Ligue Une- how good is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ligue Une- how good is it?

How good would you guys say the French league, aside from Lyon which would demolish a team of all stars from the rest of the league, is?

How does it compare to Portugal and Holland?

What would you think of players like Nosrati and Kazemian playing there?

its a pretty good leageu it was ronaldinhos first europian league psg lyon and marsielle r the strong teams

Comment

I am aware of that but they performed not so well in the champions league, with the exception of Lyon. It does seem like a very good place for the development of young talents like Ronaldinho, Zidane, and Henry though.

Comment

Besides Lyon, it is at best the 5th strongest league behind Bundesliga, Serie A, EPL, and La Liga. But there are some ver good players such as Ribery, Cisse, Juninho, Pauleta, Fred, Malouda etc. Anyway to me it is definitely better than Holland and Portugal. If Kazemian and Nosrati played I am not sure if it is the best for them. The French League is very very fast-paced. Kazemian could do well in in almost any league in mind except maybe EPL, becuase of size, but I remember the QPR coach commenting on the quality of his performance. Also, Nosrati is solid but La Liga would be best for him.

Comment

Are you sure it is better than Portugal? Portuguese superliga seems more balanced, as only two of the players you mentioned play outside of Lyon and one is young and looking to leave yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Faran
            Are you sure it is better than Portugal? Portuguese superliga seems more balanced, as only two of the players you mentioned play outside of Lyon and one is young and looking to leave yet.
            I think so, because Portugal's top teams are Benefica and Porto, while Ligue 1 has Lyon, Bordeaux, and Lille. Without Lyon, Portugal is stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryaan21
              I think so, because Portugal's top teams are Benefica and Porto, while Ligue 1 has Lyon, Bordeaux, and Lille. Without Lyon, Portugal is stronger.
              i see 2 differences betwenn Ligue 1 and the other top european leagues:

France has only Lyon as top team(maybe lille or monaco sometimes) whereas the other have 3 or 4 top teams( barca real valencia for spain, inter milan roma for italy, arsenal chelsea, liverpool MU dor england)

However i think that in general the average and the bottom clubs of france are better than in bundesliga, EPl.( french internationals that are playing england, say that teams like sheffield west brom etc... are very very weak)

Comment

the bottom line is players who play in Ligue 1, Holland, Portugal one day dream of joining the EPL, Liga, Seria A.

The more money a league has the more competition it draws from the other leagues who develop superstars.
                The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
                For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
                http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
                http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
                http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
                http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

i think the french league is a league that builds up players and sells them to bigger leagues e.g. ronaldinho went to PSG from SANTOS and PSG sold him to BARCA now he is the worlds top player

Comment

Originally posted by Faran
                    How good would you guys say the French league, aside from Lyon which would demolish a team of all stars from the rest of the league, is?

How does it compare to Portugal and Holland?

What would you think of players like Nosrati and Kazemian playing there?
                    French league in my opinion is the 4th best league in the world after La Liga, EPL and Serie A in order.

Besides the french league produces the best talents in the world. Its like a shopping center for the top 3 leagues in the world (La Liga, EPL and Serie A).

I used to think that the German Bundesliga was better than french league until I saw the quality of play you get from the french league. But to me there is no bigger club than Bayern in ligue 1 even though I rate ligue 1 better.

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN
                      French league in my opinion is the 4th best league in the world after La Liga, EPL and Serie A in order.
                      Besides the french league produces the best talents in the world. Its like a shopping center for the top 3 leagues in the world (La Liga, EPL and Serie A).
                      I used to think that the German Bundesliga was better than french league until I saw the quality of play you get from the french league. But to me there is no bigger club than Bayern in ligue 1 even though I rate ligue 1 better.
                      lyon is better than bayern

Comment

The French league is much stronger than the Dutch and Portuguese leagues.

Its probably the best European league after EPL, Serie A and Primera Division.

Comment

Originally posted by HeinzeronaldinhoPSG
                          lyon is better than bayern
                          i know that.

but in terms of reputation, history and size Bayern is a bigger club.

I mean Lyon is better than many teams at the moment but it doesn't have the reputation of clubs like bayern, milan, madrid, barcelona etc.

Comment

Primera
                            Serie A
                            EPL
                            Ligue 1
                            Bundesliga
                            Portugal
                            Dutch
                            The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
                            For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
                            http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
                            http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
                            http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

Originally posted by HeinzeronaldinhoPSG
                              i see 2 differences betwenn Ligue 1 and the other top european leagues:
                              France has only Lyon as top team(maybe lille or monaco sometimes) whereas the other have 3 or 4 top teams( barca real valencia for spain, inter milan roma for italy, arsenal chelsea, liverpool MU dor england)
                              However i think that in general the average and the bottom clubs of france are better than in bundesliga, EPl.( french internationals that are playing england, say that teams like sheffield west brom etc... are very very weak)
                              I agree EPL is very unbalanced compared to Ligue 1. The most balanced league is La Liga, any day Atheletic Bilbao could beat Barca. In Serie A, there is a gulf in class between teams but the minnows(Ascoli, Reggina, Parma) just defend hoping for a draw.

Comment

Working...
                              X