X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sixth clean sheet... fvck the scousers... gooners r next

only 1 ronaldo ppl....

Comment

am i the only united fan who does not like ronaldo?
      you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by taha View Post
        am i the only united fan who does not like ronaldo?
        haram

you also dont like keano either
        sigpic

Comment

Taha man don't say stuff like this, just keep it to yourself haha

Comment

CRISTIANO RONALDO SUCKSs

Comment

Originally posted by soheil86 View Post
              CRISTIANO RONALDO SUCKSs
              come back when you score 23 goals in a season where you are the most hated player outside Old Trafford aged only 21/22 as a winger
              sigpic

Comment

HAPPY 70TH BIRTHDAY SIR BOBBY CHARLTON

From Republik of Mancunia:

1 World Cup: 1966
                3 League Titles: 1957, 1965, 1967
                1 European Cup: 1968
                1 FA Cup: 1963
                1 European Footballer of the Year: 1966
                1 Football Writers Association Player of the Year: 1966

International career:
                106 caps (two players in history have more caps for England), 49 goals (highest ever goalscorer for England). Only English player to feature in four World Cup squads.

United career:
                759 appearances (most appearances ever made for United), 249 goals (highest ever goalscorer for United)

Sir Bobby Charlton encompasses everything which is great about football. His ability, his loyalty, his dedication, his honours list, his passion, he has it all. To have such a great man as an ambassador for our club truly makes us privileged, and our club, and this country, owe him a great deal. It has been thirty four years since he left United, and thirty seven years since he retired from playing for England, yet he still has pride of place in the record books for club and country.

If we go back to the beginning, we can see Charlton had no choice but do pursue a career in football, coming from a line of footballers, three of his uncles playing for Leeds, amongst other clubs, and his mum’s cousin, Jackie Milburn, proved as a legend for Newcastle.

Charlton signed for United when he was fifteen years old, turning a professional just as he became seventeen in 1954. Charlton was a part of the Busby Babes, the team which should have dominated English football for the next ten years or more. He made his debut in 1956, whilst undertaking his National Service in Shrewsbury, alongside team mate Duncan Edwards. He won the FA Youth Cup with United in 1954, 1955 and 1956.

United won the league in Charlton’s first season with the first team, but were robbed of the Double, after Villa’s McParland viciously followed through minutes in to the game on United’s keeper, Ray Wood, breaking his cheek bone and leaving him concussed. These were before the days of substitutions, so Jackie Blanchflower, our centre half, filled in between the sticks. United lost 2-1, but they would see, along with Charlton, their share of glory in the coming years.

First though, they were to endure great tragedy, as the Munich Air Disaster claimed the lives of our youngsters. Having reached the semi finals of the European Cup the season before, as the first English team to succeed so significantly in the competition, United were looking to win the trophy in 1958. United played away in Yugoslavia against Red Star Belgrade, Sir Bobby scoring two goals in a 3-3 draw, taking United again to the semi finals.

With an important game against Wolves to look forward to at the weekend, the Busby Babes boarded their flight home, with the visions of a Treble awaiting them come the end of the season. As we all know, that flight never landed back home. Charlton, who was just twenty years old, and feeling uneasy with the two aborted take offs preceding the fatal attempt, swapped places with Tommy Taylor (a true great in the making). It was this move which spared Charlton’s life, at the expense of Taylor’s, but it wasn’t plain sailing. Harry Greg, then the most expensive keeper in the World, saved Charlton by dragging him by the trouser waistband from the plane, despite feeling he was too late, and that Charlton was actually dead. (Greg also single-handedly saved the lives of Sir Matt Busby, Dennis Violet, and Jackie Blanchflower).

Charlton was treated in hospital for cuts to the head and severe shock, after captain Byrne, and team mates Taylor, Pegg, Jones, Whelan, Colman and Bent were all confirmed dead at the scene. Duncan Edwards died two weeks later, Sir Matt Busby was inches away from death on several occasions, and was read his last rites twice.

