Man U v Lille walk off controversy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man U v Lille walk off controversy

WHAT?! controversy with man u not involving ronaldo!? I didnt believe it either.

smart play by Giggs,i was thinkin Liverpool shouldve done that tooo

Comment

Well UEFA will apparently investigate Lille's protest over Giggs' freekick and give a ruling by Friday; if Lille's appeal is upheld, then it means a friggin replay .

To be honest, if the opposing side requests a quick freekick - which I am sure the did - then Giggs' goal is perfectly within the laws of the game, Lille are just incensed they couldnt be more smarter

Another issue is the apparent bad stadium and crowd trouble which will be decided by March 22.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't like this quick free kick rule, but it is one of the rules of the game. Manchester United's goal was correctly awarded, there should be no replay.

Comment

for those of you who are taking Manchester's side, look at the replay again.

The ref looks at the Lille goalkeeper and sees that he's on the side of the net, then he quickly turns around and walks away.

I've seen a lot of situations like that, but in every single one the free kick taker get's a yellow card and the kick is retaken.

like I said before the Ref was either biased or paid off, who cares if Ferguson has "never seen players walk off the pitch", they were doing it rightfully to protest against the Ref's decision.
          The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
          For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
          http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
          http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
          http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
          http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

Originally posted by PersianMadrid7
            for those of you who are taking Manchester's side, look at the replay again.
            The ref looks at the Lille goalkeeper and sees that he's on the side of the net, then he quickly turns around and walks away.
            I've seen a lot of situations like that, but in every single one the free kick taker get's a yellow card and the kick is retaken.
            like I said before the Ref was either biased or paid off, who cares if Ferguson has "never seen players walk off the pitch", they were doing it rightfully to protest against the Ref's decision.
            exactly

Comment

the video has the ref talking to Giggs and then turning away as soon as Rooney put the ball down.

It doesnt look like he saw the keeper at all. The wall was there, quick freekicks are perfectly within the rule book. Had Lille done it, I am sure the ref would have given that as well...provided they had ASKED for a whistle or a quick freekick which Giggs says he did.

Hey Henry did it, people called it clever thinking against Chelsea,
              now Giggs did it and we call it foul ??

Meh
              sigpic

Comment

The ref was 1000% correct.
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah
                  Had Lille done it, I am sure the ref would have given that as well...
                  i am not sure when you see that the ref cancelled a goal because of a perfect dive of vidic and didn't give a yellow card to scholes who could be suspended for the next leg... in general the refs advantage more the big clubs...

Comment

The rules allow quick free kicks if the ref is made aware that the taker wants a quick free-kick. That's it, there's no debating the subject. Giggs' free-kick is perfectly legitimate. Good luck to Lille!

Comment

i'm on man utd.'s side this time cause henry does it too

Comment

Originally posted by soniq
                        i'm on man utd.'s side this time cause henry does it too
                        Giggs did a Henry-esque goal, why are people upset?

Comment

I dont think the freekick was legit. As soon as I saw it, I thought it was bull. And even stupid and says a lot about Giggs for taking it and wanting to score a cheap goal

Comment

well all i know is if Man U wins the CL (which they wont) it will be scarred big time

Comment

People who think this wasnt legall should go educate themselves!
                              Henry did the same thing last season and it was 100% correct, In WorldCup Brazil did the same thing to Nigeria(1998 I beieve).

Comment

Working...
                              X