No announcement yet.

The United thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because Anderson has shown great promise immediately since Scholes' injury doesnt mean he wont be missed. Anderson had made our lives easier by giving some great midfield general performances since Scholes had to be away for three months game after game so much so that Scholes wasnt really missed. However, Anderson hasnt scored a goal yet (he will soon) and that is where Scholes' abilities of scoring a few crackers come in.

Had Anderson not been there, United's midfield would have looked lost and those balls to make Rooney, Tevez, and Ronaldo work would have never been as they are. So its all about conserving Scholes & Giggs so that they dnt get fatigued quickly by having ready made replacements (Anderson and Nani) at hand to make their longevity easier.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daei_The_King View Post
      I agree with u suprah but i cant help thinking that the time will come (probably sooner rahter than later) when scholes takes longer to recover after the more gruelling games. Its probably already started, though not enough that it affects his appearance tally. No-one's denying how important he is, and hwat he can bring to the team: i just think roon, ron, tevez and giggsy got it covered and that maybe the "scholes is crucial" comment wasnt justified. Gem? yes. Legend? Will be. Crucial to a manc side with the likes of the number 10, 11, 7 and 32? hmmm I dont think so.
      scholes is a game manager, we do need him.
      its like not having nekounam or mahdavikia on TM.
      giggs is also a game manager

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli34 View Post
        suprah do you know why carrick has been starting over hargreaves? i mean am i blind or is hargreaves better?
        Unfortunately since Hargreaves arrived, he has to deal with pain in his knee (tendinitis or whatever it is called) and that has restricted his first team a lot as of now by being injured as a result many times. However Carrick's inconsistencies aside, his quiet midfield cover for the defence as well as passing have been superb although Hargreaves does that whenever he plays and is a bit more efficient as a tackler and ball holding as well as performance wise than Carrick.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
          Unfortunately since Hargreaves arrived, he has to deal with pain in his knee (tendinitis or whatever it is called) and that has restricted his first team a lot as of now by being injured as a result many times. However Carrick's inconsistencies aside, his quiet midfield cover for the defence as well as passing have been superb although Hargreaves does that whenever he plays and is a bit more efficient as a tackler and ball holding as well as performance wise than Carrick.
          oh i see, thankyou i would rep you but i just did like 5 minutes ago lol.
          carrick just doesnt seem to have the "umph" he did last year, hes slow and doesnt pass as well. anderson is a gem, i cant belive that earlier on in the season i said he was useless.

Comment

suprah, my point is not that man u dont need scholes. Far from it, scholes is class personified. But i think that there will come a time, probably soon, wehre scholes wont be playing every week cos he cant/ manager thinks its best for him and the team. Im pointing out that with talent like manu have right now, ferguson's comment that scholes is "crucial" is damn wrong. I would happily bet that manu win the title without scholes playing a single game for the rest of the season. HOWEVER, they will win it far easier, and with a hell of a lot more attractive and entertaining (and classy) football with scholesy in the team. d'you see what im saying? Lemme do a jose mourinho:

scholes is a good egg. but there are many good eggs already in this omelette. another good egg will make it so much of a better omelette but it is such a good omelette already, that the man who will eat the omelette (pleasing the man is winning the EPL title) will be pleased with the omelette whether or not the schoels egg is in it. of course he will be more pleased if the scholes egg is in the omelette, but either way, he will pay a fine tip. Comprende amigo? DAMN I had so much fun typing that!
            Backing Daei since 1992, to this day.
            GazKhor

Comment

Lemme do a jose mourinho:
              scholes is a good egg. but there are many good eggs already in this omelette. another good egg will make it so much of a better omelette but it is such a good omelette already, that the man who will eat the omelette (pleasing the man is winning the EPL title) will be pleased with the omelette whether or not the schoels egg is in it. of course he will be more pleased if the scholes egg is in the omelette, but either way, he will pay a fine tip. Comprende amigo? DAMN I had so much fun typing that!
              i lost you at lemme do a morinho lol

Comment

Eggs and omellete aside, it is fair to say that 'United dont need Scholes' but I disagree. True he isnt the man the entire team is based around (like a Gerrard or a Lampard or hell Elano at Citeh for that matter) but as long as he can play at the highest level week in week out when fit, it doesnt matter to me nor Fergie.

Scholes has seen it and done it all for United, but he is still going and as I said before, his experience and mild manners make him a great positive influence on the younger folks by schooling and mentoring them in the dressing room as well as on the field.
                sigpic

Comment

oh come on! that has got to cbe close to quote of the month!! does masoud still do the PFDC times? If that aint on it!!!
                  GazKhor

Comment

The Busby Babes together for the last time before the crash

Left to Right: Duncan Edwards, Eddie Colman,Mark Jones, Ken Morgans, Bobby Charlton, Dennis Viollet, Tommy Taylor, Bill Foulkes, Harry Gregg, Albert Scanlon, Roger Byrne.

FK Partizan vs Manchester United - European Cup QF second leg (which United won) February 1958
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
                      The Busby Babes together for the last time before the crash

Left to Right: Duncan Edwards, Eddie Colman,Mark Jones, Ken Morgans, Bobby Charlton, Dennis Viollet, Tommy Taylor, Bill Foulkes, Harry Gregg, Albert Scanlon, Roger Byrne.

FK Partizan vs Manchester United - European Cup QF second leg (which United won) February 1958
                      duncan edards was a biggg man.

Comment

DAMN footie kit was so much hotter back then!
                        GazKhor

Comment

The tragic brilliance that was Duncan Edwards as described by Sir Matt Busby and Sir Bobby Charlton

The lad was built like a tank, had great pace and acceleration for his time, had a fierce shot, great passing vision, good in the air, and a hard but fair tackler. Many in England, esp. those who witnessed him, say he had what it took to be the best all-round footballer the world had ever seen. Certainly he would have been England's rock in the coming World Cups for he attacking and defending for United.
                          sigpic

Comment

suprah mate, why cahnge ur pic? I was only kidding about the clock, there are many different times that are logged apparently.... your one was one of them, bt 2 or 3 minutes past three was another.... i was kidding
                            GazKhor

Comment

suprah mate, why cahnge ur pic? I was only kidding about the clock, there are many different times that are logged apparently.... your one was one of them, bt 2 or 3 minutes past three was another.... i was kidding
                              oh

I thought the time in my image was wrong so had to change

besides i had it for months now
                              sigpic

Comment

truth is, the actual time is should be set to is 3:04, I did a bit of readin. and here's a later xmas present or early eid or whatever, :

just dont say u got it from me, my scouse boys are mad enough as it is since i admitted that thing about CR7...
                                GazKhor

Comment

Working...
                                X