No announcement yet.

Liverpool Thread, for the fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firstly, I admire your honesty about steven gerrard.. i didn't think liverpool fans would say the same thing as you do.

However, despite saying that, he is still the CAPTAIN of the club, and still your IMPORTANT player.. give me the stats, with and without gerrard, and the winning game ratio. If younger players are frightened of him, then they ahve to fix up , not steven gerrard.

Also, regarding Capello, I think Gerrards left-wing spot is under threat with the emergence of Milner and Joe Cole.
    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

There have been rumours about Rafa holding talks with Juve to take over either now or in the summer (more probable). his agent said "anything is possible" and when Rafa was asked about it after Wolves game he said "I wanna talk about the game, and he laughed"

wouldn't be surprised if Mou took over in the summer. since Hiddink doesn't do long-term. maybe King Kenny. those are the only choices I can think of.

if he goes, we'll always remember 25.05.05 and what he said in half-time talk.

All the players who go on
      the pitch after half-time have
      to keep their heads held high.
      We are Liverpool. You are
      playing for Liverpool.
      Do not forget that.
      You have to hold your
      heads high for the supporters.
      You have to do it for them.
      You cannot call yourselves
      Liverpool players if you have
      your heads down.
      If we create a few chances
      we have the possibility of
      getting back into this.
      Believe you can do it and you will.
      Give yourself the chance
      to be heroes."

(Rafa Benitez – Half time.
      Ataturk Stadium. Istanbul.
      25th May 2005)

Comment

another MOTM performance by Kyrgia***. he was fuking awesome, bought us a goal.

Insua was nearly perfect too, totally owned their RB.
        Mascherano had a good game, and Gerrard was awesome in the second half

Aquilani was off the pace and poor today, but still came up with a beautiful assist, so I can't complain

Comment

^^^

YAY!! Im glad his confidence raised since his bad start earlier in the season, but he's one tough cookie, slow..but no1 beats him in the air, and for 1.5m, not bad!

I hope Liverpool make a push for the top 4, always a fun, exciting team
          Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
            ^^^
            YAY!! Im glad his confidence raised since his bad start earlier in the season, but he's one tough cookie, slow..but no1 beats him in the air, and for 1.5m, not bad!
            I hope Liverpool make a push for the top 4, always a fun, exciting team
            Thanks man

he's becoming a cult hero among the Kop, since we have only conceded 1 goal in the last 4 games in all of which he started.

He will have a huge task next week to maitain Tim Cahill and Fellaini who both are great in the air.

someone on RAWK was suggesting this team for next week because of Kyrgia***' good performances and form. I lol'd

--------------------Reina----------------------
            -----------------Kyrgia***---------------------
            -----------------------------------------------
            ---Maxi--Mascherano--Gerrard--Lucas----Riera--
            ------------------Aquilani----------------------
            ----------Kuyt------Ngog-------Pacheco--------

Kyrgia*** = clean sheet

it was his comment, so funny

Comment

good classy performance by liverpool yesterday.
              finally rafa puts up a good team to start with in the line up with good subs for once this whole season lol

however i don't get it. babel is x10 better than Ngog? what's the prob with him and liverpool fans wanting him to leave lol

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
                good classy performance by liverpool yesterday.
                finally rafa puts up a good team to start with in the line up with good subs for once this whole season lol

however i don't get it. babel is x10 better than Ngog? what's the prob with him and liverpool fans wanting him to leave lol

here is the difference between the 2:
                Babel: Faster, Physically Stronger, Better shot
                Ngog: better footballing brain, better passing, better header, better first touch and control

Babel is very frustrating, he commits too many stupid useless fouls on opposition's defenders. his shots are always off target, and he usually makes the wrong decisions in regard to shooting or passing. However, He may have scored the chance Ngog missed today, but he would have definitely missed a few chances that Ngog has converted during the season. Babel can however, come up with a moment of brilliance like his goal against Lyon. but he is the definition of inconsistent.

Ngog, only 20 has to play upfront on his own and replace one of the best strikers in the world. He contrls the ball well and links up well with the players, do one and twos and he doesn't lose possession as much as Babel.

Liverpool fans llike Ngog more, because he is more consistent, is a nice guy that never moans or complains and tries hard.

Babel on the other hand, instead of trying to prove himself when given a chance, go and makes music videos of dutch rap, and go on twitter revealing the team news.

Rafa today said: Babel will stay, I was hoping he would leave. not only for the club and the money we need, but for Ryan himself

He looks like those cool guys who are hot and cold at times, but if he wants to go to South Africa, he needs to play football regularly, and he won't get it at Liverpool with Kuyt,Maxi, Benayoun and Riera all better than him. not to mention Torres will be back in a month.

I miss Glen Johnson though. He'll be out for a while still

Comment

^right I never knew that. just that I remember that last season he was a super sub in some games coming on to score crucial goals to get 3 points.

damn looks like babel has some major issues in liverpool. i think he's just not suited for liverpool i guess knowing how well he did for ajax when he was much younger.

Comment

found this pic from April 08

the game Riise fuked up

I had just turned 17 at the time

school was RED n BLUE that day

and I used to wear glasses at the time

Comment

My freind went to that match, was singing YNWA at the kop.. Kalou sends a dangerous cross, and Riise heads it home.. The kop was silenced.

Big match for Liverpool. I would be surprised if they beat City at eastlands,however Liverpool have been keeping things tight at the back.. I'm expecting a 1-1 draw.
                      I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Tevez is out. He has decided to ditch city at last minute for some family issues in Argentina

Bellamy out too.

final prediction. 1-1

Comment

just have to bump this thread to state a fact:

PEPE REINA IS THE BEST GOALKEEPER IN ENGLAND AND TOP 3 IN THE WORLD

his last minute save against Blackburn was amazingly amazing considering he had dislocated his shoulder earlier on, but kept playing for the tea.

IKER WHO ????????????????????????????????

Comment

fantastic save..
                            no-one doubts Reina's agility and shot-stopping ability, however he is very vulnerable in coming out to crosses and punching them. He's distribution is one of the best though.

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
                              fantastic save..
                              no-one doubts Reina's agility and shot-stopping ability, however he is very vulnerable in coming out to crosses and punching them. He's distribution is one of the best though.
                              the only area where he still have some room for improvement is high balls for sure.

but again, when a brilliant header plays @ CB (last year Hyypia, this year Kyrgia***), Reina's job is so easier. for example the game @ Stoke, he was fantastic in dealing with high balls, because Kyrgia*** was there for help for the balls which were outta Reina's reach.

but when none of the CBs are great headers, he has to take care of the entire box and thus the risk of unsuccessful punches go up. and he is often fouled by the opposition attackers.

I've noticed Given is pretty much the same, Given's weakness is dealing with high balls as well, same with Casillas and back in day-Kahn.

sounds like most of the great goalies of this decade are having problems with high balls and in better words, Commanding the box.

even in this game, the second goal was initiated by Reina, distributing the ball for Torres, just to be headed back y Samba, then an instant through ball by Lucas, intercepted and Maxi pass, Torres bang.

but the favorite one is obviously his assist to Dossena last year , and Riera one week after that.

Comment

No comment

Comment

Working...
                                X