Charlton had played in a team full of such promise and hope, and it all fell apart at the seams. With the loss of nine players, United went on to lose to AC Milan in the semi finals of the European Cup, fell away in the league, and lost in the FA Cup final.

As the years rolled by, Charlton established himself as a great attacking player and goalscorer for both club and country. Finally, in 1963, Charlton picked up an FA Cup winners medal, and two years later, Sir Matt’s work was starting to pay off, with the league title coming back to Manchester.

The World Cup followed a year later, with Charlton shining in the run up to the final. He scored England’s first goal of the tournament against Mexico, a completely self made goal, which started with Charlton picking up the ball in his own half, and ended with a beautiful strike in to the top corner.

England then went on to beat France, then Argentina, and faced Portugal in the semi-final. Charlton scored both goals in England’s 2-1 victory, the second of which in the form of another scorcher.

The rest, as they say, is history, with England going on to win the World Cup, something which moved Charlton to tears, and lots of them!

The following year, United won the league again, their second in three years, pipping Forest to the post. Charlton was a United and England hero and had been the cornerstone to Sir Matt’s rebuilding of the squad. As captain, in 1968, he lead United through the European Cup, with no other English teams yet to leave their mark. Ten years had past since that dreadful day in February, when Manchester mourned not only the lives of our lost players, but the lost potential. Charlton was just a lad back then, and now he was a man, eager to add the final trophy to his collection of honours.

United beat Benfica in the European Cup final, with the game finishing 1-1 after Charlton scored in the 53rd minute. Three minutes in to extra time, George Best made it 2-1, Brian Kidd taking it to 3-1 a minute later. A further five minutes saw Charlton score his second of the game, and the final goal of the game. United were crowned Champions of Europe.

Charlton has now been associated with the club for over half a century, working as an ambassador for football in his role as director for United. As great teams have come and gone, domestically and internationally, Charlton’s still shines brighter than everyone else’s’.

Ryan Giggs has just over thirty games to go before he equals Charlton’s record, and with a new deal in the pipelines, barring injury, Giggs is set to do just that. Last month, Charlton spoke out about this possibility, and sounded like a true fan, rather than a man whose glorious record was about to be smashed. "I would love it if Ryan got the record," he said. "It would be so fitting and I would be pleased to have the opportunity to go onto the pitch and present him with something. In fact, if they didn't ask me, I would pester them until they did. When I finished, I could not believe anyone would play more games than that. I did so much running, for so many years, I just didn't think it would be possible. But Ryan is almost there now. To physically put your body through what he has is very difficult and that is why I am so delighted for him."

Although Giggs is still short of Charlton’s goals (141 goals for Giggs, compared to the 249 of Charlton) and appearances, he has lifted more league titles than any player in the history of English football, and as Charlton said, it would be extremely fitting for him to be the man to push the barrier higher. United have been blessed to have such dedicated and committed players over the years, and whilst thirty three years have past since Charlton set the standard, it seems almost impossible for another player to achieve such a record with a club as big and successful as United, if/when Giggs goes on to do so this season or next.

However, it’s not just Charlton’s United record at stake this season, but also his England record too. With Michael Owen recently returning from his latest spell of injury, he is just ten goals short of becoming the highest scoring player ever for England. Despite his constant injury worry, he is only twenty seven, and Charlton believes it won’t be long until that record is beaten too.

"Michael is certain to beat my record as long as he keeps fit and does not get any more injuries," he said. "That would please me immensely because he is a great little player. I admire anyone that has bounced back from a career-threatening injury like Michael has. I never had a serious injury, but it must have been lousy for him - so I'm really delighted for him now.”

That is what is so special about Charlton, his desire to see his club and country succeed. In the day of the modern footballer, wrapped up in his own success and praise, his own goals and records, his own glory and adoration, Sir Bobby is a true devotee of the game and the team.

