Singapore U21 vs Pakistan U21 - Olympics Qualifier 1st Leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Masoud_A
    Baba Naser Hejazi will ruin your team and lead you to stone age football!

Care to explain ?
    sigpic

Comment

Suprah jan his good side to his bad side can be described like this 1/1000!
      He doesnt know shit about coaching man, He just has a big mouth who can fool anyone who doesnt know him well! He is a big lier and again possessing almost zero knowledge about coaching.

Comment

Hmm...interesting.

Maybe I should forward your views to the respective people I know pursuing to bring Hejazi to coach the national team.

EDIT: that said he has plenty of coaching experience and managed, if I recall correctly, Esteghlal to the league title. So maybe not for Iran, but Pakistan can be a good place for him as coach...hell he should be able to teach our keepers more things.
        sigpic

Comment

Congrats Suprah!

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah
            when did you learn Sindhi ??
            one of my closest friends awais is sindhi, lol
            you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
            sigpic

Comment

Okay I'm making this thread to be the one for the 2nd leg as well that will be played in Lahore on 14th February and hence here:

‘Pakistan will beat Singapore again’

By Alam Zeb Safi

KARACHI: The chief coach of the Pakistan football team Mohammad Rasheed has said that Pakistan will repeat the same performance against Singapore in the return leg contest, in connection with the Beijing Olympics Qualifiers, to be held at Punjab Stadium Lahore on February 14.

During an informal chat with ‘The News’ on Saturday, he felt jubilation over the way the Pakistan Under-21 football team stunned the ASEAN champions Singapore in their opening match that was played in Singapore on February 7.

Pakistan crushed the hosts in that match quite convincingly by 2-1 through brilliant goals from Mubashir Hussain and the small statured left-winger Farooq Shah.

Rasheed said the morale of the boys has been high after the brilliant performance against Singapore in the opener, saying he is sure that at home his side will play with more excitement amid the home crowd.

“Here everything will favour us. The boys are used to the environment and have a good deal of experience at grassy ground contrary to the one they played in Singapore, which was an artificial turf,” the coach, who has taken charge as head coach of the team after the expiry of the contract of Bahrain born coach Salman Sharida in December last year.

To a question he recalled “When we reached Singapore, we were informed that the match will be played on artificial turf. In the beginning, the boys had some problem, but they overcame the same in two days’ practice, and everybody can see how excellent was the outcome.”

He said the main thing behind the Pakistan Under-21 football team victory over Singapore in their away match was the psychological strength of his players. “I had told the players before the showdown that Singapore was not a better team than Pakistan, but we needed coordination in our ranks. The boys got my point, played with exceptional spirit and the outcome was terrific.”

To a query he said Singapore is no doubt a better side but Pakistan, presently, have an upper hand and will defeat them in the next match too, to qualify for the second round.

Pakistan need only a draw against Singapore in the match to be played in Lahore on Wednesday to join Bahrain, Kuwait and Qatar in the next round.

When asked about the strategy for the coming important showdown, the coach said, “We will play positive football. Our planning will be to put pressure on the opposition from the very start, which will help us latter in the match.”

The Pakistan Under-21 football team will be busy in preparations for the all-important showdown against Singapore, at the Model Town Football Academy Lahore after the twenty-member Singapore side reaches Lahore today (Sunday). The visitors will practice from 2:00pm to 4:00pm on Monday.
              sigpic

Comment

Congradulations Suprah. Hopefully Pakistan can make it to the 1st Group Stage. Do you know to which group the winner will go to?

Comment

Originally posted by South Iraq
                  Congradulations Suprah. Hopefully Pakistan can make it to the 1st Group Stage. Do you know to which group the winner will go to?
                  Thanks Jnoubi Iraq

The winner of these two legs will make up Group A that already has the stronger U21 teams of Bahrain, Qatar, and UAE. Them grass-rollers but something's better than not even playing.

