Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Argentina would be as good as Brazil or better if..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think Argentina would be as good as Brazil or better if..

they had around the same population?!!

whos to say they arent as good now? They did the same in the WC i believe except argentina lost in PKs. If brazil didnt have kaka and/or ronaldhinho i think argentina might be better

Comment

oh just to clarify tho i do like brazil better (cause of kaka and robinho)

but i love crespo 2

Comment

Population has never been a deciding factor in the skill of a Team.
        Just look at Czech and Holland. Great footballing teams with low populations.
        Then look at India and China. I dont need to mention how good they are.

Argentina has always had great teams. Brazil has always produced the better individuals.
        There is of course exceptions. Marradona, Batsituta, Veron....

But generally Brazil has always had the better individuals.
        Romario, Ronaldo, Bebeto, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Juninho, Pele and the greats of old.

Comment

they both the same i believe brazil has just got more skilled players and have had the better of luck in wc06 and argentina bad luck vs germany in pk

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

No. I personally think Argentina, as a footballing nation, is quite over-rated. If it wasn't for Diego , they would be nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan
              No. I personally think Argentina, as a footballing nation, is quite over-rated. If it wasn't for Diego , they would be nothing.
              what????:bs:

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

:bs:

Comment

ahem...you need a lesson in football history

Where was Diego Maradona when they reached the first ever World Cup final in 1930 ? when they were semifinalists in 1966 ? when they were winners in 1978 ?

oh and may I remind you, Argentine clubs have won the Copa Libertadores a total of 20 times as compared to Brazilian clubs' 13 wins in history. Also, Argentine clubs have won the old Intercontinental Cup a total of 9 times, which is more than any other country (Europe or South America) that has taken part in this competition.
                  sigpic

Comment

Argentina is a world superpower no doubt about that.

But Brazil will always have the edge in terms of talent simply because of their culture.

Population has nothing to do with footballing talent, look at China they have the worlds biggest population with one of the worst teams on earth.

And then there is a Island, I forgot the name, with a population of only 40, 000, that beat Costa Rica in an exhibition match.
                    The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
                    For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
                    http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
                    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
                    http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

Croatia is probably the best team in the world based on population. 4 million and a World Cup semifinal and regularly make big tournements.

Comment

Originally posted by vahid is back
                        Croatia is probably the best team in the world based on population. 4 million and a World Cup semifinal and regularly make big tournements.
                        I would give that to the Czech bro. 10 mil and has been a top 10 team for the past ten years now and reaching as high as 2nd at one stage.

Fifa top 10 (population in brackets)
                        1.Italy (58m)
                        2.Brazil (186m)
                        3.Argentina (40m)
                        4.France (60m)
                        5.Germany(82m)
                        6.England (60m)
                        7.Netherlands (17m)
                        8.Portugal (11m)
                        9.Czech (10m)
                        10.Spain (40m)

78.Cape Verde Islands (418,000 people) --> 0.03% of chinas population.
                        79.China (1300ml)

source for population http://www.citypopulation.de/WorldPop.html

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah
                          ahem...you need a lesson in football history
                          Where was Diego Maradona when they reached the first ever World Cup final in 1930 ? when they were semifinalists in 1966 ? when they were winners in 1978 ?
                          oh and may I remind you, Argentine clubs have won the Copa Libertadores a total of 20 times as compared to Brazilian clubs' 13 wins in history. Also, Argentine clubs have won the old Intercontinental Cup a total of 9 times, which is more than any other country (Europe or South America) that has taken part in this competition.
                          I know all about Argentina's club. I know about how many Copa titles Boca, River, Independiente, etc have.

They are best country for club soccer in S. America. Ahead of Brazil, Ecuador, Colombia, Uruguagy, etc. The game in the Apetura are so exciting, box to box action

But I'm saying as a NATIONAL TEAM, I can't say Argentina in the same breathe as Germany, Brazil and Italy. Do you disagree with me?

Comment

But I'm saying as a NATIONAL TEAM, I can't say Argentina in the same breathe as Germany, Brazil and Italy. Do you disagree with me?
                            Yes I do disagree

I would infact name Argentina in the same breath with Germany Italy Brazil regardless. That said, I would say post-Maradona Argentina has been underachieving on the world stage, but as former world champs, and runners up in past, you always expect them to perform good.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah
                              Yes I do disagree
                              I would infact name Argentina in the same breath with Germany Italy Brazil regardless. That said, I would say post-Maradona Argentina has been underachieving on the world stage, but as former world champs, and runners up in past, you always expect them to perform good.

Yes of course you expect them to perform good as former champs. But I wouldn't say, historically, they are on the same level as Germany, Brazil and Italy. I would put Argentina on the same level as England, Netherlands, Spain, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X