Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one of these two national teams do you rate higher?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

portugal is good only because of scolari and deco. Take away the Brazilian influence and their back to their inconsistant ways!

Comment

Spain. Mainly because I bear a grudge and because teh Portugese players are all diving gits
      Backing Daei since 1992, to this day.
      GazKhor

Comment

portugal is much better as a team but spain are stronger,but the spain coach sucks maybe that why they fail in every competition.
        italy,portugal,france are the contenders of euro 2008

Comment

i've always thought Spain would do better with a foreign coach!

Comment

Portugal always used to have unfulfilled talent - I would say in terms of their players and pure talent their team of today is worse than it was 5-10 years ago (with Figo, Rui Costa, Paulo Sousa etc at their best). I think in years to come we'll look back on the "golden generation" not winning anything as a tragedy similar to the Dutch team of the 70's.

That Portuguese team always lacked a goalscorer. They would resort to playing Sa Pinto (a winger) or Nuno Gomes (not a natural goalscorer) in that position and would dominate games but never struggle to win. Euro 96 should have been their tournament.

Now they have Scolari they play less attractive and technical football but are more succesful. I was speaking to Portugal fans about it at the world cup and they seemed to be happy their football was getting recognition now that they were successful which I thought was the wrong way around...They used to have far more respect amongst neutrals for their good football but now with the antics of Ronaldo and the increased diving get booed and are generally disliked.

The tables have turned now - Spain have more talent but struggle to win against inferior opponents in cup football. Their central midfield is the packed with the best talent in the world (and overall I would argue only perhaps Argentina have a better selection of talent) yet they don't play well in competition football. Portugal under Scolari have picked up that habit.

I think it's a shame that this is the way it should be.

Comment

Spain no doubt..
              They have great young prospects...
              Iniesta.. Torres.. Ramos.. Miguel Torres.. David Villa..
              list goes on and on!

Comment

Originally posted by Blood_Money
                Spain no doubt..
                They have great young prospects...
                Iniesta.. Torres.. Ramos.. Miguel Torres.. David Villa..
                list goes on and on!
                OMG you left the biggest tallent... Fabregas!

Comment

Yeah I would say Portugal too. I notice you're a huge Gunners fan with all those supporter bar things. So am I! Come on the Arsenal! Bring on Chelsea!

Comment

i say IRAN is the stronger team

Comment

its gotta be portugal, spain hasnt achieved much in the past few years!

Comment

Portugal

Comment

Working...
                        X