The match is two days from now, and I pray Pakistan make the home advantage (and bumpy pitch) count to finish off a much stronger-on-paper Singapore and qualify for Group A to have more matches and improve even further.
                  sigpic

Comment

congratz pakistan and suprah ofcourse

Comment

2nd Leg: Pakistan U21 vs Singapore U21 @ Lahore, Pakistan

Final score: Pakistan 3-2 Singapore (5-3 on aggregate)

Guys, we have qualified for the main round after coming back from 2-0 down and winning the damn match 3-2. Singapore had two players sent-off, so that is pleasantly strange I must say as we used our numbers advantage and scored all three in the second half

We have hence qualified for Group A that has Bahrain, Kuwait and Qatar.

GRASS ROLLERS WATCH OUT !!! HERE COME THE TIGERS OF THE INDUS !!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah
                        2nd Leg: Pakistan U21 vs Singapore U21 @ Lahore, Pakistan

Final score: Pakistan 3-2 Singapore (5-3 on aggregate)

Guys, we have qualified for the main round after coming back from 2-0 down and winning the damn match 3-2. Singapore had two players sent-off, so that is pleasantly strange I must say as we used our numbers advantage and scored all three in the second half

We have hence qualified for Group A that has Bahrain, UAE and Qatar.

GRASS ROLLERS WATCH OUT !!! HERE COME THE TIGERS OF THE INDUS !!!
                        Doesn't matter how many players they had, coming back like that is a sign of fight and character, the most important, unique, and rare component of any team. Takes solid mental toughness to comeback like that. Those matches are always the most satisfying. Congratulations man.

I remember Mexico vs. Egypt in the 1999 Confederations Cup at the Azteca in Mexico City. It was raining, Egypt was playing a man down, and Mexico was up 2-0. In the last 10 minutes of the match Egypt somehow scored twice to finish 2-2. By the end of the match the Mexican fans were shouting Ole for the Egyptians. It was the only match in that tournament that Mexico didn't win.

These are the type of games one takes most pride in, so make sure you enjoy it and best of luck in the group stage.

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pharaoh again.
                          Originally posted by Pharaoh
                          Doesn't matter how many players they had, coming back like that is a sign of fight and character, the most important, unique, and rare component of any team. Takes solid mental toughness to comeback like that. Those matches are always the most satisfying. Congratulations man.

I remember Mexico vs. Egypt in the 1999 Confederations Cup at the Azteca in Mexico City. It was raining, Egypt was playing a man down, and Mexico was up 2-0. In the last 10 minutes of the match Egypt somehow scored twice to finish 2-2. By the end of the match the Mexican fans were shouting Ole for the Egyptians. It was the only match in that tournament that Mexico didn't win.

These are the type of games one takes most pride in, so make sure you enjoy it and best of luck in the group stage.

Thanks for the kind words ya Fir3on.

Both matches showed a fight back by our tigers. In the first game we fought back from 1-0 down to win 2-1 in Singapore.

This game we were 2-0 by halftime (and Singapore were lucky to score those goals as we were going forward like hell). Then they lost a man, and in comes Farooq Shah who was involved in 2 of the three goals that followed. Causing an own goal by pressuring the Singaporean defenders, and then himself scoring to tie the game 2-2. We are already through by then but we didnt back out from killing the game off.

Then Singapore had another man sentoff, and Pakistan scored the winner with some good control by Muhammed Rasool in the final minutes of the game to record another goal and create history for Pakistani football.

here are Pakistan's goals btw

Singapore are technically a lot better than Pakistan, ranked higher than us, and to beat them was creating history for us.

Bahrain, Kuwait and Qatar are next for the Group A clashes that start in two weeks time. The group winners qualify for the Olympics. I am pleased we have more matches to play and improve more upon from this.

Hey I am NOT saying we will qualify to the Olympics based on beating Singapore alone, but such small wins go a long way for our players and I sincerely hope they make Pakistanis like me proud of having a football team that may not have its pretty boys or superstars or great clubs, but a team that solely relies on heart, guts and determination no matter what the odds.

I would personally would like to thank Salman Ahmed Sharida of Bahrain who was our coach for a year till the Asian Games, and now he has left the team. His emphasis on better fitness has had a great impact on our players so much so that even the local coach who replaced him is following the same training routines Sharida introduced. He did his bit in making the team better.

Pakistan Zindabad
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X