• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

van der vaart?! thats a surprise much

Comment

Latest News:
      Benayoun & Riera out for at least a month

Torres is a very very very major doubt for Man City game in 10 days.
      Johnson, Gerrard and Agger have all withdrawn from their international teams because of minor injuries so they will stay fit for Man City game.
      the only players going on national duty are Masch, Pepe, Kuyt, Lucas, Babel and Aurelio.
      assuming Torres doesn't make it, and no one else gets injured in international friendlies, I think the line up should look like:

----------------Pepe------------------
      Glenny----Carragher---Agger-----Insua
      -----------Lucas------Masch----------
      ---Kuyt--------Stevie--------Aurelio---
      ----------------N'Gog-----------------

Subs: Cavs, Skrtel, Aquilani, Babel, Kelly, Voronin , Elzhar
      if Torres somehow makes it, put him on for N'Gog, and N'Gog replaces Voronin on the bench.

Aquilani is still very rusty, and it's still too early to start him.

despite first team getting bad results, Liverpool reserve team is winning the Reserve league beating every one.
      maybe we should sell a few fringe players, but 1-2 quality players, and promote some reserves.
      and last thing, Nemeth our young striker on loan scored another goal on the weekend for AEK and assisted another one.
      if we sign Cole in January, and get rid of Voronin
      we'll have a good Strike force next season since N'Gog and Nemeth are improving drastically

Torres (25 yrs old)
      Cole (26 yrs old)
      N'Gog (20 yrs old)
      Nemeth (20 yrs old)
      ---------
      4 strikers is good enough as we play with only 1 striker upfront

Comment

^
        Damn I wonder if its luck or something else like bad training or players just faking injuries lol

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
          ^
          Damn I wonder if its luck or something else like bad training or players just faking injuries lol
          Benayoun and Riera both tore their hamstring on monday in the Birmingham game. when chasing for a ball to keep it in play they tackled and the hamstring was torn :|. it didn't happen in training
          as for SG and FT they got their injuries in their national teams last month and are still suffering.

Rafa is pissed at Capello, and asked Glen to withdraw from the squad for a meaningless game in Qatar, as he carries a small grion problem and missed both Lyon games and Fulham game cause of that.
          Aurelio is an injury prone, he hasn't played since Man U game where he was fantastic, but he insists on joining Brazil national team, as it will be his chance to shine and impress Dunga.
          Agger, our best CB by a mile, has always had back problems, but again Rafa is being cautious with players and since it's only friendlies the national team coaches are co-operating with them and he will surely be available for City game.

first Aquilani and Aurelio are injured, then Torres and Gerrard get injured. Gerrard comes back and gets injured after 20 minutes. Torres comes back and now Johnson gets injured. Aurelio comes back and then Riera goes injured. Aquilani comes back, but then he catches a virus. then on one day the whole team catches a virus, so we have to travel to Fulham with 7 reserve players in the squad. finally Gerrard comes back, but now Torres is injured. Aquilani makes his debut, and Benayoun and Riera tear their hamstring. I think there is a curse on us this season lol
          I wonder how the fuk garbage players like Voronin, Babel, and Kyrgia*** never get injured. so weird

and mark my words

at least 2 other players are going to get injured this week on international duty. my bet is on Mascherano and Aurelio

Comment

the funny think about N'Gog's dive is that if he would have just kept running in a normal manner, there would have been contact with the defender and it would have resulted in an actual penalty. There was really no need to dive like that.

Comment

Originally posted by raminio05 View Post
              the funny think about N'Gog's dive is that if he would have just kept running in a normal manner, there would have been contact with the defender and it would have resulted in an actual penalty. There was really no need to dive like that.
              javoonie va khariat

Comment

^true. Hopefully he matures out of it

Comment

Originally posted by Kaebi View Post
                  ^^ why the hell would diarra leave real for liverpool when he's first choice at the real? lol
                  i dunno why but rumours say hes unhappy at madrid

Comment

Originally posted by Arian View Post
                    i dunno why but rumours say hes unhappy at madrid
                    well he got subsituted in second half against alcorcon while he has playing great and motm at that moment, not only he must have been pissed but also the fans chanted against pelligirni and whistles was so clear.

But I doubt he wants to leave Madrid and madrid dont want to give him up.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
                      well he got subsituted in second half against alcorcon while he has playing great and motm at that moment, not only he must have been pissed but also the fans chanted against pelligirni and whistles was so clear.

But I doubt he wants to leave Madrid and madrid dont want to give him up.
                      with perez at the helm you never know what to expect,jackass decisions are the norm

Comment

we have no luck,,,here is the latest injury news which is a blow considering Torres is out for the Man City game:

Liverpool striker David Ngog fractures his nose training with France U21s/ Injury news
                        16/11/2009Liverpool striker David Ngog is the latest injury worry for Rafa Benitez whilst on international duty.

Ngog was involved in a clash in training yesterday with the French Under-21s and reports this morning claim he has broken his nose.

The 20-year-old striker is now a major doubt for the Under-21 European Championship qualifying match with Slovenia on Tuesday night.

