Chelsea offered Mancini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chelsea offered Mancini

Mancini had an offer from Chelsea but he refused he said he is not leaving Italy.
    Roberto Mancini the coach.

which mancini are you talking about?? the coach coz i highly doubt it. unless he wants to be mourinho's assistant.

Comment

Actually he's the leading candidate for that job. Mancini (Inters boss) has been rumored to replace him since Mourinho and Abromovich haven't been on the great of terms, and teams not doing as well as expected.
      STADIO OLIMPICO, 8 FEBRUARY 2004
      A.S. ROMA 4-0 F.C. JUVENTUS

Comment

No i think hes talking about Roma's Mancini!

Comment

I doubt that. All the buzz is about Roberto Mancini and him parting ways with Inter for Chelsea. Although Roma's Mancini would be an amazing buy, I prefer they get Inters Mancini, and leave the Roma players alone.

Comment

Mancini keen on Prem post
            By Mark Buckingham - Created on 26 Jan 2007

Internazionale coach Roberto Mancini admits he would relish the chance to manage in the Premiership.

Mancini has led Inter on a record-breaking winning run in Serie A this season and has been discussing a new contract at Giuseppe Meazza.

But the former Italy international has also been touted as a candidate to replace Jose Mourinho at Chelsea, should there be a parting of the ways in the summer.

Having spent a brief spell in England as a player with Leicester City, Mancini concedes he is keen to return to the Premiership.

"I'd really love to manage a Premiership side one day," Mancini is quoted in The Sun.

"Chelsea? It would be fantastic."

Peter Taylor, who brought Mancini to Leicester, believes his former signing would be a success as a manager in England.

"Knowing him as well as I do, he wouldn't go into anything without taking it very seriously," said Taylor.

"That is why he has been such a success and why he would go on and do well in the Premiership.

"I'm sure they see our Premiership in Italy and think it's the league to be in.

"So if he gets that opportunity, he'll do well. And good luck to him."

Comment

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...hes+Blues+link

Mancini rubbishes Blues link

Roberto Mancini has played down speculation that he will succeed Jose Mourinho as Chelsea boss.

The Internazionale manager has been touted by some as a future incumbent of the Stamford Bridge hot seat following the uncertainty that has surrounded Mourinho's position in recent weeks.

Inter are riding high in Serie A after claiming a club record 14 consecutive wins and Mancini's coaching pedigree can not be questioned.

But the Italian is happy at the Nerazzurri and claims quotes attributed to him recently have been misleading.

"It's like if a good player who plays in a great team is wanted by another big club. It is satisfying because it means that I am doing a good job," said Mancini.

"I have never spoken to anyone and I certainly haven't said those comments," Mancini added, when asked if he had expressed an interest in moving to Chelsea.

"I cannot deny something that I haven't said.

"If the press comment on some quotes that I may have said two years ago, for example, that I would want to coach in England after my adventure with Inter finishes, it's a different story."

Inter president Massimo Moratti has already stated his determination to keep Mancini at the club long-term, and the coach - whose existing contract expires in 2008 - appears keen on the idea.

"When things are going well, it's not good to make alterations," said Mancini.

"Are there grounds to continue with this project? I think so, there's no problem whatsoever.

"Will I be able to remain at Inter like, for example, Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United?

"I think this is very difficult in Italy - he (Ferguson) has been at Manchester for 20 years. For us, we would have to win practically always.

"In Italy, if you win for four or five straight years and then you fail in the sixth year to win something, things happen."
              Mancini's going nowhere !! Hands off him Roman !!

Unless Inter get Mourinho in return
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X