The Newcastle United thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
    hey guys curious to know your thoughts on SANTON....i know he was a bit injured and hasnt played much this year but is he getting playing time or is he competing with another fullback?
    i always loved this kid since back in inter but he had problems with injury and management so his game fell off, im hoping he can recover himself at newcastle
    Hey mate, i love that kid too.
    he was bought as a direct replacement for Enrique at LB but things never went for him for 2 reasons:
    1- He got injured a week after he came here in training.
    2- Ryan Taylor is on fire, he told the meneger just after Erique F**ked off that he can help the team and cover the left back area until the new player comes. Ryan is right midfielder! but turns out he was made to play there and if you even look at the stats he's the top defender in the league! strange.

but, i've seen Santon 3 times now (2 in the cup) and last 15 minutes v spurs and he looked good. he can play at both fullback areas so i'm sure he'll play soon.
    i think he should start against City at right side midfield so he can help that side as Obertan is injured and he can defend too.
    ...............................................sigpic..........................................00000000 0000000000000000000000000..HOWAY THE LADS

Comment

Originally posted by Ghormeh Sabzi View Post
      yeah baby.
      but.............................. hard hard hard 3 games to come. i'll take 2 points from them and dance after that. but i think City will murder us.
      ...............................................sigpic..........................................00000000 0000000000000000000000000..HOWAY THE LADS

Comment

Originally posted by The-Red View Post
        Roy,
        your fantasy football team is great..you sure know your fantasy football well.

As for Newcastle; very good side this season, but I am not sure how they will perform once the tough schedule starts coming up in a few weeks...I can see them finish top 5 though this season.

Comment

Man City & their money away tomorrow! wish us luck.

Comment

Oh well, all good things come to end.

I'm still happy with the team after that game. 2 panalties and a freak gift goal is all that city could do and they ended up with 4 shots on target! while BenArfa hit the post, and Hart saved Ba's 1on1. but i'm happy overall as the teamshowed fight and spirit.

Next on the agenda Man United away. (easy)

Comment

i guess money does speak louder

Comment

good news & bad news.
                the good was we managed to get a point from Man United (im surprised no one said a thing about it!!).
                the bad news was Gary Speed passing away. he played for us for 6 years. legend.

Comment

went to a pub here in California.. there was couple of Newcastle fans, wasn't sure if i was going to be the only guy wearing Newcastle jersey or what lol but it was a fun game to watch i thought. 1 point is good but was hoping for a victory

Comment

3-0

Comment

hi

2-0

Comment

I will love this club to death if they could pull it off against Man.city this weekend
                        sigpic

Comment

5th place and back to Europe

Oh well,

we ended up this crazy season in 5th place and above so called big spending teams like Chelsea & Liverpool.

3 seasons ago we were playing Villa in the last game of the season to avoid relegation (and we failed) and this week we went into the last week with a chance to finish top 3. amazing.

i just hope the team can keep working hard and move in the right direction as there's only 1 place for this club and that is regular top 4.

Comment

Just bringing this Thread back to life.

when this thread was created half of the Barcelona and City fans were supporting Arsenal, Inter Milan, Man U, Liverpool etc.......

just another prove of loyalty and how to support a team through the bad times as well as the good times (just like we do with TM).

i have been through times where i disliked teams like MU during 07 till 2009 when the Ronaldo diving and Ferie's ref trix were unbelievable.
                            then Liverpool in the last two years when the fans got coc+y when Kenny took over and they took Carroll for 35M quid (which is hilarious now ).
                            but now i have decided to pick Man City as the enemy, why? the bloody fans here in Dubai just make me wanna get a machine gun and
                            they have turned from a crappy team in Manchester to a big money bag.

if you support City, watch out. Roy is coming to get you.

Comment

Never doubted you as a Newcastle fan they had they're glory days but they're are slowly getting back. With a couple of good signing they could really be a treat in Europa league !
                              But don't tell me Newcastle didn't get lucky a couple of times .. lool
                              My hatred towards city has grown over the past year so much, specially with all these bandwagons starting to support them. I hate to say this but last season city winning the EPL gives them so much confidence and boost , now I have to suffer and hear all these city fans telling me they're a power house in Europe. smh
                              sigpic

Comment

Do the Newcastle fans of PFDC appreciate the finesse and divinity of Jonas Gutierrez?
                                "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

Working...
                                X