Iraq support thread to win the Persian Gulf Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iraq support thread to win the Persian Gulf Cup

They beat Qatar today 1-0 and will play Bahrain on Sunday @ 6 AM Pasific time.

But the most important match will be on Wedensday Jan. 24 th vs. Saudi Arabia that match will also be @ 6 AM Pasific time.

Go Iraq

I second the motion !!!

Iraq have been playing really well for the course of the past 3 years, starting from their good showing at the 2004 Olympics, then some encouraging performances in the Asian Cup qualifiers and ofcourse the Asian Games recently.

IRAQ FTW !!!
    sigpic

Comment

good luck Iraq, hope they can win the Persian Gulf Cup!!

Comment

YO but they bombed our bridges!
        THEY BOMBED TH BRIDEGES!

No im kiddin

Good luck to them
        they are very brave, hopefully they can win and Iraq will have some happiness for a few seconds

Comment

Why do we support Iraq?? Only a q. I just wondering

Comment

Originally posted by Ata
            Why do we support Iraq?? Only a q. I just wondering
            Because no matter what happened they are still people
            and right now, they are all in alot of pain

Comment

Go Iraqi Shiites

Comment

Loool yea i think it would be best if Iraq wins it

Go Iraq!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aryan
                  Because no matter what happened they are still people
                  and right now, they are all in alot of pain

Comment

here we go again
                    sigpic

Comment

Baba
                      Are you tellin me there are no decent people in Iraq, there are bad and good people all over the world

I dont need to ask my parents nothing ok, fekr nakon man nemeedoonam

Comment

Ata

I am an ex-basiji who fought in the Iran-Iraq war at the age of 16 .
                        I killed many Iraqis and seen 2 of my best friends and compatriots get blown up in pieces in front of my eyes so I know first hand about all that,however out of all the peole in the Middleast,Iarqis are the closest to us,after all til about 100 years ago we used to all be in the same country of Iran.

Trust me on this one brother I have watched Saddam's execution with pleasure more than 10 times but Iraqi people as a whole.shieyh or sunni are a lot closer to us or the rest of the Persian Gulf soosmar khor nations and the the likes syria,Jordan,Egypt and Lybia.

Comment

Bahrain hold Iraq

BAHRAIN's hopes of reaching the semi-finals of the 18th Gulf Cup soccer competition suffered a major setback following a 1-1 draw with Iraq in Group 'B' last night at the Al Nahyan Stadium of Al Wehda Club in Abu Dhabi.

It was the first match for Bahrain under new coach Marjan Eid who took over from the sacked German coach Hans Peter Briegel on Saturday.

Bahrain were also without two key midfielders in Mohammed Hussain and Mohammed Adnan who received red cards during their 2-1 defeat to Saudi Arabia.

But Bahrain seemed to have put all that behind them when they took an eighth-minute lead through Abdulla Al Marzooqi but Hawar Mohammed levelled the scores for Iraq three minutes later to deny the Bahrainis a much-needed victory.

Bahrain must now win their last match against Qatar and hope other results go in their favour to stay in contention for a berth in the semi-finals.

Yesterday's other Group 'B' match between defending champions Qatar and Saudi Arabia also ended in stalemate 1-1.

Qatar took the lead in the 10th minute through striker Ali Nasser while Malek Mouadh equalised for Saudi Arabia in the 71st minute.

Al Marzooqi put Bahrain ahead as he rose high in a melee to powerfully head in a Talal Yousef corner.

It was Bahrain's second goal against Iraq in the history of this competition. Yousef Zuwayyed was the first to score against Iraq in the fourth edition way back in 1976 in Doha.

However, Bahrain could hold on to the lead only for three minutes.

Iraq's Mohammed made a solo effort on the left before, beat Bahrain's lone defender Al Marzooqi and chipped the ball over goalkeeper Abdulrahman Abdulkarim.

Bahrain's coach Eid made a few changes in the line-up for this match. He introduced defenders Ebrahim Al Mishkhas and Mohammed Hubail in place of suspended Hussain and Adnan while midfielder Abdulla Omar played from the start instead of Mahmood Jalal.

But the Iraqis were clearly superior and dominated the match right through.

They came up with two clear scoring chances. The first was by Nashat Akram whose shot was denied by Bahrain goalkeeper Abdulkarim in the 17th minute and five minutes later Al Marzooqi made a goal line save headed away a Younes Mahmood attempt.

The Bahrainis, by contrast, made few attempts at goal and their best chances came in the first-half when two long-range shots by Ala'a Hubail and Yousef were pushed away by Iraqi goalkeeper Noor Sabry.

Iraq's goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKm7jHqWdk8

Comment

I liked Iraq but thier defence realy sux,thier only good defense player is Ahmad Kazem who plays for Pas.

after lossing to Saudi Arabia & Bahrain win over Qatar,the Iraq team is out of the tournment.

Comment

This is what knocked Iraq out of tournament.

http://forum.kooora.com/f.aspx?t=3339945

Comment

Working...
                              X