Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
    Beckham Wants To Come Home To United
    But his wife doesnt and will never want him to leave Hollywood.

I really hate the WAGs culture dictating football players.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by taha View Post
      pali how did u gt ur tickets did u get it off the site? do u know someone who's a member of the supporters club? before my mate used to get them n i would jus pay him bak but he's moved away now....whenevr ive gone on teh site i wodnt be able to get a ticket unless i was a member or a season ticket holder or sumthin...i wanna go down for a match b4 uni starts..help me out
      bro my friend has season tickets thats how i got a ticket. We were sitting in the stretford end man it was crazy thats how you should watch i football match the whole stand didnt sit down for 1 minute my back was gonna break haha. What you can do is become a member of the One united thing on the united site. You can apply for tickets through that, but is a draw so you wont always get the tickets you want. The membership is like 25 quid a year i think..check it out. I wish i lived in manchester man i got accepted in the uni there but i decided to stay here in london..bad decision

Comment

Originally posted by Pali View Post
        bro my friend has season tickets thats how i got a ticket. We were sitting in the stretford end man it was crazy thats how you should watch i football match the whole stand didnt sit down for 1 minute my back was gonna break haha. What you can do is become a member of the One united thing on the united site. You can apply for tickets through that, but is a draw so you wont always get the tickets you want. The membership is like 25 quid a year i think..check it out. I wish i lived in manchester man i got accepted in the uni there but i decided to stay here in london..bad decision

Speaking of Stretford End, I worked there on the lower levels last season when United whopped those Romans 7-1 that night. It was wonderful being there, and yes no one sat down there and all were standing the entire game. That is the core-base of United home support, and it shook and roared whenever we scored a goal (I could feel the damn walls shake on the inside ).

I wish the same could be said of the other stands where the more quieter fans are
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post

Speaking of Streford End, I worked there on the lower levels last season when United whopped those Romans 7-1 that night. It was wonderful being there, and yes no one sat down there and all were standing the entire game. That is the core-base of United home support, and it shook and roared whenever we scored a goal (I could feel the damn walls shake on the inside ).

I wish the same could be said of the other stands where the more quieter fans are
          yeah i usually sit on the north stand the view is better from there but the atmosphere is not too good.. Its stretford end from now on!

Comment

hello mancs!!! Am back and ready to seriously annoy you..... let me look up a list of recent results! (come on, Ive been in iran...dont I deserve to annoy you all about screwing up terribly when i get back? :P)

k, so ....Ouch!!!! drawing with reading at home?? What happened there? oh yeah, course the excuse is probably that you had injured players, ok. And portsmouth? Ronaldo's the new zidane apparently...not in terms of skill, in terms of temper and red cards for headbuts, right?

YOU LOST TO CITY!!!!!!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! My god, i didnt think manure would sink this low.... actually, i hoped they would but i never expected it....

good to see you managed to scrape a win against sunderland... it would be seriously embarassing if you didnt though, wouldnt it? I odnt think Keano wouldve let alex forget it...

Some on guys, you know i love you all really...its just too tempting when manu screw up this spectacularly!!
            Backing Daei since 1992, to this day.
            GazKhor

Comment

Easy there Scouser, dont jump up and down.

Rooney broke his foot in his first game, and despite playing some good football hitting the net was a worry. Kind of like Arsenal last season

AND THAT WASNT EVEN A RED CARD REF !!! Even the Rovers players said it wasnt a head butt

That's the reason we couldnt beat Reading and Portsmouth and lost to CITEH (they always tend to play hard against us, history proves it if you do know some as well as after spending some 60 odd million ) so those grinding wins over Spurs and Sunderland was a relief.

I would take a griniding win over playing good and no goals any time of the day. We are back what we should be doing and are only a few points behind you lot.

Dont let the beating of a few promoted teams get to your head just yet.
              sigpic

Comment

Lighten up Surpah.

That old chestnut "rooney's injured". When isnt he? and anyway, cr7 getting sent off is a long time coming - isnt diving a yellow card offence? he ought to get atleast 5 yellows a game. :P

i didnt see the headbutt - i was told by a friend who thought it would cheer me up (she was 100% right )
                GazKhor

Comment

Well Gerrard's scuba lessons certainly helped against Villa didnt they ?
                  sigpic

Comment

You what?
                    GazKhor

Comment

Originally posted by Daei_The_King View Post
                      You what?
                      Never mind
                      sigpic

Comment

hopefully you will Francesco!

Totti: I Want To Beat Man United 7-0

Francesco Totti has set his sights this season on the Ballon d'Or - and a revenge thrashing of Manchester United in the Champions League...

zoom - galleria Roma stalwart Francesco Totti is aiming to round off his impressive collection of silverware with a solo prize: the Ballon d'Or.

This prestigious prize amounts to a European Footballer of the Year award as given by journalists who vote for players based on a starting list of 50 players assembled by France Football.

The player himself isn't concerned with the intricacies: just ensuring that, for a change, he's on the list.

When asked by the Gazzetta dello Sport about the Pallone d'Oro, as it's called in Italy, he said, "I think Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo and Ruud van Nistelrooy are the favourites.

"To be honest, I don't fully understand the selection criteria. But I've now gained silverware, and I am playing consistently. If I can get a good start in the Champions League, I may be considered..."

But he knows that teamwork is just as important - and has tipped Roma for a Scudetto charge.

He said, "There is no point in denying it: we are one of the four sides in with a chance at the title. We have a great squad, but let's not be hasty: in Rome, it's easy to swing from excitement to depression."

The player refused to swipe at Inter coach Roberto Mancini, following his insistence that Roma's 'sexy football' had brought them nothing but a 22 point deficit behind the nerazzurri last season, instead responding in calm fashion.

