Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haan Quits as Cameroon coach

What the hell is this guy up to?
    btw i wasnt sure if this should be in 'International' or 'Football' forum (coz of the PP connection) so i leave it to the mods.

AOUNDE, Feb 1 (Reuters) - Dutchman Arie Haan has quit as Cameroon coach less than six months into a two-year contract, the central African country's official Cameroon Tribune daily reported on Thursday.

The paper quoted Haan, whom national soccer federation FECAFOOT said went absent without leave for two months last year, as saying he had offered his resignation to FECAFOOT chief Jean Lambert Nang.

'I have decided as from this day the 31st of January 2007 to put an end to my collaboration with Cameroon. I have sent an email to Mr. Nang, the general manger of FECAFOOT, to inform him,' the paper quoted Haan as saying.

Nang and other FECAFOOT officials could not be reached for immediate comment.

The Tribune said Haan was unhappy he had been left out of a delegation that was following Cameroon's youth team at an African junior championship.

He had also opposed a friendly match scheduled for Feb. 7 against Togo, preferring to play a stronger team such as Ivory Coast.

Haan signed a two-year contract last August, charged with steering the Indomitable Lions through their qualifying campaign for the 2008 African Nations Cup in Ghana.

But relations with FECAFOOT quickly soured, and in December Nang said Haan had disappeared for two months in contravention of a contractual clause stipulating he must remain resident in Cameroon.
    Karimi 8 Gerrard
    th wonders of the world

This guy is a joke and has absolutely no class. I think we shouldn't
    waste anymore bandwidth on this loser.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrus_da_virus
      What the hell is this guy up to?
      btw i wasnt sure if this should be in 'International' or 'Football' forum (coz of the PP connection) so i leave it to the mods.
      AOUNDE, Feb 1 (Reuters) - Dutchman Arie Haan has quit as Cameroon coach less than six months into a two-year contract, the central African country's official Cameroon Tribune daily reported on Thursday.
      The paper quoted Haan, whom national soccer federation FECAFOOT said went absent without leave for two months last year, as saying he had offered his resignation to FECAFOOT chief Jean Lambert Nang.
      'I have decided as from this day the 31st of January 2007 to put an end to my collaboration with Cameroon. I have sent an email to Mr. Nang, the general manger of FECAFOOT, to inform him,' the paper quoted Haan as saying.
      Nang and other FECAFOOT officials could not be reached for immediate comment.
      The Tribune said Haan was unhappy he had been left out of a delegation that was following Cameroon's youth team at an African junior championship.
      He had also opposed a friendly match scheduled for Feb. 7 against Togo, preferring to play a stronger team such as Ivory Coast.
      Haan signed a two-year contract last August, charged with steering the Indomitable Lions through their qualifying campaign for the 2008 African Nations Cup in Ghana.
      But relations with FECAFOOT quickly soured, and in December Nang said Haan had disappeared for two months in contravention of a contractual clause stipulating he must remain resident in Cameroon.

The god damn guy went A wall for two months. I wish I could do that in my job and still get paid somehow. What a joke?
      "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
      Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
      Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
      sigpic

Comment

Haan is a strange dude, but in fairness.. he was denied an opportunity to watch the Cameroon team (which lost to Egypt ) at the African Youth Championship with his scouts, and his request to play a friendly at the upcoming FIFA window in a few days was also rejected.

Comment

waste of time

Comment

Working...
          X