His records should be beaten this season, and whilst it will be sad, it has to be said they will go to two worthy winners. However, the sheer length of time it’s taken for any player to get anywhere near his achievements prove what a great he is.
                So here’s to Bobby Charlton, the legend. Thirty four years and counting…

Click here for article with pictures and videos
                sigpic

Comment

lol, i love ronaldo as a player but i think he is a c0cky bugger that's all, keano is a thug/lout, did you see how he ended that man city palyerz career? i love the way they play football tho.

i dunno y but i will always LOVE solskjaer, miss him sooo much
                  you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by taha View Post
                    lol, i love ronaldo as a player but i think he is a c0cky bugger that's all, keano is a thug/lout, did you see how he ended that man city palyerz career? i love the way they play football tho.
                    i dunno y but i will always LOVE solskjaer, miss him sooo much
                    Alfe Haaland retired from an injury to his other knee rather than the one Keano took out after what had happened 3-4 seasons before when United played Leeds and Haaland screamed in his face Keano was faking it when in fact he had busted his knee ligaments and was out for the whole damn season, and knowing a fighting Irish lad, Keano was plotting revenge from that day onwards. Inexcusable but understandable.

You know, I personally dont think Ronaldo's c0cky or anything. Sure he's a bit extravagant on the pitch, but he isnt like that off it. He's a real down to earth guy and has certainly mellowed down with age. I love him nonetheless, the spirit of George Best would be proud of such a lad.

And we all know Solskjaer, I miss him immensely, not just because of his talent, his intelligence, and commitment but because of his sheer humbleness as well as loyalty to United over the years. He didnt want to quit United ever, and because of that he is now among the United coaching staff. The guy's a Red Devil through and through, although he was Liverpool fan growing up but we all know what he did for United the likes of Robbie 'Five Fat Fingers coke-sniffin' Fowler has never done for his team
                    sigpic

Comment

cristiano ronaldo screwed us in world cup.
                      but i dont care, he is one of my favorite players.
                      he seems to look ****y, but hes just a damn good player.
                      and most of us here dont want to admit it.

Comment

i have 4 solskjaer # 20 shirts, i dont have any other player names on my bak anymore jus numbers....there is only one ole gunner solskjaer
                        sigpic

Comment

another GREAT win for united.
                          couldve been 20-1.

Comment

We shall not be moved

When Agbonlahor scored, I was this will be a tough game. But then we are United and we tore them apart thanks to impatient Villa youngsters, their crap defence....and Rooney

I was already jumping when we went from 0-1 down to 3-1 up at half time. 2nd half, we literally TOYED with Villa and it hilarious to see them go 2 men down and the stadium already half empty with almost 15 minutes still to go.

Rooney should have scored that penalty, and was unlucky to hit the bar minutes later for a hat trick. Tevez, the lion that he is, ran his arse off, got an assist, and should have scored himself, unlucky little argie Nani was a blinder It was fun seeing Rooney shaking off the boos of being another United player becoming a scapegoat for England's own suckiness and destroying Villa with two peach of goals

Moral of the story: United > England
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
                              We shall not be moved

When Agbonlahor scored, I was this will be a tough game. But then we are United and we tore them apart thanks to impatient Villa youngsters, their crap defence....and Rooney

I was already jumping when we went from 0-1 down to 3-1 up at half time. 2nd half, we literally TOYED with Villa and it hilarious to see them go 2 men down and the stadium already half empty with almost 15 minutes still to go.

Rooney should have scored that penalty, and was unlucky to hit the bar minutes later for a hat trick. Tevez, the lion that he is, ran his arse off, got an assist, and should have scored himself, unlucky little argie Nani was a blinder It was fun seeing Rooney shaking off the boos of being another United player becoming a scapegoat for England's own suckiness and destroying Villa with two peach of goals

Moral of the story: United > England
                              you forgot ronaldos two shots almost went in..

and england does not suck man
                              im pissed enough that they might not go through for 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli34 View Post
                                cristiano ronaldo screwed us in world cup.
                                but i dont care, he is one of my favorite players.
                                he seems to look ****y, but hes just a damn good player.
                                and most of us here dont want to admit it.

what?

hes only good in EPL kaabi made an idiot of him and nesta almost broke his legs.

ronaldo comes to serie a or spanish league hed be shit

epl is the best league, but the defence sucks
                                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Working...
                                X