleblower retired. These days refs are finding that the new, responsible Keane is practically a *****cat.

10 His own body Never being afraid to run in where angels fear to tread and to dish it out inevitably means that there are times when you will be on the receiving end as well. And Keane is no exception. After damaging his ankle on the first of many occasions as a Nottingham Forest player in 1991, his body started to wage war on him. There was the post-Haaland ruptured cruciate ligament; the hamstring strains (recurring); the hip problems (career-threatening); the hernias (recurring); the knee ligaments (career-threatening) and the back injuries (recurring and also career-threatening). In fact, it’s probably fair to say that a spritely old age does not beckon for him.

Yes, theres only one keano, he is a twat, or as Sir Alan Shearer called him
                  a Prick.
                  ...............................................sigpic..........................................00000000 0000000000000000000000000..HOWAY THE LADS

Comment

Sibling rivalry:
                    EXACTLY!!!! Its total $hit at my house: My bro supports Chelsea, my dad supports Arsenal, and my sister-in-law supports Man U cause she fancies Ronaldo (), and we are ALL trying to convert my mum at the moment. I even bought her a Liverpool anual but she never read it so I nicked it

I thin she's becoming a Man U fan cause of last nights performance
                    GazKhor

Comment

ahem....50 years...
                      i mean by man utd
                      you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
                      sigpic

Comment

my brother supports liverpool.....how can we be related?
                        you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
                        sigpic

Comment

our brother is a very wise, wise boy/man
                          GazKhor

Comment

Sibling rivalry:
                            EXACTLY!!!! Its total $hit at my house: My bro supports Chelsea, my dad supports Arsenal, and my sister-in-law supports Man U cause she fancies Ronaldo (), and we are ALL trying to convert my mum at the moment. I even bought her a Liverpool anual but she never read it so I nicked it
                            I thin she's becoming a Man U fan cause of last nights performance
                            Even wiser choice
                            sigpic

Comment

Owen door opened for United
                              Bayern Munich have opened the door for Manchester United to bid for Owen Hargreaves this summer.
                              http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...ited&channel=&

Comment

was gr8 day in fo me an fellow mancs in terms of football... United merked watford 4-1, an the reds go marchin down to wembley

an liverpool only drew at man city

can be gr8 weekend if chelski are knocked outta the cup 2moz

bring on them italian pounces!

Comment

Working...
                                X