Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect 10

1. They're usually two-footed
    The greatest No10s become cult heroes. So revered was Roberto Baggio that his transfer from Fiorentina caused riots; his failure to make Italy's 2002 FIFA World Cup squad prompted actors to wear t-shirts in protest; and when Giovanni Trapattoni selected him for a farewell friendly against Spain, 30,000 Genovese gave him a standing ovation. No other position has such a deep, mysterious, grip on fans' affections.
    4. They can turn a game
    When No10s are good, they're superb. But because they become too important to the team, their bad days can leave you doubting they were even on the pitch at all.

6. They're deadly with a dead ball
    Ronaldinho, Del Piero, Riquelme, Baggio, Rooney et al, can guide a dead ball with a precision that would make a missile manufacturer envious. Opponents might suspect what's coming, but they're often powerless to prevent it.

Litmanen, Del Piero, Baggio, Gazza, Zidane, Zico, Rooney and Totti have all suffered major damage. Cruciate knee ligaments are an occupational hazard and niggling injuries can plague their form.
    9. They have more clubs than Tiger Woods
    For every loyal club servant like Del Piero and Totti, there are a dozen No10s whose careers can more easily be charted on a map than through the dry statistics of goals and games. Ariel Ortega (seven clubs in eight years) is the most conspicuous example. To be fair, they sometimes drift in search of inspiration, to get their mojo working, but they're often discarded by clubs who have lost patience with them.
    VIVA ITALIA VIVA MILAN VIVA MALDINI

Dude...I read this very article at UEFA.com in the morning
    sigpic

Comment

you forgot: most of them are deep-lying forwards or trequartista as you may know it.

Comment

Dont care about # 10..
        My favorite number is # 11....

Comment

that article skips one very important number 10.
          Daei.
          If Iran gives his number to anyone else i will have to seriously consider banging some heads together
          Backing Daei since 1992, to this day.
          GazKhor

Comment

Originally posted by Daei_The_King
            Daei.
            If Iran gives his number to anyone else i will have to seriously consider banging some heads together
            You cant retire a football number man.

I would also like to debate the comment about most of them favoring the left foot.
            Ronaldinho, Baggio, Totti, Pele, Zico, Cruyff, Rooney and argubly the greatest number 10 of all time Zidane all favoured the right.

Other then that it was a great great article.
            thanx

Comment

Originally posted by Daei_The_King
              Daei.
              agree. They left out one of the greatest #10 of all time in our very own Ali Daei. They should be ashamed !!
              The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

lol, i love their hair styles.

Comment

Working...
                X