No announcement yet.

2006 FIFA Club World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So close. Who would have thought it was the Brazilian champs that would need an offside goal and a deflection off the post to beat a club from the Mideast? I've never heard so much praise for Egyptian football on American television. I've been enjoying it despite the heart-breaking loss. And at least the Brazilian coach admitted Ahly were unlucky not to win.. "Our opponents hit the post and their equalising goal came out of the blue. Maybe fortune favoured us today."

Match stats from FIFA.com:

SHOTS ON GOAL: Ahly (EGYPT) 4:5 Internacional (BRAZIL)

FOULS COMMITTED: Ahly (EGYPT) 12:17 Internacional (BRAZIL)

CORNER KICKS: Ahly (EGYPT) 4:5 Internacional (BRAZIL)

CAUTIONS: Ahly (EGYPT) 2:2 Internacional (BRAZIL)

BALL POSSESSION: Ahly (EGYPT) 51%:49% Internacional (BRAZIL)

Photos:

[img]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/7c/full.getty-fbl-jpn-wclub-bra-egy_8_43_04_am.jpg/[img]

Comment

Awesome result. Go Inter!
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy
        Awesome result. Go Inter!
        awww... my signiture erk you?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh
          awww... my signiture erk you?
          Please stick to the topic of the thread. The mods have already requested that you not bring politics into the football discussion. See this thread for further clarification of this matter:
          http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ad.php?t=38022
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

lol ur odd dude

Comment

I watched Ahly - Inter live. I think Ahly played pretty well, but Inter controled the game somewhat more. I liked Ahly's goal, beautiful header.

Good luck to them.

Btw, did anyone see that scene from the Brazilian player (I think the one that got injured, with the yellow football shoes) where he kept the ball bouncing on his shoulder and ran with it? He seems to be a great talent, how old is he?
              Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_
                I watched Ahly - Inter live. I think Ahly played pretty well, but Inter controled the game somewhat more. I liked Ahly's goal, beautiful header.

Good luck to them.

Btw, did anyone see that scene from the Brazilian player (I think the one that got injured, with the yellow football shoes) where he kept the ball bouncing on his shoulder and ran with it? He seems to be a great talent, how old is he?
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No9KFGesM2A

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_
                  Good luck to them.
                  My view may be a little biased but I feel after the first 20 minutes or so, the game was pretty much Ahly's, surprisingly. That Pato kid is a terror. Tall, strong, fast, technically gifted. I do think he played for himself a bit though. He'll learn that that's the quickest way to earn a spot on the bench.

Jeonbuk Motors beat Auckland City FC 3-0 to claim 5th spot while Auckland City finish last. Sunday morning is the 3rd place game between Ahly and America (Mexico), followed a few hours later by the final between Inter and Barca.

Comment

Originally posted by soniq
                    ahh, so that is "the duck" everyones talkin bout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwaeukCEhgo

Comment

Damn, internacional is leading 1-0. 5 mins left, GO BARCA!!!!!!!!!
                      FC BARCELONA & ESTEGHLAL

Comment

inter beat barcelona 1-0
                        ahly beat club america 2-1

abu treika top scorer in the tournment with 3 goals

Comment

Congratz to Inter
                          well played!

Comment

Congrats to Abo Treika and all Ahly fans, which certain extend beyond Egypt. Ahly with the most goals, Abo Treika with the golden boot as Pali mentioned. Treika won't be playing in Egypt much longer I'd imagine. 2006 has been pretty good for Egyptian football. The only major blemish of course being the dogfight in Group 3 of World Cup qualifying which saw Egypt, Cameroon, and Ivory Coast beat the crap out of each other and Ivory Coast emerging group winners. Revenge was gained in the Nations Cup final though .

Congrats to Inter. Barca definitely played better, but goals are what count. This game was very similar to last year's final.

Comment

how many al ahlis are there? There is 1 in uae, saudi arabia, egypt...

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34
                                how many al ahlis are there? There is 1 in uae, saudi arabia, egypt...
                                Good question. All I know is the Egyptian Ahly is the original, and has been around 100 years. Longer than Saudi has even been a country pretty much .

Comment

Working...
                                X