Official: Magath Appointed by Humburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official: Magath Appointed by Humburg

Felix Magath has been appointed coach of Hamburg, less than 24 hours after being sacked by Bayern Munich, according to German media reports.

The 53-year-old, nicknamed Mr Medicine Balls due to his infamous fitness training routines, was dismissed by the Bavarian giants on Wednesday, following a disappointing goalless draw at home to Bochum the previous evening. It now appears he could be out of work for less than a day, as the managerial merry-go-round kicks into gear.

The Hamburger Morgenpost, as well as television stations N24 and n-tv both reported that Magath had travelled to Hamburg for talks on Thursday, and the club has already called a press conference for 13:00 CET, in which they are expected to confirm his acceptance of the job.

Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness indicated the deal had already been sealed, as he wished Magath good luck.

"I'm pleased for Felix," he said. "With his way of introducing discipline, he will soon bring success to Hamburg."

Goosht roo zameen nemimooneh

Comment

as in, Hamburger? ha, from one team with persian influence to another..... lol
      Backing Daei since 1992, to this day.
      GazKhor

Comment

Man I predicted this, I feel smart anyway this is good for hsv, but i wish they would be relegated so Kia could leave.

Comment

very good for hamburg.

Comment

Magath will NOT be HSV's coach...
            Huub Stevens will be there coach, but nothing is confirmed yet..
            FC BARCELONA & ESTEGHLAL

Comment

Originally posted by Rahmani
              Magath will NOT be HSV's coach...
              Huub Stevens will be there coach, but nothing is confirmed yet..
              Rahmani the prophet.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryaan21
                Rahmani the prophet.
                FC BARCELONA & ESTEGHLAL

Comment

Working...
                X