Let's play a game: pick the results of this week's friendlies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suprah
    Were they not once ranked above Egypt a few months back ??
    don't really remember, but i know nigeria sure as hell doenst deserve to be fifa's top ranked team in africa after that performance against ghana.

Comment

is anyone going to put down the results of all the games here so we can see who predicted the most right? what's the prize?

Comment

i found this pretty interesting... World Cup winning Italian manager Marcelo Lippi has been following the Egyptian team and is currently in Cairo conducting workshops for Egyptian managers. He watched the Sweden match:

Lippi praises 'impressive' Egypt
        Thu, 8 Feb 2007 - 17:23
        By: Hatem Maher

Lippi during the press conference

Italy's World Cup winning boss Marcello Lippi said on Thursday that he was astonished by Egypt's impressive displays in the 2006 African Cup of Nations triumph.

Lippi, speaking at a press conference in the Egyptian Football Association's headquarters, expressed his admiration for Egypt and coach Hassan Shehata.

"I watched Egypt's victory over Sweden yesterday and found that although a year has passed since the African Cup, your national team is still characterized with harmony between players."

Two goals from Amr Zaki and Ahmed Fathi earned Egypt a 2-0 home win over Sweden in an international friendly that came as a part of CAF's 50th anniversary celebrations.

The former Juventus coach came to Egypt last year to follow up the African Cup of Nations games, particularly Ghana's ones as the Black Stars were paired with Italy in the World Cup.

Lippi highlighted the similarities between world champions Italy and African Cup holders Egypt.

"I faced difficulties at the beginning of my work with Italy but managed to overcome them just like what Egypt did."

"Italy players were determined to win the World Cup to clean up the country's sports image following the match-fixing scandal."

The 58-year-old commented on the crowd riots which happened in a Serie A game between Catania and Palermo and resulted in the league being halted.

"The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) is working on reforming some rules regarding the stadiums to ensure they meet safety requirements," he concluded.

Comment

Ok, here are the scores of the matches played that came from the original list and the members' scores. Some countries changed opponents at the last second (eg. Senegal, Romania) and some matches were cancled altogether. Also, I could not find the scores to the last two matches (Lesotho vs. Zimbabwe, Mozambique vs. Swaziland) anywhere. One or two members added matches that weren't in the original list (following rearrangements and cancelations).. I didn't count those since not everyone had a fair chance to pick them.

Costa Rica 4:0 Trinidad & Tobago

Northern Ireland 0:0 Wales

Australia 1:3 Denmark

Greece 0:1 Korea

Cyprus 2:1 Hungary

Bulgaria 2:0 Latvia

Nigeria 1:4 Ghana

Brazil 0:2 Portugal

Mali 3:1 Lithuania

Malta 1:1 Austria

Egypt 2:0 Sweden

Georgia 1:0 Turkey

England 0:1 Spain

Netherlands 4:1 Russia

Belgium 0:2 Czech Rep.

Israel 1:1 Ukraine

Uzbekistan 0:0 Azerbaijan

Morocco 1:1 Tunisia

Germany 3:1 Switzerland

Croatia 2:1 Norway

France 0:1 Argentina

Algeria 2:1 Libya

Slovenia 1:0 Estonia

USA 2:0 Mexico

Venezuela 0:1 Chile

Poland 2:2 Slovakia

Colombia 1:3 Uruguay

China 2:1 Kazakhstan

Iran 2:2 Belarus

Albania 0:1 Macedonia

Togo 2:2 Cameroon

Andorra 0:0 Armenia

Luxembourg 2:1 Gambia

Romania 2:0 Moldova

Botswana 1:0 Namibia

Pharaoh: 15

Milad: 17

benreyhani15: 13

Suprah: 12

soniq: 17

doober: 15

Payne: 15

fashionista17: 14

yashar_fasihnia: 12

Rahmani: 14

Daei_The_King: 14

MoJo23: 15

Aryaan21: 13

police in helicopter: 15

Club monaco: 13

ncorral: 11

karimi_magic8: 18

Pali: 16

Amin_: 12

...feel free to check my math and call me out if I'm wrong with your score, I did these quickly.

Congratulations karimi_magic8

your prize is $50, delivered the KC_McElroy way

Comment

LOOOOOOOOOOLLLL @ the prize!! i'm sure looloo wouldn't mind helping out.

thanks for posting and counting, pharoah. i'm going to rep karimi magic for a job well done, he deserves it

Comment

Originally posted by fashionista17
              thanks for posting and counting, pharoah. i'm going to rep karimi magic for a job well done, he deserves it
              damn we got the same score i was soo hoping to win against you

Comment

Originally posted by Payne
                damn we got the same score i was soo hoping to win against you
                awwww why only me? i'm not the only girl

Comment

awwww why only me? i'm not the only girl
                  Yes i won against you was watching the wrong name HAha but i dident win over doober

Comment

no prob, though i had no idea it would take so long to count everyones scores . ill rep karimi magic too.

Comment

daymmmmmmm i was 2nd!!!!!! woot

Comment

Originally posted by soniq
                        daymmmmmmm i was 2nd!!!!!! woot
                        same. damn we lost by 1. anyways congrats to karimi magic.

does 2nd place get anything?

Comment

Working...
                        X