Liverpool Thread, for the fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daei_The_King View Post
    Man U this saturday, and following our destruction and demolition of Marseille away, this one at Anfield will probably be a walk in the park. 2-0 to the home side unless Torres, Gerrard, Carragher, Reina, Mascherano and Babel all happen to simultaneously catch the flu.... Keep the faith Mancs, you never know, its cold this time of year and it might just happen (its about your oly chance of winning anyway...)
    Dont forget to take your aspirin and tylenol after today....oh and the soup kitchens are open on the streets just in case you fall hungry.
    sigpic

Comment

he goes by the carlos tevez... tope of the league!

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
        Dont forget to take your aspirin and tylenol after today....oh and the soup kitchens are open on the streets just in case you fall hungry.
        :bs:

And the mancs hit even lower levels as they attempt to upset the London girl. Oh, you didnt know i dont ACTUALLY live in Liverpool?

What can you do.... you win some, you lose some. COME ON LFC, we have a game in hand.
        Backing Daei since 1992, to this day.
        GazKhor

Comment

fernando Torez plays like masoud shojaei, i'm not joking, they resemble each other in playing style alot

Comment

torres is a genius

oh i hate mancs. there are a thousand excuses when they lose (luck, bad referees, the oposing manager shouting at the players, the pitch not being up to standard, the fans tossing missiles) but when they win, it is not luck, but 'greatness'.

At least Rafa is able to admit that we have areas to work on. Mancs just ignore their many faults and that, my friends, is why Manchester 'United' will never gain the prestige that Liverpool had in the times of the greats like Shankley and co.......
            GazKhor

Comment

Man U this saturday, and following our destruction and demolition of Marseille away, this one at Anfield will probably be a walk in the park. 2-0 to the home side unless Torres, Gerrard, Carragher, Reina, Mascherano and Babel all happen to simultaneously catch the flu.... Keep the faith Mancs, you never know, its cold this time of year and it might just happen (its about your oly chance of winning anyway...)
              Hahahahaha, I can't believe u thought Liverpool would actually win well u got a rude awakening there

Comment

torres is a genius
                oh i hate mancs. there are a thousand excuses when they lose (luck, bad referees, the oposing manager shouting at the players, the pitch not being up to standard, the fans tossing missiles) but when they win, it is not luck, but 'greatness'.
                At least Rafa is able to admit that we have areas to work on. Mancs just ignore their many faults and that, my friends, is why Manchester 'United' will never gain the prestige that Liverpool had in the times of the greats like Shankley and co.......
                We dont shout excuses and nor do we moan as much as Mr Pubic Hair Benitez. SIlly girl.

You are a bygone club...and even in your times of glory, we would end up beating you with the likes of Albiston, Coppell, Robson, Stappleton, and of course the 'Scourge of the Scousers' Norman Whiteside - while horribly inconsistent in those dark days of the 1970s and 1980s, would almost ALWAYS beat both Everton and Liverpool home and away and it continues under Sir Alex Ferguson too
                sigpic

Comment

so many statistics to shout at you, so little time
                  GazKhor

Comment

so all you red fans....what do you think...?
                    is benitez gonna make it through this year?

i personally like him and outside morniho i doubt if they can find a better replacement for him...!
                    nevertheless i believe rafa needs to stop his bs rotation system and start playing his best 11 game in, game out...except few occasions when they have more than 1 game a week..!

Comment

a new weekend, a new game, and a brand new chance to slap the doubters in the face. Right, team news:

Alonso been training for 2 and half weeks now, and he;s feeling good, been doing normal tackles in training. But like he said, the only way to really heal is to get games games and more games. he's included in the squad, but i doubt he will play from the start, I dont know. He may, he may not.

Peter Crouch, Steve Finnan and Daniel Agger will not be playing: Banned, Injured, Injured respectively.

I predict 2-0 or 3-1, The game is at anfield, btw.

Squads:
                      Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Hyypia, Riise, Kewell, Gerrard, Mascherano, Benayoun, Alonso, Kuyt, Torres, Aurelio, Babel, Crouch, Finnan, Hobbs, Itandje, Leiva, Voronin, Sissoko.

James, Johnson, Campbell, Distin, Hreidarsson, Utaka, Davis, Diop, Muntari, Kranjcar, Pedro Mendes, Benjani, Kanu, Taylor, Nugent, Lauren, Hughes, Ashdown.
                      GazKhor

Comment

It may have been ugly, annoying, scary, nail-bitingly frustrating and infuriating all rolled in one, but as usual, Nando and Gerrard delivered!!! A spectacular bit of trickery from the spaniard gave the first, and right on 20 minutes, gerrard picked up a rebounding ball in the middle of quite some havoc to net the winner. YOU KILL YOUR FANS LIVERPOOL, but you always deliver,so we love you all the same!
                        GazKhor

Comment

Hi guys, yes i do realise ive made two posts in a row, with little time between them. Thing is, ive realised PFDC is too addictive for me, and during my exam time thats not a good thing. Im gonna ask some kind mod to have mercy!!! and ban me for a bit.

