Liverpool Thread, for the fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MATCH REPORT:

In yesterday's match at home to Fulham, a Liverpool side that was dominant through much of the game, with at least 8 clear cut chances to score, finally made a breakthrough in the 81st minute when substitute Fernando Torres twisted one way, then the other, to lose his marksman and then score with a brilliant left footed shot.

It was hilarious that, Pepe Reina, Liverpool's spanish goalkeeper, ran all the way from his end of the field to congratulate his hamvatan! It was so sweet! And the program I watched for highlights didnt show him running but it was hilarious to imagine a man in a yellow shirt sprinting all the way down the pitch to join in the congratulations!!! SO CUTE!!!

Anyway, a few minutes later, Crouchie boy was clipped on teh back of the heel. He was half in, half out of the penalty area, and since he fell into the penalty area, penalty was given. Personally, and even as a liverpool fan, i dont think it was a penalty, but hell, i aint complaining. Steven Gerrard completely misguided the keeper, and hit it into the right corner, with the keeper diving left (or the other way round, depending on whether you take the goalies perspective or gerrards! )

Final score, 2-0, but could've been another 8-0, the amount of chances that were saved and some that Voronin and co messed up before torres showed 'em how its done!!!!

Well done boys, and especially el nino!

so, what d'you think of the match report? ^^^^
    Backing Daei since 1992, to this day.
    GazKhor

Comment

FIVE TIMES !!!!

from the BBC:

Dirk Kuyt has become the fifth Liverpool footballer to be burgled in less than 18 months.
      The 27-year-old striker's luxury home in Woolton was targeted on Thursday while he was away on international duty with home country Holland.

Merseyside Police confirmed they were investigating a burglary in Woolton.

The Merseyside home of Jerzy Dudek, Liverpool's goalkeeper from the 2005 Champions League final penalty shoot-out, was burgled in June 2006.

The raid at Kuyt's house is the latest to see a footballers' home targeted in the city while they are away playing a match.

Burnt-out Porsche

Dudek, who now plays for Real Madrid, was on holiday in Poland when thieves took his Porsche car, jewellery and a large haul of football memorabilia from across his career, including his European Cup medal.

Pepe Reina was burgled while he played for Liverpool in last May's Champions League semi-final against Chelsea.

He also had his Porsche taken during the raid, among other things, with the car later found burnt-out in West Derby.

Reds defender Daniel Agger had his Wirral home burgled in September last year and striker Peter Crouch's house in Alderley Edge was targeted in the same month while he was on England duty.
      YOU'VE BEEN BURGLED 5 TIMES
      YOU'VE BEEN BURGLED 5 TIIIIIMES
      IN 18 MONTHS
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
        FIVE TIMES !!!!

YOU'VE BEEN BURGLED 5 TIIIIIMES
        IN 18 MONTHS

Suprah you gotta stop robbing these guys, 5 times dude, damn haven't you ever stopped and realized that Kuyt might have loved that electronic massager?
        The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
        For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
        http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
        http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
        http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
        http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

Originally posted by PersianMadrid7 View Post
          Suprah you gotta stop robbing these guys, 5 times dude, damn haven't you ever stopped and realized that Kuyt might have loved that electronic massager?
          Dont worry, I donated it to Duncan Ferguson of Everton as soon as I got it.

On a serious note, looks like Everton and Liverpool fans have their own robbing gangs that raids their rival players' homes every now and then, and it looks like Liverpool bears the brunt of it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
            Dont worry, I donated it to Duncan Ferguson of Everton as soon as I got it.

On a serious note, looks like Everton and Liverpool fans have their own robbing gangs that raids their rival players' homes every now and then, and it looks like Liverpool bears the brunt of it.
            yeah I don't see it as being serious, but when Messi's house was robbed that was sad cause he lost jersey's and personal football trophies along with it.
            The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
            For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
            http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
            http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
            http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
            http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

these players should invest in some security.

Comment

Moving on from Surpah's gleeful boasting about his latest robbery, Liverpool bulldozed over a woeful Newcastle today, in a performance that saw Steven Gerrard back to his cracking best.

Though initially taunted for the 'slight' slip up in the mid-week international, Gerrard soon silenced the Magpies with his trademark long distance shots (which can only be described as cannon-balls) when a free-kick at 30 yards was given for a nasty challenge on Torres. Dont worry guys, El Nino was not hurt..

We should've been up 2-0 at half time, and Newcastle should've been down to ten men, but the ref didnt see Shay Given handle the ball outside his area - Torres would have scored in the empty goal if Given hadnt committed this foul.

The second goal was a bit of a shambles. No one really knew what happened until the ball was in the back of teh net- i think it came off Dirk Kuyt's shin. ***NOTE: that has been confirmed courtesy of BBC sport***

After loads more wasted chances, (mainly by torres...oh dear), Ryan Babel played a neat little one-two with gerrard and side-footed the ball into the net. Frankly, it could've been 6-0 or so - Very embarassing for Newcastle at St James Park!

After the first goal and a terrible substitution (I forget who - it doesnt matter really, cause they lost), Newcastle fans decided to boo manager Sam Allardyce instead. "You don't know what you're doing" was heard all around teh stadium!

Final Score - 3-0
                GazKhor

Comment

Babel is one of my fav players, good to see him doing well.

Comment

what a game yesterday for the reds, queresma can fk off for what he said YNWA

Comment

torres is a freak

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post
                        torres is a freak
                        hes amazing dude.

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post
                          torres is a freak
                          :bs: pffffffffft.

Comment

Originally posted by doober View Post
                            :bs: pffffffffft.
                            he looks like a 12 year old kid
                            i suspect you of bieng a pedophile

Comment

Originally posted by Arian View Post
                              what a game yesterday for the reds, queresma can fk off for what he said YNWA
                              What the lil mofo say?
                              GazKhor

Comment

Originally posted by Daei_The_King View Post
                                What the lil mofo say?
                                read this:

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=496069

"They will weep with despair."

“We know that a win, or even a draw, will put us into the next round. We should have beaten them in the first game at our stadium but they were lucky to get a draw."

Comment

Working...
                                X