Nakamura to quit Celtic for Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nakamura to quit Celtic for Japan

TOKYO (AFP) - Celtic's Japanese star Shunsuke Nakamura hopes to return to Japan's professional football league after this season ends in June, he has been quoted as saying.

"I want to go home as soon as possible," Nakamura, one of the top Asians in European football, said in an interview with the Tokyo Chunichi Sports daily.

"I want to return to Japan while I'm still in top condition and make Japan stronger," the 28 year-old midfielder said.

His new team would have to pay a transfer fee to Celtic if he wants to leave the British club before his contract expires in May 2008.

Nakamura, who joined Celtic in 2005, scored six goals in 33 games last season and has earned another six in 26 games so far this season.

Nakamura joined the Yokohama Marinos in 1997 and scored 33 goals in 148 games, winning the J-League most valuable player award in 2000.

He moved to Reggina in July 2002 and scored 11 goals in 81 Serie A games before joining Celtic.

GRACIAS PEP

Good for him. What a class act.

Comment

thats fake. hes staying in europe.

Comment

Shunsuke Nakamura has hit out at reports suggesting he is ready to leave Celtic in the summer and return to Japan.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...I+want+to+stay
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by milad
          how do you know?i have a source

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20
            how do you know?i have a source
            i read an article that nakamura said its a rumor. you never know what to believe these days though.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan
              Good for him. What a class act.
              is that what you would say if karimi wants to go back to persepolis?

Comment

Originally posted by milad

According to the interview of the Japanese newspaper,This news is true.

He want to go back Japan,and seems to want to contribute to the National team.
                My favorite Duo:Karimi & Kavianpour

Comment

I would hate that, I actually recently bought a Celtic jersey because of him. He's got all the skills to stay in Europe, but it's his life. It's not like he's giving up because its too difficult, he's leaving accomplished quite a bit.
                  STADIO OLIMPICO, 8 FEBRUARY 2004
                  A.S. ROMA 4-0 F.C. JUVENTUS

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34
                    is that what you would say if karimi wants to go back to persepolis?
                    no..

Comment

Just as he is playing his best , I believe when I see it

Comment

Working...
                      X