In the mean time, its been great talking to you all, particularly my liverpool lads, you all know who you are!!! Dont let the mancs run us out of town while im gone!!!!

Love u all and will miss u lots xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                          GazKhor

Comment

How Liverpool lost the title they have never won

From 365:

Long before he decided on the inspirational idea of playing one up front against Wigan at home, Rafa had made a series of baffling decisions in seven other games. It's just so frustrating...

Portsmouth 0 Liverpool 0 (September 15)
                            Having hit Derby for six in their last match - with Fernando Torres scoring twice - Rafa thought it was perfectly sensible to partner Peter Crouch (in his first start of the season) and Andriy Voronin at Portsmouth and leave Steven Gerrard and Torres on the bench in preparation for their Champions League tie with Porto three days later. Funnily enough, this less-than-dangerous strikeforce failed to trouble Sol Campbell and Sylvain Distin, who really are rather good, and only Jose Reina saved them from defeat.

Liverpool 0 Birmingham 0 (September 22)
                            Not deterred by the failure of a Torres-less Liverpool to break down Portsmouth, Rafa left him on the bench again and paired perennial trier Dirk Kuyt and Voronin in attack. A ten-man Birmingham defence snuffed out the Reds' attack and Benitez once again failed to get the better of master tactician Steve Bruce. That Torres then played in the Carling Cup - and destroyed - Reading a few days later, only made it hurt more.

Liverpool 1 Arsenal 1 (October 28)
                            After buying Yossi Benayoun and Ryan Babel in the summer to add some much-needed width, Rafa did not have the balls to actually play them in big games. Instead, he opted for a Chelsea-like formation with Stevie G, Javier Mascherano and Xabi Alonso in a midfield three in an attempt to snuff out Cesc Fabregas. This left Kuyt and Voronin on the flanks - offering a great deal of effort but very little guile. They scored first and tried to hang on. But failed.

Blackburn 0 Liverpool 0 (November 3)
                            Without the injured Torres, but instead of partnering Kuyt with Crouch (which had proved an effective pairing last season), Rafa pushed Gerrard up alongside Kuyt - leaving a less-than-creative central midfield partnership of Mascherano and Momo Sissoko - and the result was a ridiculous lack of danger to the Rovers defence until Crouch was finally sent on from the bench with 18 minutes left on the clock. They proceeded to create more chances in 18 minutes than they had in 72 minutes, but the change had come too late.

Reading 3 Liverpool 1 (December 8)
                            Having spanked Bolton 4-0 the week before using the width of Benayoun, Harry Kewell and Babel, Benitez changed back to the 4-3-3 formation of the Arsenal game and once again it backfired. This time it was a combination of Voronin, Torres and Crouch who lined up as Kuyt was rested ahead of the must-win game against Marseille. Also rested was Sami Hyypia (to be replaced by rookie Jack Hobbs) as Rafa made it clear where the club's priorities lay.

Liverpool 0 Manchester United 1 (December 16)
                            Manchester United did a classic job on Liverpool as they were happy to give the home side the ball in the knowledge that they had little idea of how to break down the best defence in the Premier League. For some reason, Rafa persisted with Harry Kewell ahead of the impressive Babel and for all of Liverpool's huffing and puffing (including some impressive yapping from the Dutch golden retriever) they could not react to Carlos Tevez's goal. Once again they only really started to crank up the pace at the 73rd-minute stage when Crouch came belatedly from the bench.

Man City 0 Liverpool 0 (December 30)
                            Yes, City payed in a 4-6-0 formation, but they were helped by Liverpool's refusal to show any real ambition until the final ten minutes. Once again, Kewell played ahead of Babel, and it was only when the Dutchman came off the bench that the Reds began to show any urgency. Once again, just waiting for Stevie G to hit a screamer proved to be a less-than-inspired tactic.

Liverpool 1 Wigan 1 (January 2)
                            It's a game that Rafa admits that Liverpool 'must win'. So what does he do? Play Torres as a lone striker of course and rely on Gerrard to join him from a three-man midfield that also includes stopper Mascherano, of course. At home to Wigan. Torres does his bit with a goal, Liverpool completely fail to turn the screw and Titus Bramble (of all people) scores an equaliser. Rafa waits until six minutes before the end to throw on Crouch, the freshest member of the Liverpool squad after a three-match ban. We don't even have to tell you that Kewell played.
                            sigpic

Comment

Let me tell you, that last wigan game was a dagger in the heart for me. I'm in the US and I was listening on BBC and it sounded like Wigan was taking it to the pool defense. I mean WTF is wrong with Rafa. I think he has so much more pressure in england than when he fields the team in europe that he cant make tactical substitutions correctly.

Why would u play 1 striker against Wigan and have Stevie G floating round? Why not pair up Torres with Kuyt or Crouch. Against Wigan this would have caused chaos! urgggg!

PFDC 10 Years & Counting
                              We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
                              For some nice Lounge & Chillout head to -->http://www.youtube.com/user/mkbf86

Comment

Rafa needs to wake up from the post-2005 dream and realise that he just cant keep Liverpool as no more than a good cup team. He needs to set his priorities straight...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X