"That's true," he said, "but [Mancini] had a squad of 40 to choose from. We had the same first team, plus youth players."

However, after restraining himself on Mancini, he launched an attack on Juventus; or, more specifically, former director Luciano Moggi.

Totti added that the Roma squad now had the depth required to compete with Inter before saying, "Luciano Moggi isn't around anymore, and now we can suddenly get important players. Perhaps it's just a coincidence.

"After Lazio, the team I love to beat most is Juventus. But they've put together a good, ambitious squad this year."

But Roma don't just face competition at home. They also have the Champions League to contend with: and Manchester United.

The Red Devils soared to a magnificent 7-1 win over the giallorossi in last year's knockout stages to send Roma crashing out. Totti now hopes to repeat the feat - albeit from the other side.

"This time I want to win - but by seven goals to nil. The English tabloids may call it a journey into hell, but they can say what they like; they only want to sell more papers," he muttered.

Totti recently retired from international football, along with defender Alessandro Nesta. While Nesta recently reacted angrily to claims that he could be coaxed out of retirement, Totti's own reaction was somewhat more enigmatic.

When asked if he'd respond to a striking emergency to play, he said, "It would be a beautiful experience... I say, no." Not quite an emphatic no, but a no nonetheless.

Totti scored the final goal on Sunday as Roma ran out 3-0 winners over Siena.

Steve Michaels
                        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

how does he do it?... how does totti fart and make words instead of gas... it even makes the news...

u have to hand it to this guy... amazing!

Comment

This fruit cup just doesn't know when to keep his comments to himself eh?

Remember what happened the last time you opened your big mouth....you were going to make sure Fergie remembered your name eh?

We haven't forgotten that match at OT where you may as well have been back in Italy because we didn't see you on the pitch. Expect a hostile reception and evil laughs from Stretford End lads when you walk back in to OUR killing fields.

Piss off Totti we just don't care.
                            sigpic

Comment

Manchester United 1-0 AC Milan - 1969 European Cup semifinal 2nd leg

Milan had won 2-0 at San Siro in the first, and United barraged them at Old Trafford (just look at the crowd !!!) and George Best showing his class that made him win the Ballon d'Or the previous year. Unfortunately, the second goal wasnt given as the ref, a certain Frenchman named Roger Machin, said the ball didnt cross the line, which it surely did, that would have forced extra-time. It could have been a glorious season for United, reaching back-to-back European finals. But alas it was the beginning of the end, as the team broke down and got relegated in 1974

Roger Machin was also the same referee who in 1973 denied Clough's Derby County a place in the European Cup final. Derby were playing against Juve. This scandal became known as The Golden Fix.
                              sigpic

Comment

Another piece of United's history - its been exactly 100 seasons since United's first ever League title back in 1908 under a brilliant team managed by Ernest Mangnall

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                from manutd.com

100 years ago: The first title

For United, 2007/08 is all about defending the Premier League crown, but it also marks 100 years since the first of the Reds' 16 championship successes. At the end of each month throughout the season, we'll chart the tale of United's first ever top-flight triumph...

By the broadest of reckonings, there have been seven truly exceptional United sides.

Three were the inspired creations of Sir Matt Busby, three more the exhilarating work of Sir Alex. But what of the magnificent seventh, or to be more precise, the fabulous first? That team was the brainchild of one Ernest Mangnall, and in the early seasons of the 20th century, its impact was as sensational as that of the outfits assembled later with such flair and imagination by the two great Scots.

Mangnall’s United was a beautifully balanced fusion of breathtaking skill, canny organisation and determined industry. It embarked on the glorious campaign that climaxed in breaking United's league championship duck exactly 100 years ago this season.

The immediate parallels with Sir Alex's current combination are irresistible, particularly in attack. In terms of profile, if not in the exact nature of their play, Cristiano Ronaldo might be compared to Billy Meredith, and for Wayne Rooney, read marauding striker Sandy Turnbull.

Okay, it’s a little surreal to imagine the twinkle-toed Portuguese flankman sucking on a toothpick as he prances mesmerically beside the touchline. However, Welsh legend Meredith was known to sport his trademark aid to dental hygiene between his lips even as he tormented defenders with his devastating sleight of foot. But if Billy was a born match-winner and the club’s first superstar, Cristiano offers an unmistakable modern equivalent.

Meanwhile, between Wayne and Sandy there is an obvious similarity, not only in their prodigious goal-grabbing talent and their natural feel for the game, but also in their appearances. The pair are powerfully sturdy and compactly built, and both face the camera with a slightly belligerent ‘don’t-mess-with-me’ gaze.

Of course, the 1907/08 vintage was no two-man show. For all the crowd-pleasing pyrotechnics of Billy and Sandy, the heartbeat of the team was the majestic halfback line of Dick Duckworth, skipper Charlie Roberts and Alex Bell, while goalscoring left-winger George Wall was yet another headline grabber.

Off the field, the Reds were a club reborn. United had just survived a life-threatening cash crisis at the turn of the century, thanks substantially to two men. Local brewer, benefactor and visionary entrepreneur John Henry Davies had supplied the money and business acumen to rescue the ailing Newton Heath, renamed Manchester United in 1902, while wily secretary-manager Mangnall had been recruited from Burnley a year later.

The boss had built a new side, shrewdly snapping up winger Meredith, marksman Turnbull, full-back Herbert Burgess and inside-forward Jimmy Bannister from the ruins of the Manchester City team - a side broken up after the Blues had been found guilty of making illegal payments to its players in the pre-professional days. Promoted to the top flight in 1905/06, United consolidated the following term. Hence they were all set in September 1907 to face Aston Villa, on the opening day of what was to be an unforgettable season.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X