Ngog has made seven appearances for Liverpool in the Premier League and Champions League this season, scoring three goals. David Ngog Back to Global News User Comments:Add Your Comment

Comment

fml

Comment

found this article from the official website
                            form 2003, apparently CRONALDO almost agreed terms with Liverpool too, before the owners said he is too expensive for $5 MIL

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/archi...30619-0839.htm

Portuguese star Cristiano Ronaldo has sent Gerard Houllier a ’come and get me’ plea in the hope of securing a dream move to Anfield
                            Portuguese star Cristiano Ronaldo has sent Gerard Houllier a 'come and get me' plea in the hope of securing a dream move to Anfield.

The Sporting Lisbon star, who is rated at #5 million, has been linked with a transfer to the Reds over recent days and Ronaldo admits he would love to play for Liverpool.

Ronaldo, 19, said: "Liverpool are one of the best clubs in England and it would be a dream for any player to represent a club of such traditions.

"I will have to hope they make an offer that is good for both Sporting and myself.

"The English league is not one of my favourites, but it is very interesting. I think my way of playing can be reconciled in the Premiership. If a player has quality then he can play anywhere.

"Let's see how things turn out. I am going to continue working as hard as ever."

Liverpool have dismissed speculation that they have already tabled a bid for the 19 year old.

Comment

Dedicated to the Best Captain in the World

"When the bus arrived back in Liverpool, I didn't want to get out. I thought it wouldn't be long until I was out permanently, sent back to the Under-19s with a note marked 'not good enough'."
                              It was December 1998 when Steven Gerrard felt this way. He was 18, and had just seen his first senior start for Liverpool ruined. Ruined by David Ginola and a 2-1 defeat
                              . He had Paul Ince on his back, and crippling self-doubt in his head. "I was out of position and out of my depth," he would later reveal.
                              Fast forward eleven years, and Gerrard is preparing for a trip to Blackburn Rovers this weekend which will mark his 500th appearance in the red of Liverpool. It is a remarkable achievement, especially for someone still six months shy of his 30th birthday.
                              He may not be having the best run of form this season - mirroring the team's troubles - but Gerrard remains integral to Liverpool, and has been ever since that chastening lesson from Ginola in North London.
                              He was deployed as a right wing-back that day, a pawn in Gerard Houllier's experimental 3-5-2 formation, and he would feature at right full-back and right-midfield throughout the 1998/99 season, impressing with his ferocious tackling and long-range passing.
                              But he was a central midfielder at heart, and once he was switched infield - aided by the exit of his captain and tormentor Ince - he began to really shine. His first goal came in 1999 at Anfield against Sheffield Wednesday - it will be ten years exactly since that strike when Gerrard lines up at Ewood Park on Saturday.
                              Despite a series of growth-related injury problems, Gerrard was a key figure under Houllier, as Liverpool ended the 2000/2001 season with an unprecedented treble of cups, scoring in the UEFA Cup final against Alaves. England recognition had already arrived, and the skinny kid from Huyton was growing into a man, and fast.
                              His goals tally began to improve - including a League Cup final strike in 2003 - as did his discipline. Early indiscretions - a derby day stamp on Everton's Kevin Campbell, a horror-challenge of Aston Villa's George Boateng - were replaced by maturity on the pitch, prompting Houllier to award Gerrard the Liverpool club captaincy in late 2003. It was, he says, "an unbelievable honour".
                              Crowning glory | Gerrard triumphed in Istanbul
                              Houllier's reign was ultimately doomed, and when the Frenchman departed Anfield in May 2004, it seemed his captain may be set to follow him out of the door. Liverpool were in decline, and a cash-laden Chelsea were waiting outside Gerrard's door.
                              But, just like he would do the following year, Gerrard resisted the overtures from West London, opting to stay and spearhead the Rafa Benitez revolution on Merseyside.
                              And how glad he was that he did. Benitez's first season may have been below-par domestically - Gerrard even scored an own-goal against Chelsea in the 2005 League Cup final - but in Europe they embarked upon an unforgettable journey to the Champions League final in Istanbul.
                              The final itself looked like it would become very forgettable, however. AC Milan were three-up and cruising by half-time, and Gerrard was back in Ginola territory ("out of position and out of my depth").
                              However, the captain inspired the greatest comeback in modern times, scoring the first and winning the penalty for the third as Liverpool fought back to 3-3, before securing a historic fifth European Cup in a shoot-out. It was the defining moment of Gerrard's career, and cemented his place among the pantheon of Liverpool legends forever.
                              As did his performance in the FA Cup final a year later. Liverpool made hard work of a mid-table West Ham side at Cardiff's Milennium Stadium, but Gerrard again turned things around. He created one goal and scored two of his own, before netting his penalty as the Reds secured another spot-kick success. The match would go down in history as "The Gerrard Final".
                              Liverpool have not won a major trophy since that 2006 triumph in Cardiff, and Gerrard is more vocal than most in his desire for a Premier League title, but the influence of their skipper remains huge. He is Liverpool's most-capped player of all time - no mean feat considering the legends to have represented the club - and the records continue to tumble.
                              Last season saw him blast past the 100-goal mark for the club, as well as secure the Football Writers' Player of the Year award. His reputation is such that he was named second only to Kenny Dalglish in the official website's "100 Players who shook the Kop".
                              He may have to wait another year at least for that much-coveted Premier League medal, but one thing is certain : when people of any age talk of Liverpool legends, Steven Gerrard's name is one of the first that springs to mind.

Comment

chelsea is the best

Comment

Working...
                                X